Time stand still live??

reani14

I think that TSS sounded great live on the hold your fire tour (i know its a hard song to sing cause of the high required vocal) but i think the best version is the show of hands cd. I think it was preformed well on the presto tour too, But after that. it really didnt go over well live. It was pretty bad on the counterparts tour. Some songs dont go over well live . But to me the studio version cant be touched..

TSS is one of my favorites...unfortunately, I was so blown away by TSoR during the Time Machine Tour, that I honestly could not tell that they were playing TSS until the final chorus.

That was the worst part of the concert.

Never had I been so blown away.

I don't understand why Geddy chooses to sing the higher vocal in the chorus live, as opposed to doing the much lower, mellow part that's found on the album version's chorus. I prefer the studio version's vocals; it seems like it would be easier for him to sing live.

QUOTE (reani14 @ Dec 29 2010, 09:17 PM)
I think that TSS sounded great live on the hold your fire tour but i think the best version is the show of hands cd.

The Show of Hands CD/DVD was the Hold Your Fire tour.

It sounded great on the Time Machine tour.

trink39.gif

I thought the one-two punch of TSoR and TSS to start the show was great. Something happened to me this tour which normally doesn't: when the band hit the stage and broke into TSoR, I got teary. I thought of how much the band has meant to me these past 27 years, how they're like friends I get to see once every other year or so, and I got emotional. "I really love these guys," I thought.

QUOTE (ColdFireYYZ @ Dec 29 2010, 07:51 PM)
It sounded great on the Time Machine tour.

yes.gif I agree.. TSS is one of my fav tunes too and had the tears with this one again.. 1022.gif

I'm not lookin' back but I want to look around me now...

I absolutely loved the way Geddy sang "Time Stand Still" on the Time Machine Tour. So much more emotional than the more restrained phrasing on the studio version. I feel that way about "Mission" from the Snakes And Arrows tour as well. I never listen to the studio version of "Mission" anymore. I heard it on digital radio yesterday and it seemed really lacking, not the same stirring, powerful song at all.

QUOTE (D3strukt @ Dec 30 2010, 09:33 AM)
No, because IT'S NOT A SPOILER.

How is it not a spoiler? The thread reveals they play the song on this tour. Not everyone has gone to see this tour. So this is a spoiler to folks who did not know and may not have wanted to know.

The Europeans didn't think they were getting a tour. Therefore they already know.

The Americans who didn't go, CHOSE not to go, or either couldn't go, mind, this was before there was a second leg.

Therefore, I think pretty much everyone KNOWS the setlist now. And if you don't, well then lol, you've been under a rock.

Please, don't misconstrue this as me being a dick, or anything. I'm just sayin'.

QUOTE (Xanadu93 @ Dec 30 2010, 12:45 AM)
I don't understand why Geddy chooses to sing the higher vocal in the chorus live, as opposed to doing the much lower, mellow part that's found on the album version's chorus. I prefer the studio version's vocals; it seems like it would be easier for him to sing live.

Yes. This is what I have been thinking too. I always like hearing this live.

QUOTE (tripdad @ Dec 30 2010, 09:51 AM)
QUOTE (D3strukt @ Dec 30 2010, 09:33 AM)
No, because IT'S NOT A SPOILER.

How is it not a spoiler? The thread reveals they play the song on this tour. Not everyone has gone to see this tour. So this is a spoiler to folks who did not know and may not have wanted to know.

the tour has been OVER for several months. This will be a second leg of the tour, and if anyone doesn't know by now that Time Stand Still is played on the Time Machine Tour they've been living under a rock.

Oh, and they're also playing The Camera Eye... ohmy.gif

QUOTE (reani14 @ Dec 29 2010, 06:17 PM)
I think that TSS sounded great live on the hold your fire tour (i know its a hard song to sing cause of the high required vocal) but i think the best version is the show of hands cd. I think it was preformed well on the presto tour too, But after that. it really didnt go over well live. It was pretty bad on the counterparts tour. Some songs dont go over well live . But to me the studio version cant be touched..

Dude, watch the spoilers. I didn't know they played TSS on the Presto tour, I was waiting to hear that tour's setlist. wink.gif

I think he was trying to sing portions of the song in the wrong octave. It sounded bad. The gentler octave in the studio version fits the song, and the state of Geddy's voice, better.

QUOTE (shaun3701 @ Jan 1 2011, 11:37 AM)
It seems almost like Geddy pushes his voice on purpose, even when he doesn't need to. He even does it when addressing the audience (thank YOU! GOODNIGHT!!).

I agree. It seems like he could sing several things, The Camera Eye for example in a much more relaxed way like it is on the record.

Archived