What's For Dinner?

The Owl

http://tienda.mexiland.ch/images/MoleXiqueno.jpg

Mole chicken and rice, made with Xiqueño brand smuggled in from Xico, Veracruz by our Mexican exchange student. Mix with a little chicken broth and :drool:

A nice review of the product here... http://www.themijach...-xico-veracruz/

There is a good one we get at the local latin grocery store.... not sure the name, but it's the same thing, have to mix it with a little chicken broth. I'm sure smuggled stuff is better though! Would love to try it! If you like Mole, and are even in Milwaukee, let me know. There is a restaurant that has like 9 different mole sauces.

Mole-waukee!

Gonna have to go with some Bacon Cheeseburgers tonight. :D

Last night I dusted the snow off the charcoal grill and threw some 1/2 lb burgers down. I added cheese and bacon too - thanks for the inspiration!

• Like 1

Super Bowl potluck with all the other Cyclones here in England.

I'm in charge of ordering pizzas.

Other stuff:

Pasta

Wings

SAUSAGES!

Aztec-style hot chocolate

And... :hail: :D

Not tonight, I don't think, not for me at least. Trying to save my money :LOL: I had my fun Friday night.

• Like 1

Other stuff:

Pasta

Wings

SAUSAGES!

Not tonight, I don't think, not for me at least. Trying to save my money :LOL: I had my fun Friday night.

Tea for the young man! :D

Other stuff:

Pasta

Wings

SAUSAGES!

A young man that has self-discipline. Fancy that. I didn't think we bred them anymore.

Other stuff:

Pasta

Wings

SAUSAGES!

A young man that has self-discipline. Fancy that. I didn't think we bred them anymore.

When you don't have a source of income and am living off of what's in your bank account it's a bit hard not to have self-discipline :LOL:

• Like 1

Other stuff:

Pasta

Wings

SAUSAGES!

When you don't have a source of income and am living off of what's in your bank account it's a bit hard not to have self-discipline :LOL:

:LOL: :D

Last night I made fish tacos (Chef Aarti Sequeira's recipe). They were really easy and yummy. I served a cucumber salad along side.

I just made the dinner menu for the next few days. I'm curious, who else makes a weekly dinner menu? I find that if I plan ahead enough, then I don't make so many trips to the grocery store.

Dinner ahead:

Tonight: individual boboli pizzas (because it's just going to be me and the kids)

Saturday: Indian Spiced Chicken and Indian Spinach

Sunday: steak, mashed potatoes, fried red tomatoes with sour cream and prosciutto and crusty rolls

Monday: sweet and sour braised brisket with roasted carrots and turnips

Tuesday: leftovers! (shepherds pie)

Damn! You sound like a really good cook. Nice mix.
  • Like 1

Last night I made fish tacos (Chef Aarti Sequeira's recipe). They were really easy and yummy. I served a cucumber salad along side.

I just made the dinner menu for the next few days. I'm curious, who else makes a weekly dinner menu? I find that if I plan ahead enough, then I don't make so many trips to the grocery store.

Dinner ahead:

Tonight: individual boboli pizzas (because it's just going to be me and the kids)

Sunday: steak, mashed potatoes, fried red tomatoes with sour cream and prosciutto and crusty rolls

I just realized your post was from 2011!
  • Like 1

Anyway. I made cioppino last night and put a little twist in it.

Olive oil hot in the pan

added crushed red pepper

chopped onion

chopped fennel

add celery

add garlic

add tomato past

add saffron

deglaze with red wine

add chicken stock

once the broth is just right I add fresh sprigs of thyme and a bay leaf

simmer for 30 more minutes

added: Cod, shrimp, scallops, mussels and clams

served with crusty french bread

• Like 3

Dinner ahead:

I know! HAHA! Love it. But thank you for the above comment. I love to cook and am giving serious thought into going to culinary school and become a chef.

I love threads like this because it can be a great source of inspiration.

• Like 2

I have a request for those in the know.

I recently bought saffron (for the first time) so I could make a Persian rice recipe that is a family favorite of a dear friend of mine. The rice was amazing! It had this nice crust that was unbeatable and the color of the rice was beautiful!

I want to make a batch of traditional Indian cookies this weekend and the recipe calls for saffron but aside from these two recipes, I don't have too many others. So, are there any favorites you have?

Dinner ahead:

I know! HAHA! Love it. But thank you for the above comment. I love to cook and am giving serious thought into going to culinary school and become a chef.

If you have the passion for it and it really doesn't disrupt anyone else's life, then you should do it. I wish I would have when I could. I have way too many things going on now. Basing this merely on a four year old menu :LOL: your cooking range is outstanding.

Edited by liquidcrystalcompass