Guitar players!

CygnusX-1Bk2

QUOTE (Sonilink @ Feb 10 2006, 04:27 PM)
(I must say one of Mike Oldfield's guitar gave me inspiration for it!)

Oldfield is such an under appreciated musician here in the US -

The only thing people know when you mention his name is "ooohh thats the exorcist theme music dude" -

If they only knew what they were missing - He's pure genius

Ibanez Gio - my first one.. i dont really feel like selling it

epiphone is the same deal

Fender Strat - American, of course. Sunburst finish.

Fender Acoustic

Homemade Strat - my grandpa was a carpenter and electrician. We got the wood and cut the body ourselves, using my curretn strat as a model. We purchased the neck because We werent in a mathy mood. Well, most of the rest was seperatly purchased and assembled, so we really only made the body and painted.

I'm still proud of it though.. Sorry i dont have any pics now, no camera and all the pics from the old computer were wiped.

My total rig now is....

Ibanez GAX50

Peavey Accoustic

Fender Accoustic/Electric

Line6 Spider II Amp

Ibanez Distorsion

Ibanez Chorus/Flange

Ibanez Tube Screamer

Digitech Screamin' Blues

Dunlop CryBaby Wah

I got more toys than I know how to play, I really play at a beginner level. At least I have the toys to at least sound half way good lol rofl3.gif

Here's a more recent pic of my stuff. I just added that bottom Marshall, but will probably sell the other one. In the rack I added a Digitech DHP-33 harmonizer (the upgrade to the one Alex and David Gilmour used to use wink.gif ).

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v318/1001001/Guitars/setup2.jpg

Ok i made my decision i got my self a new amp and heres my baby!

http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y194/DefRushFan/Equipment001.jpg

and heres a pic of my guitars with the new amp

http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y194/DefRushFan/Equipment002.jpg

current giging outfit:

1. AT-100 B-52

1. Epiphone Firebird VII

1. Ibanez Jet King II

1. Washburn Spirit Les Paul Copy

QUOTE (defrushfan01 @ Mar 26 2006, 08:47 PM)

Welcome to the world of tube amps! new_thumbsupsmileyanim.gif

Your new amp is nothing like the solid state amps you've owned before. Tube amps are more fragile, and more things can go wrong with them, so take extra care of that head when carting it around. They also require routine maintenance, like new power tubes once a year (assuming you'll be using it often). But you'll be rewarded with TONE.

Do you know what kind of tubes are in there now? Is it a 100w head?

QUOTE (1-0-0-1-0-0-1 @ Mar 26 2006, 10:11 PM)
QUOTE (defrushfan01 @ Mar 26 2006, 08:47 PM)

Welcome to the world of tube amps! new_thumbsupsmileyanim.gif

Your new amp is nothing like the solid state amps you've owned before. Tube amps are more fragile, and more things can go wrong with them, so take extra care of that head when carting it around. They also require routine maintenance, like new power tubes once a year (assuming you'll be using it often). But you'll be rewarded with TONE.

im not sure what tubes are in it, ill have to read in my book. Im planning on buying a flight case for the head. and what are POWER TUBES? and thanks i love that amp. sounds really good.

EDIT: Yes it is a 100w head. and a 450w cab.

Edited by defrushfan01

QUOTE (defrushfan01 @ Mar 26 2006, 10:17 PM)

Welcome to the world of tube amps!  new_thumbsupsmileyanim.gif

im not sure what tubes are in it, ill have to read in my book. Im planning on buying a flight case for the head. and what are POWER TUBES? and thanks i love that amp. sounds really good.

There are two different types of tubes in your amp: preamp tubes and power tubes. If you peek around the back, you'll see (in your case) seven small tubes -- those are your preamp tubes. They are responsible for much of your tone. The larger tubes are the power tubes. You have a 100w head, so you have four of them. They provide the amp's output power, and also affect the tone. Tube amps sound better cranked up, so the more you crank it, the more you'll notice the power tubes' influence on your tone. That's where the type and brand of tubes you have becomes so important.

A 450w cabinet? I just looked at the B-52 website and it says it's a 480w cab. Each speaker is rated at 120w. With a 100w head you'll never use those speakers to their fullest advantage. Guitar speakers sound better when pushed, and with a 480w cab you won't be pushing them too much. Regardless, it'll still sound great, and you'll be hearing "TURN THAT DOWN!" a lot more often now! laugh.gif

QUOTE (1-0-0-1-0-0-1 @ Mar 26 2006, 10:53 PM)
QUOTE (defrushfan01 @ Mar 26 2006, 10:17 PM)

Welcome to the world of tube amps!  new_thumbsupsmileyanim.gif

There are two different types of tubes in your amp: preamp tubes and power tubes. If you peek around the back, you'll see (in your case) seven small tubes -- those are your preamp tubes. They are responsible for much of your tone. The larger tubes are the power tubes. You have a 100w head, so you have four of them. They provide the amp's output power, and also affect the tone. Tube amps sound better cranked up, so the more you crank it, the more you'll notice the power tubes' influence on your tone. That's where the type and brand of tubes you have becomes so important.

A 450w cabinet? I just looked at the B-52 website and it says it's a 480w cab. Each speaker is rated at 120w. With a 100w head you'll never use those speakers to their fullest advantage. Guitar speakers sound better when pushed, and with a 480w cab you won't be pushing them too much. Regardless, it'll still sound great, and you'll be hearing "TURN THAT DOWN!" a lot more often now! laugh.gif

yeah you are rite! lol. I cant wait to get home from school and crank it up before i go to work. ah...a new amp biggrin.gif

I want to start learning guitar. What's a good, perferably cheap, acoustic for a beginner? Edited by progrush2112

I got a cheap First Act guitar for 80 bucks with a soft case, book, and strap. Had some tuning problems though, and I actually ended up breaking a string already cause I tightened it too tight. eh.gif what are some good strings?

I like Earnie Ball because of their Skinny Top-Heavy Botton guage. GHS are good because they stay brighter a bit longer than others. Dean Markley's on the other hand get dull quickly. Fender and Gibson also make some decent strings.

Some of my stuff

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v310/bates24/DSCF0007.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v310/bates24/DSCF0011.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v310/bates24/image_00073.jpg

^^^^ Cool gear peeps !

My current set-up:

1982 Gibson HR Fusion Tobacco Sunburst (black pickguard)

Ibanez RG with Gibson pick-up in the lead

Marshal AVT150 head and 4x12 half stack

Boss Flanger (the purple box !)

Boss Tuner (the white box !)

Morley Wah/volume

a couple of chords, strings, picks, earplugs, beer, safety glasses and hair net....

2.gif 1022.gif

Edited by Planet X-1