The Official Iron Maiden Thread

Nate2112

Ok, since nobody seems to know what Maiden thread to post in, I am declaring this as the Official Iron Maiden thread for this board.

Why? Because I f***in said so lol.

And you're declaring it by right of you being the biggest Maiden fan on TRF? Because honestly you just might be.

AHEM

I'm considering my first tattoo being a combo of Nightwish, Maiden and Lacuna Coil ������

Eddie, Tarja and Cristina on the same tattoo?

I think he would go with Floor instead of Tarja. Even Nightwish fans don't like Tarja enough to get a tattoo of her lol.

Like I said above, I'm toying with the idea of a thread pattern around my arm, with links like a charm bracelet of things I love

I'd have a Robin for my mum, as she loved robins

I'd use the Comalies era LC for Lacuna Coil

I'd use the owl from the Anette era live album for Nightwish

I'd have Eddy for Maiden

I'd have the original logo of the fantasy series Wheel Of Time

I'd have a wolf for my love of Robin Hobb books

I'd like to have it as a sort of scrapbook of all the things I love, and update it over time.

This is not very metal of me but getting a tattoo of anything has never crossed my mind.

• Like 1

Ok, since nobody seems to know what Maiden thread to post in, I am declaring this as the Official Iron Maiden thread for this board.

Why? Because I f***in said so lol.

And you're declaring it by right of you being the biggest Maiden fan on TRF? Because honestly you just might be.

AHEM

I'm considering my first tattoo being a combo of Nightwish, Maiden and Lacuna Coil ������

Eddie, Tarja and Cristina on the same tattoo?

I think he would go with Floor instead of Tarja. Even Nightwish fans don't like Tarja enough to get a tattoo of her lol.

Like I said above, I'm toying with the idea of a thread pattern around my arm, with links like a charm bracelet of things I love

I'd have a Robin for my mum, as she loved robins

I'd use the Comalies era LC for Lacuna Coil

I'd use the owl from the Anette era live album for Nightwish

I'd have Eddy for Maiden

I'd have the original logo of the fantasy series Wheel Of Time

I'd have a wolf for my love of Robin Hobb books

I'd like to have it as a sort of scrapbook of all the things I love, and update it over time.

This is not very metal of me but getting a tattoo of anything has never crossed my mind.

Well I have always wanted one to commemorate my mum since she passed. And then it made me think of all the little things in life that have kept me going or sustained me somehow. But I'd want it to be personal, not just a random trendy design that anyone could have done.

Changed my profile pic already ������

Hmmm maybe you are the biggest Maiden fan on TRF!

I think Maiden are the greatest metal band of all time.

• Like 3

Changed my profile pic already ������

Hmmm maybe you are the biggest Maiden fan on TRF!

I think Maiden are the greatest metal band of all time.

How many times have you seen them live?

The only time I had a chance to see them live I had the flu. I live ages away from anywhere gigs are good.

I did see them live at a festival but due to health reasons I've forgotten. Had seizures in the early 2010s that wiped some memory out. Barely remember a few things between 2009-13

The new video was very Heavy Metal

Yes I thought that! It had input from former Pixar animators

I like the song. It feels a bit muted to me, but Maiden has never truly fully disappointed me completely. Even the Blaze albums, which I find hard to enjoy, have strong moments. And I never hated No Prayer or Fear like so many did at the time.

I'll buy the album and I have no doubt I will love some of the songs. This one, to me, is one of there 'average' tracks.

Now, average for Maiden would another band's dream song. They playing is excellent. The instrumental portion spanning across the 5 minute mark is the best part.

Edited by Mosher

I am shocked. I loved this song

I saw some people saying to listen on different formats. I'll try that.

Also-

While Maiden is one of my favorite bands, I often seem to love the unpopular songs and only like the really popular ones.

And sometimes my opinion on music changes drastically the more I listen. So one listen is never a fair number of listens for me.

Okay, watched it with video and I will definitely say advertising works.

The video was money very well spent, the story was great and the art excellent.

And I actually liked the song so much more.

Now the question is was Youtube sounding better than Spotify, or was I manipulated, or was it simply the repeat listen.

Regardless, I have raised my opinion.

• Like 1

Also-

While Maiden is one of my favorite bands, I often seem to love the unpopular songs and only like the really popular ones.

And sometimes my opinion on music changes drastically the more I listen. So one listen is never a fair number of listens for me.

I get that. I'm like that with a lot of bands. I adore No Prayer For The Dying, and love The Final Frontier start to finish.

• Like 1

Also-

I get that. I'm like that with a lot of bands. I adore No Prayer For The Dying, and love The Final Frontier start to finish.

I love Final Frontier. I think Maiden is as good now as they ever have been.

There's a magic in the music you fall in love with in adolescence through perhaps the early 30's. That magic is almost impossible to find again, leaving generation after generation of people decrying new music and hailing 'their' music as somehow intrinsically the best.

Now I know I can't speak objectively on music quality, but nevertheless I believe Maiden is as good as ever and the changes in quality are really just in the heads of aging fans.

**As I typed this my 19 year old son texted me to say "it sounds fantastic".

I'll pretend that's objective proof that Maiden is still great. :)

Edited by Mosher

Also-

I love Final Frontier. I think Maiden is as good now as they ever have been.

There's a magic in the music you fall in love with in adolescence through perhaps the early 30's. That magic is almost impossible to find again, leaving generation after generation of people decrying new music and hailing 'their' music as somehow intrinsically the best.

Now I know I can't speak objectively on music quality, but nevertheless I believe Maiden is as good as ever and the changes in quality are really just in the heads of aging fans.

**As I typed this my 19 year old son texted me to say "it sounds fantastic".

I'll pretend that's objective proof that Maiden is still great. :)

I loved Maiden in my teens, but nowhere near as much as I have the last two years. I collected FINALLY all their studio albums, and aside from three, I love them all immensely. Brave New World was weirdly the one I struggled with the most.

• Like 2

You know, this is pretty good. I really enjoyed Book of Souls and I'd accepted in my head that it was going to be their last studio album given that the Legacy of the Beast tour dragged on for as long as it did and then got pushed aside by the pandemic.

Excited to hear the rest of the new album. This song kicks ass.

• Like 1

This one feels more like a classic rock song than a heavy metal song, though it's pure Maiden with Bruce's range, Nicko's fills, and those guitars. I'm so used to them putting out more immediate tunes or the proggy epics. This is rather uncharacteristic sounding of them to me but they lose absolutely nothing for it.
  • Like 1

21st century Maiden I feel is some of the most underappreciated music. Yes, the Beast-Seventh Son run in the 80's is impressive and historically important, but Brave New World, AMOLAD, Book Of Souls are so, so excellent. And 21st century Bruce is a much, much better vocalist than 80's Bruce.
  • Like 1