Rediscovered Rush songs

losingit2k

I was listending to older stuff and came across Chemistry. I used to hate this song when it came out! Now after listening to it about 30 years later. The songs kicks some serious @ss! Alex's little pattern on the intro is awesome not to mention the bass line!

Do you have songs which you might have rediscovered in similar fashion?

trink39.gif

red lenses

This resembled disco too closely for my ears in 1984. Later on, I admitted to myself that I really enjoyed the song. Very freeing! smile.gif

I'm not a big fan pf post-Moving Pictures Rush...but this is a gem.

The Body Electric

I *liked* it back in the day, but now it just hits me in that good spot.

and... surprisingly enough, 2112.

Always liked the overture and the grand finale, but the rest of it? mmm...

Now I'm really digging the whole thing, and I am wishing we'd been able to see Rush on the T4E tour.

Edited by Mystic Slipperman

QUOTE (Queen of Megadon @ Aug 6 2010, 09:03 AM)
ANAGRAM FOR MONGO

I have always put PRESTO up in my top 2. But truly, haven't listened to it much lately. I have it practically on a loop over the past week, and, shame on me...I really HEARD the anagrams this time around.

doh.gif

Sorry to disappoint, dude, but there's hardly ANY anagram in the whole song...

Chemistry is one of the best songs in Signals for me, Alex's solo kicks serious a$$. And a song I absolutely hated when I started getting into Rush was Between the Wheels. I love it now!!!

QUOTE (RodrigoAltaf @ Aug 6 2010, 11:19 AM)
QUOTE (Queen of Megadon @ Aug 6 2010, 09:03 AM)
ANAGRAM FOR MONGO

I have always put PRESTO up in my top 2.  But truly, haven't listened to it much lately.  I have it practically on a loop over the past week, and, shame on me...I really HEARD the anagrams this time around. 

doh.gif

Sorry to disappoint, dude, but there's hardly ANY anagram in the whole song...

Chemistry is one of the best songs in Signals for me, Alex's solo kicks serious a$$. And a song I absolutely hated when I started getting into Rush was Between the Wheels. I love it now!!!

Maybe not in the srtictest of definitions, but the wordplay in that song is incredible!

I hate to admit it, but tonight I listened to HYF all the way through and listened to Tai Shan and Heavy Water. I enjoyed them, especially the bubbling bass line in the latter. There is some great sonic stuff going on in both songs. Definitely not as strong as the rest of the lp, but still good. I rarely ever listened to them when the album came out.

QUOTE (micgtr71 @ Aug 6 2010, 11:09 PM)
I hate to admit it, but tonight I listened to HYF all the way through and listened to Tai Shan and Heavy Water. I enjoyed them, especially the bubbling bass line in the latter. There is some great sonic stuff going on in both songs. Definitely not as strong as the rest of the lp, but still good. I rarely ever listened to them when the album came out.

goodpost.gif I love Tai Shan, I discovered HYF this week

Funny, I was just discussing this exact thing to the Mrs yesterday. I talked about how I basically gave Vapour Trails and Test for Echo not much more than a cursory listen to when they came out. The last few days I have had them playing on my ipod almost continuously. They are almost new albums for me.

My early hatred of Red Lenses is pretty well documented here - hated it from the word "go" and skipped it every time I played GUP. (Wore out a few cassettes that way).

25 years later, I decided to give it another listen and INSTANTLY fell in love.

Right now I'm warming up to a lot of what's on T4E.

QUOTE (Mara @ Aug 7 2010, 04:06 PM)
My early hatred of Red Lenses is pretty well documented here - hated it from the word "go" and skipped it every time I played GUP. (Wore out a few cassettes that way).

I felt exactly the same about Red Lenses for a long time. But over the last couple of years i've learned to like it more. I just seems like they're just having fun on that song and that's what made me start to appreciate it.

Well, I could get my buddy who works at a mental asylum to take a look at you...

Seriously, how can you like Red Lenses? The song is horrible!

QUOTE (cygnus_thegodofbalance @ Aug 7 2010, 11:01 PM)
My early hatred of Red Lenses is pretty well documented here - hated it from the word "go" and skipped it every time I played GUP.  (Wore out a few cassettes that way). 

Well, I could get my buddy who works at a mental asylum to take a look at you...

Seriously, how can you like Red Lenses? The song is horrible!

The drumming is killer on it, as is the bassline. (Of course, if you hate the e-drums, then it's probably not for you).

Earthshine from retro 3

It really kicks. I have stayed away from VT because of all of the negative press

This song kicks

I did it with Power Windows . I never liked it until 2008. Now i do

Beneath, Between And Behind.

Watched The Movie, Remembered, Listened to ESL,

Hard Core short song 1022.gif