Vote for Countdown to wake up the astronauts!

spacegator

• Replies 432
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Most trekkies are permavirgins who live in their parents' basements. They think everything revolves around their science fiction world. Rush is by far the most relevant choice; Star Trek already got a damn space shuttle named after them, so why not actually have a legitimate tribute song up there?

so unless we hear anything from spacegator and his nasa condition, i'm assuming this one is a done deal. there's just no way we can make up this difference or catch up at one vote at a time. with their numbers, they still must be getting around the system somehow.

f*cking shame... sad.gif

QUOTE (rushgoober @ Aug 27 2010, 09:52 PM)
so unless we hear anything from spacegator and his nasa condition, i'm assuming this one is a done deal. there's just no way we can make up this difference or catch up at one vote at a time. with their numbers, they still must be getting around the system somehow.

f*cking shame... sad.gif

well it was all various forms of cheating. but since the steppenwolf was only the sniveling little trekkies prick way of shutting us out and not getting their song in, maybe nasa will let the rush song go smile.gif

At least we're higher up the evolutionary chain. We can actually spread our genes biggrin.gif

Edit: My problem with die-hard trekkies is that they are self-centered. In this case, it's not just a matter of blind voting for a Rush song; it's actually a legitimate pick.

QUOTE (Deckiller @ Aug 27 2010, 09:58 PM)

Edit: My problem with die-hard trekkies is that they are self-centered. In this case, it's not just a matter of blind voting for a Rush song; it's actually a legitimate pick.

agreed. so take the st theme, fine, but the steppenwolf thing was simply spiteful to keep rush out.

QUOTE (lerxt1990 @ Aug 27 2010, 06:57 PM)
QUOTE (rushgoober @ Aug 27 2010, 09:52 PM)
so unless we hear anything from spacegator and his nasa condition, i'm assuming this one is a done deal.  there's just no way we can make up this difference or catch up at one vote at a time.  with their numbers, they still must be getting around the system somehow.

f*cking shame...  sad.gif

well it was all various forms of cheating. but since the steppenwolf was only the sniveling little trekkies prick way of shutting us out and not getting their song in, maybe nasa will let the rush song go smile.gif

meh, we'll see.

QUOTE (lerxt1990 @ Aug 27 2010, 10:04 PM)
At least we're higher up the evolutionary chain. We can actually spread our genes biggrin.gif

z7shysterical.gif

z7shysterical.gif

That lyeman prick referred to us as "pussies". Heh, bet he's never seen one other than the centerfolds in his dad's copy of Penthouse.

Or he's so far out of touch with the real world that he really did mean "cat". cat.gif

QUOTE (Mara @ Aug 27 2010, 08:19 PM)
QUOTE (lerxt1990 @ Aug 27 2010, 10:04 PM)

z7shysterical.gif

z7shysterical.gif

That lyeman prick referred to us as "pussies". Heh, bet he's never seen one other than the centerfolds in his dad's copy of Penthouse.

Or he's so far out of touch with the real world that he really did mean "cat". cat.gif

spit6ph.gif 2funny.gif icon_really_happy_guy.gif

That's friggin hilarious Mara! and True !!

QUOTE (karkarius @ Aug 28 2010, 01:10 AM)
I don't think we're going to be able to beat the Star Trek voters. But at least we proved that there are a lot of Rush fans who care.

2.gif

yes.gif 653.gif new_thumbsupsmileyanim.gif

But are we giving up? Should we? The end date is November 1, right? The only ones who lose are those who don't try to succeed.

QUOTE (Gompers @ Aug 28 2010, 05:09 AM)
I don't think we're going to be able to beat the Star Trek voters. But at least we proved that there are a lot of Rush fans who care.

2.gif

But are we giving up? Should we? The end date is November 1, right? The only ones who lose are those who don't try to succeed.

I admire your point of view, but sometimes you have to pick your battles.

I think our best chance is to see if Nasa does something about the skewed voting and gives everyone somewhat of a fresh start. Otherwise, it would take a massive coordinated effort at this point to rally a lot of troops to vote incessantly to try and make up the difference in a widening gap against an adversary that is still forging ahead, and will do so even more if they see us start to try again.

There's giving up without trying, and there's giving in when you know you've lost and living to fight another day on a battle that can be won.

Then again, feel free to keep at it, and if you or someone else wants to motivate everyone to get massive action to take place, and I see that there's any hope, I'll join in. I'm definitely not the person to start that, however, at least not at this point...

QUOTE (rushgoober @ Aug 28 2010, 08:27 AM)

2.gif

I think our best chance is to see if Nasa does something about the skewed voting and gives everyone somewhat of a fresh start. Otherwise, it would take a massive coordinated effort at this point to rally a lot of troops to vote incessantly to try and make up the difference in a widening gap against an adversary that is still forging ahead, and will do so even more if they see us start to try again.

There's giving up without trying, and there's giving in when you know you've lost and living to fight another day on a battle that can be won.

Then again, feel free to keep at it, and if you or someone else wants to motivate everyone to get massive action to take place, and I see that there's any hope, I'll join in. I'm definitely not the person to start that, however, at least not at this point...

I hate to say this, but if I worked there, Id throw out the top three-four vote getters that were obviously tainted, and choose the fifth and sixth ones down.

Or.. more likely, Id choose Rush, and then pick a Star Wars song to piss off the Trekkies. rofl3.gif z7shysterical.gif icon_really_happy_guy.gif

2.gif

So we need to evaluate if a concerted effort is needed to mass email the admin and voice our displeasure. Would the purpose be well served? Do we want this one little victory. Or is it a larger victory that would bring us great pride?

QUOTE (Gompers @ Aug 28 2010, 08:33 AM)

2.gif

So we need to evaluate if a concerted effort is needed to mass email the admin and voice our displeasure. Would the purpose be well served? Do we want this one little victory. Or is it a larger victory that would bring us great pride?

The point to be made is that we dont need to win, but that the Steppenwolf song is voted in simply to keep us out. I think the "The Trekkies are cheating better than us" may be a gamble, but.. yknow.. both camps really care about being included, so why not have the ST theme AND Rush.

Lets have Rush call NASA! smile.gif

QUOTE (Gompers @ Aug 28 2010, 05:33 AM)

2.gif

Well, I'd be more inclined to see what Spacegator comes up with from his Nasa connection as he's already in contact. Perhaps a coordinated effort to have a lot of people contact Nasa isn't a bad idea, however.

Then again, it's not like we were playing fair from the beginning. One could argue that voting more than once isn't fair, and then once we started employing "the trick," it was definitely not playing fair, even though it evened out the playing field since obviously the other side was doing the same thing.

Really the point of contention was when the other side developed an even better trick and created a seemingly insurmountable gap.

If this was all "on the level" from the start and we were playing completely fairly from the start, it would be a different scenario.

At this point the only truly fair thing to do would be to have the voting wiped clean and start from scratch with a system that guaranteed everyone could only vote once. I don't see that as likely to happen. Add to that the person from that Star Trek forum has already stated he has access to a virtually endless supply of IP addresses from being an IT person where he works, and you now it's not going to be fair regardless.

I guess I would care more if the song being played on the shuttle got like international exposure or something, but apparently it's been played on the space shuttle previously, and that's not exactly common knowledge.

All that said, if people still want to try and do something to make this happen somehow, I'm certainly in support of it.

Comic book guy with a hairy palm.....

"Merle, you're dinner's ready."

"Put it in the oven mom, I'm busy in my lair!!!"

"I've told you before son, put it away, you're going to go BLIIIIND!"

"No mom, I'm not doing that, it's way more important than that. I'm pissing off those Rush following nerds!"

"People in glass houses Merle, people in glass houses".

Rushgoober,

I agree with you about the "voting once" policy. That would be great.

On the flip side, I think the reality is that there are way more Star Trek fans numerically than RUSH fans. I'm thinking there are probably some who are fans of both ST and R. But Star Trek has roughly ten years (+ or -) on the world scene when compared to RUSH's emergence in the early 70's (w/their debut album). Yes, I know that the guys were doing music before that. But how well known were they? Along with the preceding, there are probably a lot of older sci-fi fans who don't enjoy RUSH.

I would love to hear that Countdown becomes the "wake up song". It only makes sense since it's all about the shuttle! If the song had been performed by another band with the same lyrics (regardless of arrangement), I'd probably vote for Countdown.

Archived