What's For Dinner?

The Owl

I made my world famous 4 bean no meat chili today. My wife and I have eaten plenty today watching the golf. Me and the wifeski will be primed for a major gas battle royale in bed under the covers later tonight. Sadly she always wins by TKO in 2 or 3 rounds... :|

Post of the day :LMAO:

I was really hoping someone would get a kick out if it. The married folk out there will certainly get it I would think. Its not something you plan it just sort of works out that way.... :cool:
  • Like 1

I made my world famous 4 bean no meat chili today. My wife and I have eaten plenty today watching the golf. Me and the wifeski will be primed for a major gas battle royale in bed under the covers later tonight. Sadly she always wins by TKO in 2 or 3 rounds... :|

I was really hoping someone would get a kick out if it. The married folk out there will certainly get it I would think. Its not something you plan it just sort of works out that way.... :cool:

Don't light a match! :LOL:

• Like 1

Don't light a match! :LOL:

Definitely not. No open flame in the bedroom. If we had a fireplace it would have to be turned off for nights like tonight. Wouldn't even allow any stray embers to be hot or glowing... :D-13:
  • Like 1

:LOL:

Great minds think alike. I made chili today...wicked spicy. Threw in some leftover sirloin to boot. Very tasty!

• Like 3

Great minds think alike. I made chili today...wicked spicy. Threw in some leftover sirloin to boot. Very tasty!

That sounds more my route. I need meat in my chili. Dad usually throws chunks of turkey or pork loin in there, and we make sure that if your nostrils aren't on fire from standing over the crockpot it's not spicy enough.

Then 8 hours later you regret your decision.

• Like 3

That sounds more my route. I need meat in my chili. Dad usually throws chunks of turkey or pork loin in there, and we make sure that if your nostrils aren't on fire from standing over the crockpot it's not spicy enough.

9 times out of 10 I put either sausage or ground beef in it and 3 bean types. My wife didn't want meat in it this time. My post a little earlier may explain her motives... :)
  • Like 1

Beans, beans, good for the heart, the more you eat, the more you...

Tonight, I'm just making spinach/cheese raviolis I picked up from the store earlier. I don't have it in me to make a big, elaborate meal. I picked up some Naan and I'm going to layer on some diced tomatoes, mushrooms, garlic and onions and stick it under the broiler to crisp up. Munch on that before ravioli time. It's a total experiment though. We'll see how it goes!

• Like 3

I made chili this weekend too. Cincy chili though, my favorite. I love the dimension the cinnamon adds. I make mine with ground beef most times, occasionally will add other meats, but my favorite is straight beef. I make it a 2 out of 5 on the heat scale because my kids eat it. My wife and I add some of the Dave's Insanity Ghost Pepper sauce to ours to kick up the heat. I always make cornbread to go with it. I have to have cornbread when I have chili. I likely have my cornbread recipe laying around somewhere here :LOL: I have changed it to a gluten-free version so my daughter can also enjoy it.

(found it... if anyone cares. I just changed the AP flour to GF flour and everything else is the same)

http://www.therushforum.com/index.php?/topic/65459-bread/page__st__20#entry2715149

• Like 3

I made chili this weekend too. Cincy chili though, my favorite. I love the dimension the cinnamon adds. I make mine with ground beef most times, occasionally will add other meats, but my favorite is straight beef. I make it a 2 out of 5 on the heat scale because my kids eat it. My wife and I add some of the Dave's Insanity Ghost Pepper sauce to ours to kick up the heat. I always make cornbread to go with it. I have to have cornbread when I have chili. I likely have my cornbread recipe laying around somewhere here :LOL: I have changed it to a gluten-free version so my daughter can also enjoy it.

(found it... if anyone cares. I just changed the AP flour to GF flour and everything else is the same)

http://www.therushfo...20#entry2715149

Teach them kids to embrace the heat :fury:

Never had cinnamon in chili before. Not sure if I'd like that or not.

Edited by BowlCity

I like some heat (just to the point my face starts sweating) but my wife really doesn't like much if any. She always comes first... Edited by Narpsberg

Oh,

Its good! :D-13:

Find a Skyline Chili or a Hard Times Chili place and give it a try... you barely notice it's in there, but it adds a sweet spice. I like it much better than Texas chili....

And one big plus with Cincy chili - NO BEANS!!!

Find a Skyline Chili or a Hard Times Chili place and give it a try... you barely notice it's in there, but it adds a sweet spice. I like it much better than Texas chili....

But beans are the magical fruit!

• Like 1

:D

• Like 1

If you go to one of the places I listed, you can get it with beans. At Hard Times.... (I like the 4-way)

3-Way Cincy Chili (spaghetti, Chili, and cheese)

4-Way Cincy Chili (spaghetti, Chili, cheese, and onions)

5-Way Cincy Chili (spaghetti, Chili, cheese, onions & beans)

This is Skyline's...

3-Way

Steaming spaghetti covered with our secret recipe chili, topped with a mound of shredded cheddar cheese.

4-Way

A 3-Way with onions or beans.

5-Way

A 3-Way with onions and beans.

BC - not sure how close you are to Des Moines... but a place called Angelo's Pizza apparently has Cincy chili. Cannot speak to the quality of their product.

Well currently I'm in another hemisphere :P

At home I'm about an hour and a half outside of Des Moines but will be living there this summer for my internship, so I'll have to go check it out. Hard to separate myself from the BBQ they have over there though.

If you go to one of the places I listed, you can get it with beans. At Hard Times.... (I like the 4-way)

3-Way Cincy Chili (spaghetti, Chili, and cheese)

4-Way Cincy Chili (spaghetti, Chili, cheese, and onions)

5-Way Cincy Chili (spaghetti, Chili, cheese, onions & beans)

I reached my liked quota for the day. :eyeroll:

Sounds great!! :D

Last night I seared tuna steak in a cast iron pan, very hot. Nice medium - medium rare cook with a terrific blackened crust. Topped it with a sweet/spicy pineapple mango chutney and served with green beans and quinoa
  • Like 3

Last night I seared tuna steak in a cast iron pan, very hot. Nice medium - medium rare cook with a terrific blackened crust. Topped it with a sweet/spicy pineapple mango chutney and served with green beans and quinoa

That is so close to what I had last night! I had a night out with the girlfriends (always fun!). I had tuna glazed with soy sauce, coconut rice cake, pickled bok choy and a fruit salsa. It was tasty! And the wine! So much wine. Gots me some girlfriends who enjoy the ol' pickled grape.

• Like 2