All 156 songs, ranked and reviewed by Deckiller

Deckiller

QUOTE (The Owl @ Jan 22 2011, 03:10 PM)

I will comment however, maybe it's because you say you play keyboards, but I am seeing a bias towards the synth era.... nothing wrong with that if it's what you enjoy the most, but I looked at a post where how many songs are left from each album and statistically most of the synth era is going to wind up in your top 50.....

He's not supposed to be a neutral third-party reviewer, what are you getting at exactly? How on Earth can you avoid being biased in a list of your own favorite songs? It's not as if he went "I've only listened to 30 seconds of this song and I don't hear any synths, so it's going last!"

QUOTE (Scars @ Jan 22 2011, 05:02 PM)
QUOTE (The Owl @ Jan 22 2011, 03:10 PM)

I will comment however, maybe it's because you say you play keyboards, but I am seeing a bias towards the synth era.... nothing wrong with that if it's what you enjoy the most, but I looked at a post where how many songs are left from each album and statistically most of the synth era is going to wind up in your top 50.....

He's not supposed to be a neutral third-party reviewer, what are you getting at exactly? How on Earth can you avoid being biased in a list of your own favorite songs? It's not as if he went "I've only listened to 30 seconds of this song and I don't hear any synths, so it's going last!"

I didn't imply that at all, I just noticed that he had alot of songs from the synth era that have not been on his list thus far, and therefore the synth era is going to be very represented in the top 50...... The only comment is that I assume he favors the synth era more than others, and I guessed (incorrectly) that it might have to do that he has played some keyboards. "Bias" might have been a strong word, but he is certaintly favoring that era most in the top 50...

Nothing wrong with that at all. He has never stated that this is supposed to be some great objective countdown... nor did any of us expect it to be..... I already said that most of the synth era would be at the bottom of my list, but those are my opinions.

QUOTE (Deckiller @ Jan 24 2011, 11:59 PM)
Hey folks. Should I be happy or sad that not many are commenting on the recent 10 or so? smile.gif I'll have more soon.

Certainly not sad, I enjoy every single post of yours, I'm just happy reading it rather than engaging in it smile.gif

Edited by Scars

I am enjoying this thread very much.

My changes:

- I would have ranked Dog Years much higher. That song is hilarious.

- I would have ranked Driven higher. I listen to it often.

- Again, rank Presto higher as well. My fave new one from the concert.

- And I would have put Red Sector A higher as well. Fave from GuP

- And Between Sun and Moon higher, but I know country music is not for everyone.

Putting "The Larger Bowl" and "Workin' Them Angels" so high are the only 2 really head-scratching moments for me so far. Angels is decent but I'd probably put The Larger Bowl in like... my bottom 10. But great list and I'm looking forward to the rest of it, especially because you're going into such detail. I would never have the time or patience to do this!

QUESTION:

My CD version of 'Distant Early Warning' crackles in the right speaker around the 14 second mark....doesn't last long but very noticeable. I thought there was something wrong with my disc so I downloaded the song and sure enough it contained the exact same crackle.....anyone else notice this? Is it part of the song?!?

BTW great list, keep'em coming!

Edited by Ninja15

QUOTE (Ninja15 @ Jan 28 2011, 08:30 AM)
QUESTION:
My CD version of 'Distant Early Warning' crackles in the right speaker around the 14 second mark....doesn't last long but very noticeable. I thought there was something wrong with my disc so I downloaded the song and sure enough it contained the exact same crackle.....anyone else notice this? Is it part of the song?!?

BTW great list, keep'em coming!

yes.gif

It's kinda annoying!