What's For Dinner?

The Owl

Chili w/ rice. It's a good night for it considering it is freezing cold. I use the recipe on the Bush Chili Beans can.

Love chili and rice. I made some beefaroni stuff a little while ago that was a big hit. I added some green olives and a little garlic this time and I think it made a difference. My wife and son enjoyed it and actually said so and I always do....
  • Like 1

Chili w/ rice. It's a good night for it considering it is freezing cold. I use the recipe on the Bush Chili Beans can.

Love chili and rice. I made some beefaroni stuff a little while ago that was a big hit. I added some green olives and a little garlic this time and I think it made a difference. My wife and son enjoyed it and actually said so and I always do....

That sounds good too. Sometimes you have to doctor that beefaroni stuff up to make it taste good. I'll try the olives and garlic some time.

That sounds good too. Sometimes you have to doctor that beefaroni stuff up to make it taste good. I'll try the olives and garlic some time.

Anything I cook is very basic out of fear mostly :LOL: I knew the sliced green olives wouldn't ruin it but I used only a little garlic fearing I would overpower everything else. Its been a while since I have felt like cooking anything so it made me happy just to do it at all.... :)

Anything I cook is very basic out of fear mostly :LOL: I knew the sliced green olives wouldn't ruin it but I used only a little garlic fearing I would overpower everything else. Its been a while since I have felt like cooking anything so it made me happy just to do it at all.... :)

That's alright, someone should have taken a video of me making this chili. It must be because of my cold, but I was all thumbs and kept dropping, spilling - used the wrong sized pan - tried to transfer into another - spilled it all on top of the stove - wound up putting it back in the original pan. Stuff like that.

I'm exhausted. But it tasted very good. :)

• Like 1

That's alright, someone should have taken a video of me making this chili. It must be because of my cold, but I was all thumbs and kept dropping, spilling - used the wrong sized pan - tried to transfer into another - spilled it all on top of the stove - wound up putting it back in the original pan. Stuff like that.

I'm exhausted. But it tasted very good. :)

what-is-happening-cooking1.gif?w=700
  • Like 1

Shepherds Pie. First time ever.

Let me know how it turned out,

Never made it. :D

It was a hit with the lad. The recipe was pretty simple, and ended up being like carrot-infused sloppy joe with mashed potatoes. Good for a fall evening.
  • Like 2

It was a hit with the lad. The recipe was pretty simple, and ended up being like carrot-infused sloppy joe with mashed potatoes. Good for a fall evening.

Nice!

Can you PM me the recipe? :cheers:

Shepherd's Pie, when made correctly, will make you a happy man. However, a "carrot infused" sounds odd to my irish/scotch/german ears. Was it made with beef or lamb?

Shepherd's Pie, when made correctly, will make you a happy man. However, a "carrot infused" sounds odd to my irish/scotch/german ears. Was it made with beef or lamb?

The shepherd's pie at my house is always beef. Not too big on lamb, really to me it tastes like cheap sausage :boo hiss:

• Like 2

cheap sausage

That'd be a cool name for a band
  • Like 2

Burgers with:

Swiss cheese

Bacon

Sauteed onions

Seasoned with Fiesta Brand Texas Style Steak Seasoning and cayenne pepper

And Irish nachos topped with:

Bacon

Half a pound of melted mozzarella

Cayenne pepper