...and you thought Ugg's were bad?

ghostworks

QUOTE (ReflectedLight @ Oct 18 2010, 02:39 PM)
i like crocs. they're comfortable and i don't care what anyone else thinks about them. biggrin.gif

You'd wear them to an office job with a suit and no socks, yes?

People will buy anything no matter how ugly there are. I did see a pair yesterday ,didnt know what it was till now. Not on my feet.

QUOTE (ghostworks @ Oct 18 2010, 03:46 PM)
QUOTE (ReflectedLight @ Oct 18 2010, 02:39 PM)
i like crocs.  they're comfortable and i don't care what anyone else thinks about them. biggrin.gif

You'd wear them to an office job with a suit and no socks, yes?

Only wear socks WITH Crocs....

QUOTE (rummut71 @ Oct 18 2010, 03:33 PM)
I would wear them on a boat...

I would wear them with a goat...

QUOTE (the oaks @ Oct 18 2010, 04:44 PM)
QUOTE (Jack Aubrey @ Oct 18 2010, 05:04 PM)
QUOTE (rummut71 @ Oct 18 2010, 03:33 PM)
I would wear them on a boat...

I would wear them with a goat...

You could wear them in a moat.

But no Serb would wear them with a Croat...

They'd look good set on fire. . .

They are very unattractive, for sure, but beyond that...I couldn't stand to have my toes encased like that. When I was a kid someone gave me some of those toe socks for Christmas, and I tried them on. Once.

Yuck.

These aren't meant to be fashion shoes. In fact, they are meant for running and they simulate barefoot running which has become a trend as of late. Since human feet were never really meant to be encased in shoes, some argue shoes cause our foot problems and going barefoot solves this (or returns onself to where their feet should be). Tough to say as we have evolved socially and othewise to wear shoes.

The Five Fingers are like runing barefoot but without the added pain of having stuff from the ground puncture your foot.

QUOTE (iluvgeddy05 @ Oct 19 2010, 11:08 AM)
These aren't meant to be fashion shoes. In fact, they are meant for running and they simulate barefoot running which has become a trend as of late. Since human feet were never really meant to be encased in shoes, some argue shoes cause our foot problems and going barefoot solves this (or returns onself to where their feet should be). Tough to say as we have evolved socially and othewise to wear shoes.

The Five Fingers are like runing barefoot but without the added pain of having stuff from the ground puncture your foot.

Exactly! Thanks for filling the void; I was too scared to say anything when I saw this thread, but my friends who run wear these things and love them.

I like chacos personally and get a lot of guff for wearing granola shoes that are expensive, but hey my knees don't hurt nor do my feet. And I also have stellar tan lines on my feet.

I agree that they are quite ugly, but they look incredible for hiking in streams, which I do quite a lot, especially when photographing waterfalls. I will probably put them on my wish-list, if they come in a HUGE size 15. ohmy.gif

BUT... for someone to wear these to a job or even in any kind of casual, URBAN situation, is just nuts. I'd be embarrassed enough on the trail, nevermind at work. laugh.gif

QUOTE (GhostGirl @ Oct 19 2010, 08:22 AM)
They are very unattractive, for sure, but beyond that...I couldn't stand to have my toes encased like that. When I was a kid someone gave me some of those toe socks for Christmas, and I tried them on. Once.

Yuck.

Toe socks!

I remember those, and yeah, the "shoes" look like toe socks.

They were the most uncomfortable things I ever wore on my feet.

These look uncomfortable too.

Archived