Lifelong Rush Fan Sues Over Cancelled Chicago Show

Kozmo4Rush

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply
It's just someone trying to make a quick buck. From what I read, the rain actually caused their equipment to short out, which prevented them from doing the show and caused the cancellation. To sue because of that is completely idiotic.

Crappy! this guy is a dick, why would you sue RUSH, i don't care that it rained, they canceled, not just because it Rained they canceled because of Saftey. Even Geddy Lee said on the radio, he is sorry he was really "bumbed" out but he had no choice, the rain was fuseing lights, the stage was all wet, someone would of gotten hurt. yeah it sucks, but shit happens. its not like the tickets are voided, you can come back, but you just lost out on your flight, oh well man.

Yea. Just read the disclaimer on the back of the ticket (that small print stuff we never really read until circumstances like this...)

It says "null and void when shit happens" and "thanks for your hard earned money", "not our problem", etc. etc.

Here are a few highlights of the terms of the ticket (as found on the back of my stubb):

"The following terms apply. If event is cancelled or rescheduled , no refund required if you are given the right, within 12 months of date of event, to attend a rescheduled performance of same event or to exchange ticket for a ticket comparable in price and location. You release management, facility, leauge, participants, clubs, Ticketmaster, and their respective affiliates ad representatives from any related claims."

In otherwords, you're probably f*cked.

Here's how it'll work out -

Lawyer -> fists crying.gif

Jury -> fing.gif

Judge -> rage.gif

Rush, et. al. -> common001.gif

Sorry, but the guy is wasting his time and money on this. Still, it's his to waste.

What a heal.

QUOTE (presto123 @ Jul 9 2010, 11:17 PM)
WOW....I was majorly disappointed but..........on another note why hasn't ticketmaster contacted me yet about a refund? I have a feeling it's not going to be easy and painless.

Just keep an eye on your credit card statements. I've had two shows cancel in the past and ticketbastard was actually very good about the refunds. Very quick to. Aerosmith cancelled on me twice now. I've given up on them. Falling off a stage - what a jack ass! I digress..

I'm seeing Rush in three different cities starting next week in Toronto. All shows require travel, hotel, and probably more than one round of beer to be purchased. I'm gambling as we all do when we buy a concert ticket. If a show gets cancelled it's oh well. This dumb ass needs to suck it up and stop showing the world that all we can do is sue each other!

2.gif

QUOTE (circumstantial tree @ Jul 10 2010, 08:12 AM)
I think it's a waste of time too, but why does the ticket say "rain or shine"?

Because it can be raining and the show may be still safe to go on.

QUOTE (Your_Lion @ Jul 10 2010, 07:37 AM)
Being disappointed is one thing...but Suing?!...that's just stupid fing.gif

Not uncommon in America, you can sue your neighbor if his dog pisses on your grass.

QUOTE (tripdad @ Jul 10 2010, 09:42 AM)
QUOTE (circumstantial tree @ Jul 10 2010, 08:12 AM)
I think it's a waste of time too, but why does the ticket say "rain or shine"?

Because it can be raining and the show may be still safe to go on.

Clearly this one was not, what with all the reports on shorted-out, fried lighting, etc.

It's sort of akin to taking a vacation to, say, the Bahamas and having it ruined by a tropical storm - travel companies are not refunding your money. Shit happens.

QUOTE (Funky Chicken @ Jul 10 2010, 09:06 AM)
Well, he IS a Ph D. student at Cornell, after all-
Why was that bit of information included? Does that make him MORE entitled to a refund than the guy who paints houses for a living and is a big Rush fan too???

Probably to explain why he can't attend a September re-schedule.

You gotta admit - the Pavillion (and the band to a degree) made out pretty good. People still showed up. Refreshments of all kinds were still sold like crazy. I still had to wait in a decent line just to buy my band merch.

And not everyone will get a refund, guaranteed.

The band and the venue still made money, and a show did not take place.

IF there was actually electrical dangers on the stage with equipment damaged, etc, then I would definitely find it hard for this guy to win any lawsuit. But in the past at other shows, I've not heard of anyone winning any suit if the performer(s) had legitimate reasons not to perform. I mean, how many times has Ozzy bailed from Ozzfest because he just wasn't up to performing, and not been sued?

Will be interesting to see if this case even goes to trial, and if so, what the outcome is.

I believe those are called "acts of God" ...and no one's ever responsible for those no.gif

*calls insurance company* "Uh hello yes, I just had a blow-out on the highway and I smashed into several guard rails then hit an SUV, how is my coverage on that?"

"oooo sorry sir that's classified as an act of God, we're not liable. Good luck!" *click*

I went to college near Cornell and let me tell ya - most of them are the dumbest "smart" people you will ever meet (not all, most..)

In any event, should the band be sued? Or the venue, ticketmaster, etc?

Archived