Chris Langone's Explanation

chrislangone

• Replies 427
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

"This is a case of making sure you read the terms of purchase before you decide to click the "BUY NOW" button. "

Ummm....NO. He has in his hands a CONTRACT stating rain or shine. The reason they cancelled the show (stated by company) is RAIN. If they said "cancelled due to technical difficulties" well, maybe he'd be up the creek without a boat.

Due to the nature of the unregulated aftermarket ticket brokers, it has no bearing whatsoever where he bought it, he has a contract in his hand, period.

Also, Stubhub is a ticketmaster affiliate. They are ultimately responsible. The bottom line is, in order for livenation to actually WIN, they have to prove Mr. Langone did something wrong to cause the concert to cancel. In other words, it was HIS FAULT. That isn't going to happen. CAse closed. He will have a refund by next week, and if they are remotley decent....some kind of gift for compensation for the hassle.

When Ticketmaster prints tickets up and they include 'Rain or shine' on it....then cancel due to rain, there is no defending that. Doesn't matter if you bought your ticket from a legless transient in Seatle for a concert in Miami. The 'END USER' still hold all rights as a consumer. Give it up already

QUOTE (yyz98 @ Jul 11 2010, 05:18 PM)
QUOTE (Xanadoood @ Jul 10 2010, 06:18 PM)
The issue i have is  2.gif being involved in the lawsuit. If it was just LiveNation, sure, do whatever the hell you want. Waste of money and time, but you have that right. But NO WAY i would ever sue a band that i love over something they could not control.

It has already been explained why Rush was named. It isn't a slam against Rush. By legal process, they have to be named. He didn't have to come on here and explain ANYTHING to any of you. The fact that he did (and did so eloquently and without anomisity) speaks volumes about his intentions and alas, his LOVE for the band.

It wasn't like some of the crass type on here that come swinging at the fence like a teenager at a kegger....to be honest, he is handling it way better than I would. By design, he should be able to get ALL expenses incurred since the trip was exclusively for the concert.

The remark about how big the corporation is and the deep lawyer pool is silly. Just because a company is big doesn't mean SQUAT against a consumer that was done wrong. Nada, nothing. It is so clear cut who is responsible here, I'd eat my own ass if they prevail against Mr. Langone. If I was Chris, I'd ask for more. It is clear that the promoter knew EXACTLY what they were doing in letting people into the venue. Their concession sales to clear any payroll to the workers already in place, the venue fee, etc was probably met easily. I'd be suprised if more suits aren't filed as many fans of this band go to great lengths and distances to see their favorite band.

I think todays society is way too litigious for its own good. Lots of frivolous suits tying up the courts. However, this is not one of them. He has gone to great lengths to satisfy his interests and when he is met with a brick wall, the suit is necessary.

Sorry to go so long, but getting offended by RUSH being named in the suit is, well, retarded. I'd be surpised if they even catch wind of being sued at all.....

It's the principle of it all. I would never think of having my favorite band in a lawsuit. It goes against everything that involves being a fan.

"It's the principle of it all. I would never think of having my favorite band in a lawsuit. It goes against everything that involves being a fan."

MY GOD. Please go read the OP.

I would agree that he is fair game with a target on his back IF: He filed the suit and wanted $50,000 for pain, suffering and anguish. He just wants his f***ing MONEY back!!! How hard is it? Like I said, Ged and the boys won't even hear about it, nor the countless other times they were sued by advantage taking scumbags.....

This whole chest thumping by the fans is rediculous....If he wanted to give LN and Rush $500 and get nothing out of it, he would do that I assume. But he didn't. He bought a ticket for a specific time and place and planned accordingly for it (holding up his end of the transaction) yet, LN didn't. RUSH HAS TO BE NAMED BY THE DESIGN OF THIS LAWSUIT. He isn't badmouthing them for

Oh and Chris....if it goes to a jury (it won't see the light of day by that point, but just saying....) hope to hell none of these simpletons are on your jury!! ANY and EVERYcompany has a policy to make it difficult to issue refunds, or settlements, or release property, or grant a payout etc....hoping you will give up! Over half of consumers let themselves be bent over.....no lube , no reach around.... and they count on that! Why pay out 100 percent of the people if 65% will give up after a short battle? It is on purpose that the person on the other end of the line is saying (in my best eastern indian accent) "Yes, I'm sorry your were having these difficult times as a result of our service....let me connect you to and upper level cusomer service agent...."*click*

Edited by yyz98

QUOTE (yyz98 @ Jul 11 2010, 11:30 PM)
Ummm....NO. He has in his hands a CONTRACT stating rain or shine. The reason they cancelled the show (stated by company) is RAIN. If they said "cancelled due to technical difficulties" well, maybe he'd be up the creek without a boat.

Well, the announcer specifically said "Severe Storm's", Which suggests strong winds, something which is not stated on the ticket. "Rain or Shine". No mention of winds or storms there.

I wouldn't like to have 30 - 40 guys including a band, standing underneath a few tonnes of lighting and sound rigging, in strong winds and rain.

The storm never came, but its not always possible to predict the future.

Edit : I should say though, that I do think that Ticketbastard, stubhub or whoever he bought his ticket from, should give fans refunds if the fans wish to go down that route, I just don't think that there is a case for suing the band here though... but hey, Im not a Lawyer.

Edited by Sir Lerxst

QUOTE (chrislangone @ Jul 11 2010, 02:11 PM)
@spacement:

Thank you for the link - that is interesting - and it totally contradicts what Live Nation prints on the ticket:

"IN THE EVENT OF A CANCELLATION OR RESCHEDULING OF THE APPLICABLE EVENT, MANAGEMENT SHALL NOT BE REQUIRED TO ISSUE A REFUND PROVIDED THAT YOU ARE GIVEN THE RIGHT, WITHIN TWELVE MONTHS OF THE DATE OF THE ORIGINAL EVENT, TO ATTEND A RESCHEDULED PERFORMANCE OF THE SAME EVENT OR TO
EXCHANGE THIS TICKET FOR A TICKET, COMPARABLE IN PRICE AND LOCATION, TO ANOTHER SIMILAR EVENT AS DESIGNATED BY MANAGEMENT EXCEPT AS OTHERWISE PROVIDED BY LAW. HOLDER BEARS ALL RISKS OF INCLEMENT WEATHER.

NO REFUNDS. NO EXCHANGES EXCEPT AS PROVIDED HEREIN. EVENT DATE & TIME SUBJECT TO CHANGE. ALL RIGHTS RESERVED."

I will further investigate. If the link you reference is accurate then it's odd that they print something on the ticket that's different. And if Stub Hub is lying -- well...

I cannot go to rescheduled event in Chicago, this was a summer trip that I picked to take some old friends to a show.

I requested a refund and was denied. And the ticket excplicitly states no refund.

HOLDER BEARS ALL RISKS OF INCLEMENT WEATHER.

I requested a refund and was denied. And the ticket excplicitly states no refund.

With all due respect, Chris, based on what you posted above, why are you suing then?

While I agree with the others who say you're going to lose this lawsuit, I do have a great deal of sympathy for your cause.

Our tickets are a contract but yet we have no rights. This has always been the case. Rain or Shine means nothing when the fine print reads that anyone associated with the band or promoter can cancel for any reason at any time--especially, "safety"!

Hell, Iron Maiden couldn't even honor the show time on the ticket! Dream Theater started a half hour early--I missed one of my favorite bands! Lawsuit? Nah, I'm not going to win that one. And your not going to win your case either. Props for fighting the good fight though.

Your lawsuit, by the way, is NOT going to 'drive up the ticket prices' as has been suggested but it will tie up the court and get another wealthy lawyer even richer. Blind greed, on the other hand WILL drive up prices.

QUOTE (yyz98 @ Jul 11 2010, 05:50 PM)
"It's the principle of it all. I would never think of having my favorite band in a lawsuit. It goes against everything that involves being a fan."

MY GOD. Please go read the OP.

I would agree that he is fair game with a target on his back IF: He filed the suit and wanted $50,000 for pain, suffering and anguish. He just wants his f***ing MONEY back!!! How hard is it? Like I said, Ged and the boys won't even hear about it, nor the countless other times they were sued by advantage taking scumbags.....

This whole chest thumping by the fans is rediculous....If he wanted to give LN and Rush $500 and get nothing out of it, he would do that I assume. But he didn't. He bought a ticket for a specific time and place and planned accordingly for it (holding up his end of the transaction) yet, LN didn't. RUSH HAS TO BE NAMED BY THE DESIGN OF THIS LAWSUIT. He isn't badmouthing them for

Oh and Chris....if it goes to a jury (it won't see the light of day by that point, but just saying....) hope to hell none of these simpletons are on your jury!! ANY and EVERYcompany has a policy to make it difficult to issue refunds, or settlements, or release property, or grant a payout etc....hoping you will give up! Over half of consumers let themselves be bent over.....no lube , no reach around.... and they count on that! Why pay out 100 percent of the people if 65% will give up after a short battle? It is on purpose that the person on the other end of the line is saying (in my best eastern indian accent) "Yes, I'm sorry your were having these difficult times as a result of our service....let me connect you to and upper level cusomer service agent...."*click*

"Chest thumping"

"Simpleton"

"Retarded"

Why the f**k are you taking shots at people asshole and making it personnel?

Go f**k yourself.

Hows that for chest thumping?

QUOTE (yyz98 @ Jul 11 2010, 05:30 PM)

Due to the nature of the unregulated aftermarket ticket brokers, it has no bearing whatsoever where he bought it, he has a contract in his hand, period.

Also, Stubhub is a ticketmaster affiliate. They are ultimately responsible. The bottom line is, in order for livenation to actually WIN, they have to prove Mr. Langone did something wrong to cause the concert to cancel. In other words, it was HIS FAULT. That isn't going to happen. CAse closed. He will have a refund by next week, and if they are remotley decent....some kind of gift for compensation for the hassle.

When Ticketmaster prints tickets up and they include 'Rain or shine' on it....then cancel due to rain, there is no defending that. Doesn't matter if you bought your ticket from a legless transient in Seatle for a concert in Miami. The 'END USER' still hold all rights as a consumer. Give it up already

Wow, I had no idea you were a lawyer. Thanks for your awesome analysis!

z7shysterical.gif

Okay, here is the fundamental problem I have understanding this lawsuit.

1. Chapter One Pavillion is an open air venue, with essentially no cover provided for the patrons. Mr. Langone should have known this when he bought his tickets.

Here is a stock photo, NOT from 7/7/2010:

http://www.stadiumseattrashbag.com/GroundLevel_Set_Up_Northerly_op_800x602.jpg

(http://www.therushforum.com/index.php?showtopic=57436&st=40)

2. From the accounts here on TRF, the heavy rains during the day had soaked the grounds and chairs. (http://www.rushisaband.com/tourgallery/gallery.php?tour_id=153)

Mr. Langone himself states, "We walked to the show from my hotel in the pouring rain - we all got drenched but once inside didn't care - we were going to see RUSH!"

Here is a picture from RIAB from 7/7/2010:

http://www.rushisaband.com/graphics/ti/full/5111.jpg

(http://www.rushisaband.com/tourgallery/gallery.php?tour_id=153)

I don't know the timing of this picture in relation to the rescheduling decision. But can anyone really be surprised they would reschedule, looking at the layout of this venue and taking into account the weather? It certainly looks like the grounds were soaked, and there was a reasonable expectation for more rain later that night. Would most fans really have wanted the show to proceed under these conditions, sitting on soaked chairs on soaked grounds with the chance for more rains? Was there any reasonable expectation that they could have made it through a three hour show without the rains returning, or without dangerous wind or lightning occurring?

confused13.gif

Edited by PariahDog

While I was waiting in line for the show in Sarnia one of the truck drivers for the tour asked us where the entrance was for his semi. We told him and we asked him about Chicago and he said "there was three inches of rain on the stage, and they cancelled it"......but he also thought for sure both we're cancelled so he might not be reliable.

Chris, I hope you get an exchange for the show in Toronto, or your money back. As a college student(BA in Music Ed) I know money can be tight...or non exsistent.

QUOTE (PariahDog @ Jul 11 2010, 07:40 PM)
Okay, here is the fundamental problem I have understanding this lawsuit.

1. Chapter One Pavillion is an open air venue, with essentially no cover provided for the patrons. Mr. Langone should have known this when he bought his tickets.

Here is a stock photo, NOT from 7/7/2010:
http://www.stadiumseattrashbag.com/GroundLevel_Set_Up_Northerly_op_800x602.jpg
(http://www.therushforum.com/index.php?showtopic=57436&st=40)

2. From the accounts here on TRF, the heavy rains during the day had soaked the grounds and chairs. (http://www.rushisaband.com/tourgallery/gallery.php?tour_id=153)
Mr. Langone himself states, "We walked to the show from my hotel in the pouring rain - we all got drenched but once inside didn't care - we were going to see RUSH!"

Here is a picture from RIAB from 7/7/2010:
http://www.rushisaband.com/graphics/ti/full/5111.jpg
(http://www.rushisaband.com/tourgallery/gallery.php?tour_id=153)

I don't know the timing of this picture in relation to the rescheduling decision. But can anyone really be surprised they would reschedule, looking at the layout of this venue and taking into account the weather? It certainly looks like the grounds were soaked, and there was a reasonable expectation for more rain later that night. Would most fans really have wanted the show to proceed under these conditions, sitting on soaked chairs on soaked grounds with the chance for more rains? Was there any reasonable expectation that they could have made it through a three hour show without the rains returning, or without dangerous wind or lightning occurring?

confused13.gif

Then why does the ticket or show info say "rain or shine" - thats the real rub here.

I went to see Aerosmith in the 70's. Golden Earring opened, so I sat through a 20 minute rendition of "Radar Love".

A guy came out and announced that Aerosmith wasn't playing. Steven Tyler was too wasted. Show was rescheduled for the following week. I could't go to that one...I had already taken time off for the cancelled one. Aerosmith remains on my s@#t list...I won't ever see them because of it. Never crossed my mind to sue.

Chris...if I cut you a check for the $500.00, will you drop the whole thing? You could have it by Wednesday.

If my son, who wants to attend Cornell, takes your class and one gets cancelled because of snow or something, can I sue you and the University? Of course the suit will be on behalf of all the students who just want to learn.

The "rush" ( no pun intended) in this country to find a reason to sue somebody (anybody) is staggering and depressing. angry.gif

QUOTE (PumpkinHead @ Jul 11 2010, 03:57 PM)
Stub Hub's Response!

http://www.stripers247.com/images/c290.gif

This has been one of the most entertaining threads on here in a very long time.

This Shining Willy Wonka splice, I mean "slice" says it all.

Good luck Chris, but seriously, you will have a "Ghost Of A Chance" to get your money back.

Hope you prove us doubters wrong. wacko.gif

Geddy, Alex and Neil have absolutely nothing to do with this lawsuit.

Signed,

"Faithless"

'"Chest thumping"

"Simpleton"

"Retarded"

Why the f**k are you taking shots at people asshole and making it personnel?

Go f**k yourself.'

Sorry xanadoood, you obviously highlighted the words you can relate to. In an affort to reach you I will try and dumb down my original post so that you can understand the meat and potatoes of it. Kind of get the true meaning of what I was saying. The guilty will always expose barbs. Ill go f**k myself now to try to put myself in your shoes....to get your stand on the issue.