Favorite Part from "BTLS"??

vnslykrx

QUOTE (Sir Lerxst @ Sep 26 2010, 01:21 PM)
"Dirk, that thing you ordered came today".

HAHAHAHA That part was hilarious!!! I like the dinner scene in the credits too!!

Geddy's face at the part when he talks about the group hug wretches my heart. He looks so sad.

My favorite part? All of it. laugh.gif

I can't really choose one part -- it's all brilliant. But the dinner at a hunting lodge definitely stands out to me, along with the part with Geddy's gift...whatever it was. When Geddy said, "Will you turn that [the camera] off while I use this?" I was like, "Oh, I dunno, Geddy." tongue.gif

And Geddy describing the group hug wrenches my heart, too. Don't be sad, Geddy. Here, I'll give you a hug. heart.gif hug2.gif

My favorite part is the earliest parts of the tape - how they met, playing clubs in Toronto, getting signed to Mercury, meeting Neil.

I liked it when Geddy admitted that they were pretty high during the recording of Caress Of Steel (like we didn't already figure that out)

Geddy referring to us as one of the most aromatic audiences.

Neil talking about the challenge of getting La Villa Strangiato right in the studio and how they weren't going to do that again (now I understand for years why I thought they got better each album until Hemispheres, peaked, and then went downhill after that).

The whole movie is awesome - so many "favorite parts" - but I particularly like the combination of Billy Corgan's comments followed by Matt Stone's comments, near the end. First Corgan saying they're one of the greatest rock bands ever, even if the critics don't agree, and then Stone saying after all this time that "you gotta give it up for 'em, or else you're just being an old dickhead."

QUOTE (ReRushed @ Feb 19 2011, 02:12 AM)
The John Rutsey footage. It was like discovering the Holy Grail of Rush.

yes, the early footage is my fav, too.