**Spoiler ** Why not Something else!

losingit2k

I Just heard Leave this thing alone and Main Monkey Business back to back! Why does Rush keep going back to this song on tours? There are much better instrumentals they can play! Mainly Main monkey business! I think I'd rather hear Where's my thing or even Limbo at this point!

Why do they keep going back to this? Are they sending someone a message to " Leave that thing alone!"

confused13.gif

Edited by losingit2k

Sorry, man... shouldn't put the song title as the thread title like this. Spoiler.

Could you please edit?

Thanks!

and btw - I thought LTTA rocked. I love that song. trink39.gif

I like it a lot better than the others. Don't get me wrong, I would love to hear the others as well. Why do you say "keep coming back to this one"? It doesn't seem like its overplayed to me.

If there's ANY instrumental that's overplayed, it's YYZ. Don't get me wrong...YYZ is classic, but just saying. The last time they played LTTA before this tour was back in '02.

But i do agree that seeing them bring back Where's My Thing would be awesome yes.gif

QUOTE (snowdog212 @ Sep 5 2010, 10:25 AM)
I am stil hoping to hear Limbo one of these tours

That's my point exactly They have so many other instrumentals to choose from! OK maybe they enjoy playing it but why not Where's my Thing, Malnar, Limbo, Main Monkey Business, Hemisphere's (Prelude). At this point any other instrumental would be nice!

As of late. Leave that thing Alone comes in third in times played on tour only behind the classics YYZ and 2112 Overture! They played it during Counterparts, T4E, VT and now on the Time Machine Tour. That's four time in the last 6 tours. Every Other instrumental has only been played once and set aside! Why? Don't tell me that it's because it's their best post YYZ instrumental cause Malnar blows that song away by a mile.

There has to be something else there! I think Geddy likes the opening bass riffs on that song but come on throw us a bone here! Play something else!

I have a fever and the only prescription is something other than Leave that thing alone!

scared.gif

Edited by losingit2k

I think it's obvious that the band likes the song. That's pretty much all there is to it. It really doesn't need much over analysis at all. It's my second favorite instrumental from them behind La Villa.

MalNar and TMMB were played on both legs of S&A so it's not like they've been absent from the set forever or something. Prelude was technically played on the 30 anniversary tour as part of the R30 Overture. Yeah, I know it was only like 40 seconds of it but at least part of it was played laugh.gif

WMT and Limbo were pretty much instrumentals for those particular tours and that's it. I have a feeling TMMB and MalNar are in the same boat, I really don't see those two coming back again.

QUOTE (Pags @ Sep 5 2010, 07:43 AM)
and btw - I thought LTTA rocked. I love that song. trink39.gif

LTTA is actually one of my favorite instrumentals. For one, it was one of the first songs I learned on the bass. Also, it's groovy as hell and a blast to play...even after about 15 years of playing it. cool.gif. When I see them play it live, it really looks like they are enjoying themselves. No, it's not the "most complicated" song, but it's fun!

So, they played TMMB, LTTA, La Villa, and YYZ all in the same show...just missing WMT, Mal Nar and Limbo, by my count. Some people just are never going to be happy... confused13.gif

No complaints here - love LTTA.

But yes, I agree that I would very much like to see them give Where's My Thing a little live attention.

People don't get me wrong I like LTTA as well. I just think the other songs can get a little more love as well! Listen to how good these songs were live. specially Where' my Thing!

Where's my Thing:

Limbo:

Hemisphere's (Prelude)

Main monkey business

Malnar:

QUOTE (ALifeson85 @ Sep 5 2010, 10:21 AM)
If there's ANY instrumental that's overplayed, it's YYZ. Don't get me wrong...YYZ is classic, but just saying. The last time they played LTTA before this tour was back in '02.

But i do agree that seeing them bring back Where's My Thing would be awesome yes.gif

Yea, YYZ is one of the most epic songs but I get a bit tired of hearing it every year. Id take limbo also. Just for one year.

dare i say.....LTTA is a wee bit dated (ok, maybe the concert vid), and i was shocked to see it on the setlist, but since La Villa was played, it more than made up for it!!

as for MalNar ,for the simple fact that Ged used a fretless Jaco bass to think outside the box, i'm forever a fan of it!

and besides, there are NO bad Rush instrumentals! 1022.gif

QUOTE (2112freak @ Sep 7 2010, 08:17 PM)
dare i say.....LTTA is a wee bit dated (ok, maybe the concert vid), and i was shocked to see it on the setlist, but since La Villa was played, it more than made up for it!!

as for MalNar ,for the simple fact that Ged used a fretless Jaco bass to think outside the box, i'm forever a fan of it!

and besides, there are NO bad Rush instrumentals! 1022.gif

they need to bring back mal nar. nice flow and doesn't drag at all imo.

While I think that WMT is the weakest of their instrumentals, I believe that the way they are playing now, they could really inject life into it! I would be interested to see them play it, just to see how it comes across now. 1022.gif