All 156 songs, ranked and reviewed by Deckiller

Deckiller

QUOTE (hughes&kettner @ Jan 19 2011, 11:30 AM)
deckiller is NOT qualified to continue this list.

if you put the camera eye anywhere outside of the top 10, you should have all rush privileges revoked.
too long? that was the #1 song fans wanted to hear before the time machine tour... what about xanadu?  2112?  are they too long?

christ all friday!  wtf.gif

goodpost.gif

With this one and Jacob's Ladder he really blew it...badly.

Out of interest I made a list of my top fifty Rush songs... of which 30 made it to the top 50 of this list.

Could have been worse !

This thread makes for very interesting reading and debate.

Well done

QUOTE (Life is Just the Candle @ Jan 21 2011, 05:33 PM)
Do you guys realize he is actually putting Available Light as better than over 100 other rush songs? I can't even sit through that entire song without being completely bored.

Just shows how subjective this topic can be. What is a stinker to one is a treasure to another.

Ranking songs is striclty personal to the poster's opinion. Agree with or not, it is all a subject to interpretation.

Me, I don't mind Available light.

QUOTE (Life is Just the Candle @ Jan 21 2011, 03:33 PM)
Do you guys realize he is actually putting Available Light as better than over 100 other rush songs? I can't even sit through that entire song without being completely bored.

Finally someone else who doesn't worship this really mediocre Rush song. trink39.gif

I've never seen what the big deal is about this song. no.gif

QUOTE (rushgoober @ Jan 21 2011, 11:20 PM)

Finally someone else who doesn't worship this really mediocre Rush song. trink39.gif

Funny, I think it's an excellent song. One of the very best post-Hold Your Fire songs. It's definitely in my personal Rush top 50 songs.

QUOTE (rushgoober @ Jan 21 2011, 11:20 PM)

the only salvageable song on a very weak presto album.

I think Available Light is a very good song, one of the two or three best on Presto and one of the better songs between '89-'96. I'm not sure about it being top 50, but it certainly belongs in the 50-100 range which isn't bad at all!

Just went through the 22 pages of this thread so far Deci.... not the list I would have made, but everyone has their own opinions... ... enjoying reading the writeups though..

I will comment however, maybe it's because you say you play keyboards, but I am seeing a bias towards the synth era.... nothing wrong with that if it's what you enjoy the most, but I looked at a post where how many songs are left from each album and statistically most of the synth era is going to wind up in your top 50.....

I much prefer the prog era, and the modern era to the synth era, and I'd imagine my list would reflect that, If I ever made one.