14th anniversary of t4E tour

The Big Money

QUOTE (LeaveMyThingAlone @ Oct 19 2010, 10:19 PM)
QUOTE (ReflectedLight @ Oct 19 2010, 05:55 PM)
hemispheres  cool10.gif

They didn't play Hemispheres on this tour. They played it on the Counterparts tour.

They DID, however, play 2112 in it's entirety. Probably the last time ever...

And I was at that show in San Diego too Shaun. Hospitality pont right?

They played hospitality point in 97, the 96 show was at the sports arena. I was at both shows!

QUOTE (Rush Cocky @ Oct 20 2010, 09:06 AM)
Is there an electronic calendar I can buy that will remind me of significant Rush dates like this? laugh.gif

Seriously, I don't know how you guys remember all of this.

Try the Power Windows website. It has a section that goes "On this day, in Rush history..."

I was at Albany on opening night!! Put together a little gathering of people from The National Midnight Star e-mail list at the Big House Brewery. It was fun (and awkward) to meet some of those "net boys" and "net girls" (heh!)

Great show, great setlist, great tour. I ended up seeing 4 shows on that tour.

QUOTE (cygnify @ Oct 20 2010, 09:53 AM)
I was at Albany on opening night!! Put together a little gathering of people from The National Midnight Star e-mail list at the Big House Brewery. It was fun (and awkward) to meet some of those "net boys" and "net girls" (heh!)

I used to be on The National Midnight Star mailing list as well biggrin.gif

I saw them the second night of the tour here in Buffalo. Besides seeing them in the front row in Syracuse this summer that show is my fondest Rush memory. I also saw them twice more in the summer of 1997 during the second leg. Once up in Toronto, where I witnessed the worst corwd ever for a show. Those lazy bastards sat through the whole damn thing angry.gif Then the next week I saw them play at the Darian Lake amphitheater outside of Buffalo.

All three shows were awesome and this tour had my favorite setlist of all the times i've seen them.

QUOTE (J2112YYZ @ Oct 20 2010, 10:48 AM)
I was at Albany on opening night!!  Put together a little gathering of people from The National Midnight Star e-mail list at the Big House Brewery.  It was fun (and awkward) to meet some of those "net boys" and "net girls" (heh!)

Great show, great setlist, great tour.  I ended up seeing 4 shows on that tour.

I used to be on The National Midnight Star mailing list as well biggrin.gif

I saw them the second night of the tour here in Buffalo. Besides seeing them in the front row in Syracuse this summer that show is my fondest Rush memory. I also saw them twice more in the summer of 1997 during the second leg. Once up in Toronto, where I witnessed the worst corwd ever for a show. Those lazy bastards sat through the whole damn thing angry.gif Then the next week I saw them play at the Darian Lake amphitheater outside of Buffalo.

All three shows were awesome and this tour had my favorite setlist of all the times i've seen them.

I was in Buffalo as well - met Ray Daniels at the show. Unfortunately, I lost my driver's license at the show (buying too many beers) which became a major problem when I had to fly home to Florida the next day.... fists crying.gif

QUOTE (LeaveMyThingAlone @ Oct 19 2010, 10:19 PM)
QUOTE (ReflectedLight @ Oct 19 2010, 05:55 PM)
hemispheres  cool10.gif

They DID, however, play 2112 in it's entirety. Probably the last time ever...

I hope not. Maybe they'll drag it back out of the mothballs if they tour in 2012.

Had tickets to see them in Nashville on this tour and couldn't go at the last minute...to my everlasting regret.

QUOTE (Rush Cocky @ Oct 20 2010, 10:06 AM)
Is there an electronic calendar I can buy that will remind me of significant Rush dates like this? laugh.gif

I only remembered because it was the first and only time my mother went to a rush concert. laugh.gif

QUOTE (jnoble @ Oct 19 2010, 06:36 PM)
I was there in Albany for the first show! It was pouring all the way up the NY Thruway that night.

I remember them messing up a few times and Geddy saying "They're not mistakes, they're NEW parts" biggrin.gif

I saw the opening night Albany show, too. I live in Albany.

I loved seeing "Natural Science" for the first time! "You don't get it," I told my then-girlfriend (now wife), "They NEVER play this, and it's an awesome song!"

Hard to believe it was 14 years ago. I mean, we've only had two more studio albums since then!!

QUOTE (RodrigoAltaf @ Oct 20 2010, 09:31 AM)
QUOTE (Rush Cocky @ Oct 20 2010, 09:06 AM)

Try the Power Windows website. It has a section that goes "On this day, in Rush history..."

yes.gif

It's right on the main page, updated daily...

http://www.2112.net/powerwindows/

I saw this tour in Charlotte, Milwaukee and DC (in that order I believe... indoor, outdoor, outdoor)

A group of TNMSers met up at The Safehouse in Milwaukee before that show. Was pretty cool to meet up with some people.

Archived