Vote for Countdown to wake up the astronauts!

spacegator

Kenneth, please tell me you don't truly think the Trekkies aren't voting multiple times or trying develop some sort of program to auto-vote over and over.

If you do, I have some lovely beachfront property in Wyoming you might be interested in.

• Replies 432
  • Created
  • Last Reply

QUOTE (Mara @ Aug 25 2010, 08:12 PM)
Kenneth, please tell me you don't truly think the Trekkies aren't voting multiple times or trying develop some sort of program to auto-vote over and over.

If you do, I have some lovely beachfront property in Wyoming you might be interested in.

Sounds like a nice place, but I prefer the cold laugh.gif

Sitting at the computer and attentively voting over and over is fine, no problem with that... But if there's some sort of bypass then I don't think it'd be such a good idea to use it.

Come on, folks. The Trekkies have made up a 4K vote deficit since last night and are now 9K votes ahead.

We need to watch Magic Carpet. (IMO, it's a weak reach for them to call this a "Star Trek" song because it was in a movie. No one makes that association - "OMG, it's that song that was in that nerd movie! Cool!" No, it's a classic Steppenwolf song).

Just so long as nobody tells the Star Wars people, we should be fine.

And really, so what if Magic Carpet Ride was in a Star Trek movie? It's a good song, but kind of ridiculous they've voting for it because of that.

QUOTE (Steve_888 @ Aug 26 2010, 05:45 PM)
Rush is currently ahead by over 14K!
Hell, Magic Carpet Ride has almost caught Star Trek

Countdown - 118,668
Star Trek - 104,475
Magic Carpet Ride - 96,233

This is far from over though.

QUOTE (Gompers @ Aug 26 2010, 02:52 PM)
QUOTE (Steve_888 @ Aug 26 2010, 05:45 PM)
Rush is currently ahead by over 14K!
Hell, Magic Carpet Ride has almost caught Star Trek

Countdown - 118,668
Star Trek - 104,475
Magic Carpet Ride - 96,233

This is far from over though.

We have an even bigger lead now, BUT the steppenwolf song is going like crazy - it's going to be #2 soon and it's rate of increase is FASTER than rush right now, so we can't let up!

QUOTE (EmotionDetector @ Aug 26 2010, 06:15 PM)
Dunno if this has been posted yet...but I just happened to look at their history page, and it looks like Countdown was in fact played once before!

Yep, all the songs on the list have been played before, afaik.

This poll has gone crazy. Rush are well ahead now but Steppenwolf has nearly tripled it's votes since this time last night.

Kerrang or Kerrap as I like to call it have posted a link top the poll on their site telling people to vote for Metallica. Prepare for an influx of Metallica fans voting.

QUOTE (JSNFRMN @ Aug 26 2010, 06:43 PM)
This poll has gone crazy. Rush are well ahead now but Steppenwolf has nearly tripled it's votes since this time last night.

Kerrang or Kerrap as I like to call it have posted a link top the poll on their site telling people to vote for Metallica. Prepare for an influx of Metallica fans voting.

Do you know how many Metallica fans there are?

scared.gif

QUOTE (thing2jordan @ Aug 26 2010, 03:47 PM)
QUOTE (JSNFRMN @ Aug 26 2010, 06:43 PM)

Do you know how many Metallica fans there are?

scared.gif

i bet they'll be scared away by how behind they are - i doubt it will make an impact...

QUOTE (Zanadoo @ Aug 26 2010, 07:07 PM)
2.gif

keep voting.

i don't trust metallica fans

http://i.ytimg.com/vi/9c4qbwEOU7c/0.jpg

My fav band's lead singer wearing the t-shirt of my second favourite band, epic 1022.gif

I love Enter Sandman but it has no place in this contest

QUOTE (Blenderhead @ Aug 26 2010, 06:59 PM)
QUOTE (g under p @ Aug 26 2010, 07:51 PM)
I voted a couple times but how come Space Oddity by David Bowie isn't on the list?

It is

EDIT: Never mind, it's not. I swear I saw it on there earlier, though. confused13.gif

Haha you fool! jk Blendy smile.gif

I also wondered why that wasn't on the list. Maybe because it's about Major Tom getting lost in space. wink.gif

QUOTE (losingit2k @ Aug 26 2010, 07:28 PM)
With our Extended voting! Rush has this in the bag but keep voting! We want to Win Big! By at Least 300,000 votes!

2.gif

There is over two months left to go so it is not "in the bag" by any means. At the current rates the votes will be in the millions. And remember, these are Trekkies we're dealing with...they have NOTHING BETTER TO DO!

Archived