**Spoiler ** Why not Something else!

losingit2k

QUOTE (Rushchick10 @ Sep 9 2010, 04:20 PM)
While I think that WMT is the weakest of their instrumentals, I believe that the way they are playing now, they could really inject life into it! I would be interested to see them play it, just to see how it comes across now. 1022.gif

Did you ever see the song when it was first released? Check out the link on my previous post! The song is amazing live! Specially the intro they added! Listen to the crowd! Everyone is going nuts! Now you also need to take for granted it was the first instrumental released since YYZ.

1022.gif

QUOTE (losingit2k @ Sep 5 2010, 07:17 AM)
I Just heard Leave this thing alone and Main Monkey Business back to back! Why does Rush keep going back to this song on tours? There are much better instrumentals they can play! Mainly Main monkey business! I think I'd rather hear Where's my thing or even Limbo at this point!

Why do they keep going back to this? Are they sending someone a message to " Leave that thing alone!"

confused13.gif

They know people need to pee and they are being considerate.

QUOTE (Between The Beers @ Sep 7 2010, 08:12 PM)
IMO
La Villa<Mal Nar<LTTA<YYZ<TMMB<Main Monkey Business<Limbo<Where's my thing

Are you sure you're not confusing the greater than sign with the less than sign?

Otherwise, you'd be saying that La Villa is the worst instrumental...

QUOTE (laughedatbytime @ Sep 11 2010, 04:47 PM)
QUOTE (Between The Beers @ Sep 7 2010, 08:12 PM)
IMO
La Villa<Mal Nar<LTTA<YYZ<TMMB<Main Monkey Business<Limbo<Where's my thing

Are you sure you're not confusing the greater than sign with the less than sign?

Otherwise, you'd be saying that La Villa is the worst instrumental...

I wondered that as well. While I think that LVS is their best instrumental, the others are excellent as well. It would be great to hear limbo again. I'm going to be honest, WMT? does nothing for me on the studio version but live it was amazing. The intro was cool and Geddy did an extended solo in the middle of it. It would be cool to see what they would do to it these days. LTTA was better than ever cheesy video notwithstanding.

I think they should do a mashup of Where's My Thing and Leave That Thing Alone and play it over 7 or 8 minutes or so. Kinda like when Page mashed up Moby Dick and Bonzo's Montreux on the Zeppelin box set back in 1990. They could call it Where's That Thing You Left Alone? and it would be awesome. biggrin.gif

QUOTE (danielmclark @ Sep 11 2010, 06:44 PM)
I think they should do a mashup of Where's My Thing and Leave That Thing Alone and play it over 7 or 8 minutes or so. Kinda like when Page mashed up Moby Dick and Bonzo's Montreux on the Zeppelin box set back in 1990. They could call it Where's That Thing You Left Alone? and it would be awesome. biggrin.gif

rofl3.gif rofl3.gif rofl3.gif rofl3.gif rofl3.gif

QUOTE (varney2613 @ Sep 11 2010, 07:21 PM)
QUOTE (danielmclark @ Sep 11 2010, 06:44 PM)
I think they should do a mashup of Where's My Thing and Leave That Thing Alone and play it over 7 or 8 minutes or so. Kinda like when Page mashed up Moby Dick and Bonzo's Montreux on the Zeppelin box set back in 1990. They could call it Where's That Thing You Left Alone? and it would be awesome.  biggrin.gif

rofl3.gif rofl3.gif rofl3.gif rofl3.gif rofl3.gif

I second that! An instrumental medley would be amazing and simply Awesome!

1022.gif

QUOTE (losingit2k @ Sep 5 2010, 09:17 PM)
I Just heard Leave this thing alone and Main Monkey Business back to back! Why does Rush keep going back to this song on tours? There are much better instrumentals they can play! Mainly Main monkey business! I think I'd rather hear Where's my thing or even Limbo at this point!

Why do they keep going back to this? Are they sending someone a message to " Leave that thing alone!"

confused13.gif

How could Monkey be "keep coming back to this" if its only just been released on their last album? confused13.gif

If you had said they keep coming back to YYZ someone would've cried "blasphemy" but at least you would've had a valid point

QUOTE (JohnnyBlaze @ Sep 12 2010, 05:28 AM)

confused13.gif

How could Monkey be "keep coming back to this" if its only just been released on their last album? confused13.gif

If you had said they keep coming back to YYZ someone would've cried "blasphemy" but at least you would've had a valid point

Read the entire thread! Its not TMMB they keep going back to. you're correct on that. it's LTTA (Leave that thing alone) They theykeep going back to!

dazed025.gif

Edited by losingit2k

QUOTE (losingit2k @ Sep 13 2010, 02:43 AM)
QUOTE (JohnnyBlaze @ Sep 12 2010, 05:28 AM)

confused13.gif

Read the entire thread! Its not TMMB they keep going back to. you're correct on that. it's LTTA (Leave that thing alone) They theykeep going back to!

dazed025.gif

notworthy.gif yes master yes master notworthy.gif

but do they really keep playing that again and again? every tour since Counterparts? confused13.gif

imho it IS better than Limbo and Where's My Thing anyways. and from what i've read from past magazines, they love playing LTTA

confused13.gif

because it's a great f-ing song broseph!

QUOTE (hughes&kettner @ Sep 13 2010, 10:20 AM)

confused13.gif

because it's a great f-ing song broseph!

Look I'm not saying it's not a great song! Come on it's a Rush Instrumental! They are all good. I'm just saying why have they focused so much on this one song when they have 4 other just as worthy instumentals to choose from? That all!

wtf.gif

QUOTE (snowdog212 @ Sep 5 2010, 03:39 PM)
I never liked TMMB but I do see Malnar coming back it was a perfect song into the drum solo

Bingo!! Mal-Nar is the perfect intro to the drum solo. To me the only thing that works even better is sticking it in the middle of YYZ. It really flows. I doubt they would do it again though.

My thoughts are that they do enjoy playing it, but also the bass jam on the end is just flat out sick. It was cool on DS, but Geddy took it to all new level on Rio. I think they know the fans really dig it.

I would love them to do Limbo and explore that song a little more in some way.

QUOTE (Just an Escape Artist @ Sep 14 2010, 10:47 AM)
QUOTE (snowdog212 @ Sep 5 2010, 03:39 PM)
I never liked TMMB but I do see Malnar coming back it was a perfect song into the drum solo

Bingo!! Mal-Nar is the perfect intro to the drum solo. To me the only thing that works even better is sticking it in the middle of YYZ. It really flows. I doubt they would do it again though.

My thoughts are that they do enjoy playing it, but also the bass jam on the end is just flat out sick. It was cool on DS, but Geddy took it to all new level on Rio. I think they know the fans really dig it.

I would love them to do Limbo and explore that song a little more in some way.

I have a feeling we'll see Malnar next time around! Hopefuly they can add a little part more Alex to lead over!

1022.gif

Didacts and Narpets!

I know it's technically not a instrumental, but imagine if they dropped that bad boy in as an improptu mid set? Me, those who don't have to look it up, and that one dude who only listens to Rush via flashbacks would fall off our seats (if we ever actually sat down during the show, that is... laugh.gif )

LISTEN!!! 1022.gif

QUOTE (Rush! @ Sep 16 2010, 10:29 AM)
I dig LTTA a lot, but I'd really enjoy hearing WMT being brought back.
When was the last time they played it?

The last time they played it was the first time they played it back during the Roll The Bones tour!

eh.gif