Lifelong Fan Sues RUSH and Promoter over rained ou

BIAS2112

QUOTE (hazlnut @ Jul 11 2010, 08:53 AM)
QUOTE (BIAS2112 @ Jul 10 2010, 09:58 PM)
Article

Litigious idiot.

Let's make the courts solve all our personal problems and disappointments... angry.gif

I am sure that you were in his shoes, you wouldn't have any problem at all being out several hundred dollars? You'd smile and laugh it off, I bet?

Ticket refunds for non-shows without a reschedule = common sense.

QUOTE (DetachedandSubdivided @ Jul 11 2010, 12:38 PM)
QUOTE (hazlnut @ Jul 11 2010, 08:53 AM)
QUOTE (BIAS2112 @ Jul 10 2010, 09:58 PM)
Article

Litigious idiot.

Let's make the courts solve all our personal problems and disappointments... angry.gif

I am sure that you were in his shoes, you wouldn't have any problem at all being out several hundred dollars? You'd smile and laugh it off, I bet?

Ticket refunds for non-shows without a reschedule = common sense.

not sure i would "smile and laugh it off" but to sue? come on..heres to his 15 minutes of fame.. eh.gif

i have gone to several concerts, baseball games that were cancelled..comes with the territory. i had to dish out $$$ for extra nights hotel, loss of work, ect..i didnt sue anyone.

Even though they cancelled the show, the feeling was that they were still going to do a 2nd Chicago show in the future and honor the tickets. As for this fool's idea of suing them, maybe the guys can make it up, bring him up on stage during a show and introduce him (and post his cell phone number on the screen).

As far as this dude's logic...lessee he and his buds flew from New York to Chicago. Ummm, Rush was going to play shows alot closer to New York. If you could only do the Chicago show, then pile in a Minivan and $70-80 of gas money will get you to Chicago and back. 42 year old still working on his PhD...*cough* professional student *cough* wink.gif

People with advanced degrees can be the dumbest f**kers around.

I was in a very similar situation last tour! I flew solo to Colorado (never been there) to see Rush at the Red Rocks! There were severe weather warnings 100 miles to the East, but despite a little morning drizzle, the day cleared up, and the show could have DEFINATELY gone on! I think in my case, the call was probably made by someone who was in Brazil, and had all of those rain issues!

I pulled up to the mini mart in front of the red rocks at about 3:00PM. Right as I was pulling in, the radio announced the canncellation! I was very upset. I wrote a letter to Ray Daniels and SRO! I also wrote Live Nation!

One thing I would not do, is sue!!! That is idiotic in the extreme! Espicially for hundreds of dollars! If the guy played his cards right, he might have got a meet and greet for the reschedule... (?)

My 5 Cents! smile.gif

QUOTE (growingbald @ Jul 11 2010, 01:39 PM)
Even though they cancelled the show, the feeling was that they were still going to do a 2nd Chicago show in the future and honor the tickets. As for this fool's idea of suing them, maybe the guys can make it up, bring him up on stage during a show and introduce him (and post his cell phone number on the screen).

As far as this dude's logic...lessee he and his buds flew from New York to Chicago. Ummm, Rush was going to play shows alot closer to New York. If you could only do the Chicago show, then pile in a Minivan and $70-80 of gas money will get you to Chicago and back. 42 year old still working on his PhD...*cough* professional student *cough* wink.gif

So can the uneducated. Common sense has nothing to do with education, pro or con.

QUOTE (shaun3701 @ Jul 10 2010, 10:04 PM)
what an idiot... I guess he would have preferred the band to go on stage and get electrocuted.

That would have been a great ending to their career...

QUOTE (Rush Cocky @ Jul 11 2010, 09:32 PM)
I think since the fan in question has now come on this board and clearly explained the reasons behind his actions, some of the posts in this thread now look extremely stupid.

which thread?

edit: found it, nevermind smile.gif

Edited by lerxt1990

QUOTE (growingbald @ Jul 11 2010, 01:39 PM)

rofl3.gif

From Stub Hub

We guarantee for all orders confirmed by the seller and all instant eDelivery orders:

You'll get your tickets in time for the event

They'll be authentic and valid for entry

They'll be as good as or better than the ones you ordered - or your money back

You'll be refunded if the event is cancelled and not rescheduled

Next...

2.gif

Edited by drgrendel

QUOTE (drgrendel @ Jul 12 2010, 11:06 AM)
From Stub Hub

We guarantee for all orders confirmed by the seller and all instant eDelivery orders:

I have had experience with grad students in court before (they as defense and me as pros). In most cases they make a lot of noise trying to impress everyone with their "intelligence." However, in the end, they ultimately show they need more education.

Next...

2.gif

Stub Hub a secondary market ticket broker and is not the official ticket agent for Rush, therefore Rush is not subject to any guarantees made by StubHub.

QUOTE (FootballYouBet @ Jul 12 2010, 12:30 PM)
QUOTE (drgrendel @ Jul 12 2010, 11:06 AM)
From Stub Hub

Next...

2.gif

Stub Hub a secondary market ticket broker and is not the official ticket agent for Rush, therefore Rush is not subject to any guarantees made by StubHub.

Exactly!

What funds one spends on getting to the event and what funds are spent at the event itself should not be the responsibility of the band nor the promoter of the event.

"Roll the Bones" fades in...

2.gif

Edited by drgrendel