What songs from moving pictures

don't get me wrong, i love moving pictures from start to finish. but when they tour to support the next album, what do you think/want to still hear from the 1981 classic??

confused13.gif

i think tom sawyer will always be there, as yyz and maybe limelight...

i've love them to keep the camera eye. witch hunt was the most powerful i've heard them play on the snakes... tour

this isn't really a time machine thread, but there isn't one for the next tour yet tongue.gif

2.gif

Other than TS which will be played of course.

Limelight

Red Barchetta

QUOTE (danielmclark @ Jul 2 2010, 10:14 AM)
None. I'd rather see them drop every song from MP on the next tour, but failing that, just drop Tom Sawyer and Limelight. Tom Sawyer has, I believe, been played at every show on every tour since 1980 schla03.gif

Limelight and Red Barchetta are still always highlights for me.

Rush at it's very best.

I never thought I'd say this but I think they could give themselves the liberty of omitting any from MP. Tom Sawyer in particular. It's finally time methinks, and I've long been a supporter of keeping the MP staples in their setlists.

My personal preference is Limelight and YYZ. Limelight because it's still quite relevant on the heels of the recent documentary and YYZ because instrumentals have become more of a necessity these days in giving Geddy's voice that rest during a show.

Red Barchetta gets me crazy live!! I love it!! I also love Witch Hunt. Those excite me more than the regulars.

I wouldn't mind them giving the more overplayed songs a rest - Tom Sawyer and Limelight that is - and perhaps adding in their places any of the lesser played songs. It's nice to mix it up once in a while, and I really don't think at this point anyone could accuse them of not playing TS or Limelight enough. I'm sure it'll never happen though just because they're so popular, most people probably still want to see them every time. But no matter what, I want them to keep YYZ. There'd never be a situation in which I wouldn't want to hear them play YYZ.

If they did ZERO songs from MP on the next tour, not only would they not lose any fans, the same people would still flock to see them.

Thus the problem as far as us fans are concerned.......Rush plays what they want to play, and that's pretty much that.

Really, the "all of MP" idea was a mixed bag for me, because I correctly figured I was going to lose NatSci to make room for my least favorite MP song, TCE. But getting both Witch Hunt and Vital Signs is great. Tom Sawyer, Limelight and even Red Barchetta I've heard sooo often I don't really "need" them. So that leaves:

YYZ

Witch Hunt

Vital Signs