Final Thoughts

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i was looking for tix for the chille show this week (i live in ohio) thought about coughing up the $$ for tix and the trip...that's how much i dug this tour and this show.

rush is the best band ever...saw time machine twice- sarnia and pitts. i've seen rush too many times to count since grace under pressure. say what you want about the songs they played on this tour; but they have never sounded better as a unit.

when does the next tour start?!?!?!?!?!?!? 2.gif

The 3 shows i saw were Great . The only thing i would have done is swap one song from a few albums for a different song from the Same album

Time Stands Still - Lock and Key

Subdivisions - The Weapon

Ya see ?

All in all a great f-n time

1022.gif

I saw them in Tampa and they were in superb form. Jumping around and having alot of fun. Musically, I cannot remember when they have sounded better. Talk about being "on"! Epic is all I can say! It made for an excellent time. It was also fun to have a reunion of sorts with my best friends down in FL and relive our younger times! I just wish I could have seen more than 1 show! Can't wait for the new album!

1022.gif 2.gif 1022.gif

I'd say the Time Machine Tour was a huge success. Personally I loved every second of the show. Also had a great time in Pittsburgh and travelling through Pennsylvania and New York.

Looking forward to the next tour indeed.

I saw them four times this tour (SLC, Auburn, Vegas and Dallas) and each show was better than the last. I loved their energy...they REALLY seemed to be having a great time. That's what counts, to me, because it really comes across in their performance. I loved the songs, I loved the stage show, I loved EVERYTHING about it! I met some fantastic people in my travels and forged friendships that will probably last a lifetime.

Oh, and I met Geddy and Alex, so that was a bonus! 1022.gif 1022.gif

Great tour. It didn't look to me like Rush's ticket sales were hurting at all. Especially in a year that overall concert ticket sales are down up to 40%. Hopefully, we will get a new CD and tour next year.

I saw this show twice and it was awesome both times. I saw the Syracuse show from the front row 1022.gif Because of that this tour will forever have my favorite 2.gif live memories of the eight times i've seen them. They still amaze me that at their age they still play as long and musically perfect as they do. Seeing all of MP played in full will be one of my greatest concert memories of all time. I also loved that I got to hear some of my personal favorites like TSS, Presto, Marathon and TCE for the first time. I'm sure they'll bust out a couple next tour that I haven't heard live in awhile or ever before.

Looking forward to the new album and seeing them at least twice more next year biggrin.gif

Edited by J2112YYZ

It was my first Rush concert EVER. One of the few bands I absolutely want to see in concert again as soon as possible. They had so much energy and charisma with the audience. I cannot wait till the next tour.

Looks like they did an exceptionally good show in Tampa. Hopefully I will get a better seat next time.

Opening night, Vegas, two Red Rocks shows. Got to take my 15 year old to her first Rush show @ Red Rocks. Although I think she liked the GAGA show a bit more, I'm sure she will look back on it as a fond memory with her old man. I'm proud that I have shared so much of the music I love with my wife and daughter. Opening night was on our anniversary and my jersey even has the date on the shoulder, love that! Saw indoors and outdoors and saw the most shows ever on a single tour, overall a fantastic journey it was. I loved finding out I travelled the same route as Neil through Utah/Colorado from Vegas just hours behind him. The show was a great adventure through the soundtrack of my life with the music of the mighty Rush. My favorite record played in its entirety. What more could a fan ask for? All with expectations of more next year. Thanks guys!

Next year I'm doing Houston, Dallas and San Antonio - and maybe New Orleans. Basically, any show within about 5-7 hours of home base (Houston). I'll convince the wife... somehow.

This tour was EPIC. If they do even half as well next time out, it'll be well worth the trip.

QUOTE (ColdFireYYZ @ Oct 17 2010, 02:53 PM)
My least favorite song to hear live was 2112 Overture/Temple. Either play it all or none.

They've been playing it that way on almost every tour since the 70s. The only time they played the whole thing was in 96-97 for the Test for Echo tour.

I went to my first ever Rush show this tour on the first Chicago date and was completely blown away! I certainly hope I'll be able to see them again next tour because it was one of the best concerts I've ever been to. Now I really can't wait for the new album!

I'm also really glad I was able to share the experience with my whole family since we got two tickets last minute for my brother and my dad to go, when it was originally going to be just my mom and me.

This tour was phenomenal. I know at some of the shows Alex was having some technical difficulties, but that doesn't bring down the overall experience. Hearing MP played in its entirety was a real treat, as well as some of the other classics. The boys really seemed to be enjoying themselves, and that's always a major plus... It'd be hard to enjoy it knowing they totally hated it. I know Neil had some up's and down's, but overall, he seemed pretty content!

I experienced some of my best RUSH memories during this tour... On 7/5,

I was up front with my 12-yr-old sister, and we got Neil's sticks, got a shirt thrown to us by Alex...

7/7 before the official canceling of the show,

I got to thank Ged and Alex for everything, and I hugged my heroes.

8/23...

I walked upon the stage, and got to sit on the Throne itself. NOTHING tops this. Thinking about it makes my heart heavy with an overwhelming feeling of joy.

Nothing makes me happier than just being there. first show I went to on this during was the 7/3 show, in Wisconsin. We had seats way, way back. Seat section in front of the lawn... but I still got into it just as much as any other show... still got choked up and teared up because of how these guys make me feel... Still sang, air-drummed/guitar'd/bass'd every song. Jumped around and watched every movement.

There's something magical about a RUSH show... every person in the audience, whether you know them or not, becomes connected for that few hours. Smiles forming at the same time because you know that "one cool thing" so-and-so's about to do... or "oh, oh... listen to him hit this note" ...We're all one in the same for that time being... and every concert this tour (as did the shows last tour) ... put me on cloud 9 for a long, long time.

I have dreams before the show and dreams after the show... and I guess all there is to say is,

"The things that I once dreamed of, have become reality."

This tour confirmed that Rush are still a very long way away from being washed up. They've still got it in spades.

Can't wait for what's next!

I'm so glad I finally got to see these guys; it was like waking up from the dead. I look forward to their being a huge part of my life from here on out, and am going to save my $$$ from now until the next tour so I can be closer than the second to LAST row! I also hope I can meet some of you the next time around. Until then, I look forward to chatting with you all here music.gif

Being more of a Kiss and Van Halen fan,I thought seeing them for the first time in Quebec City last summer would have been good.To my surprise,I found it to be Awesome!Great energy and sometime amusing videos on the screen.I had seen bootlegs of other tours but this one was the best with Moving Pictures played in its entirety.Wished the Time Machine tour would have lasted another year.

I was very pleased to have seen them twice on this tour, the only other two-time tour sightings were for T4E and Presto. They were in fantastic form and I felt that not only did I get my money's worth, I have two fond memories to carry. I saw them at SPAC with my son and at NYS fair in Syracuse with my best friend. I will revisit the shows often as I still do with the other dozen or so that I have seen. Thanks, guys.