• Finding Nemo
    • The Incredibles
    • Monsters Inc.
    • Cars
    • Ratatouille
    • Wall-E
    • Up
    • Toy Story 3

I love A Bugs Life! I have yet to see Toy Story 3, but i dont think it can top an evil kevin spacey grasshopper.

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

For fun:

Toy Story - 5/5

A Bugs Life - 4/5

Toy Story 2 - 3/5

Finding Nemo - 1/5 (I can't stand it. I've seen the movie over fifteen times.)

The Incredibles - 4/5

Monsters Inc. - 5/5

Cars - 3/5

Ratatouille - n/a

Wall-E - n/a

Up - 4/5

Toy Story 3 - 5/5

When I saw The Incredibles, I was convinced that I had seen the best animated film ever.

Then I saw WALL-E......

You married elasti-girl... and got BIZZZZAY!

My Rankings:

1. Incredibles

2. Toy Story

3. Bugs Life

4. TS 2

5. TS 3

6. Monsters Inc

7. Cars

8. Wall-E

9. Up

10. Nemo

11. Ratatouille

Wall-E

Toy Story

Up

Toy Story 3

Finding Nemo

The Incredibles

Monsters Inc.

Toy Story 2

Ratatouille

A Bugs Life

Cars

Kind of a personal surprise that Wall-E is way up there, since I usually lean more towards the older movies put out.. but I loved that one! It was just so brilliant. I was caught between bawling and laughing whenever EVE would squeal, "Wall-E!" Just unimaginably adorable.

And epic kudos to any producer that can create such a meaningful film with such minimal dialogue in half of it. Not to mention fantastic animation.

QUOTE (Lost In Xanadu @ Jan 3 2011, 02:33 PM)
You married elasti-girl... and got BIZZZZAY!

My Rankings:

1. Incredibles
2. Toy Story
3. Bugs Life
4. TS 2
5. TS 3
6. Monsters Inc
7. Cars
8. Wall-E
9. Up

10. Nemo

11. Ratatouille

Just saw ratatouille, didn't like it much.

What's with the use of guns? Not just from a PC standpoint, but couldn't they have been more creative? Pixar films strive on creativity.

QUOTE (CMWriter @ Jan 3 2011, 06:07 PM)
And epic kudos to any producer that can create such a meaningful film with such minimal dialogue in half of it.

goodpost.gif

The first 30 minutes in WALL-E were some of the best film-making ever. Without uttering a word, the film communicated powerful thoughts and feelings. We knew exactly who WALL-E was, what his life was like, and what he desired so desperately. We fully understood the plight of the Earth and of the people who ruined it and had to leave it.

Masterpiece. smile.gif smile.gif smile.gif

Honestly, I'm very impressed with Pixar. I've never been disappointed, and I think every one of their films are good. I was afraid Up would not be good, since it was the first one to feature human's as the main characters (unless you count the Incredibles...I say they're superheros). But even then, I was very surprised, and I cried. Very good film. And then I thought Toy Story 3 would be bad, if only because it's the third film and third films tend to be bad. But it was amazing.

So I love pixar, and I think they're all great.

If I had to rank them:

1. Ratatouille

2. Walle

3. TS1

4. Up

5. Nemo

6. Cars

7. TS3

8. Monster's Inc

9. Bug's Life (By the way...a retelling of The Magnificent Seven, which is a retelling of the Seven Samurai.)

10. TS 2

11. The Incredibles

This was a tough one for me between Nemo and The Incredibles, both effects IMHO, but Nemo won. All the brilliant colors were so eye-catching.

Does anybody know whatever happened to the sequel to the Incredibles?

I will have to go with Ratatouille. Mainly because I have pet mice and I speak French.

A friend of mine did not like it and I completely understand why, though. She took her elementary school aged niece- and they found it too long, the jokes were flying over the little girl's head, and the plot was overall too convoluted for a young child. They should have kept it shorter- I admit to not having the longest of attention spans.

QUOTE (nobodys hero @ Jan 8 2011, 12:59 PM)
Does anybody know whatever happened to the sequel to the Incredibles?

Director Brad Bird is open to a sequel, but he says that Pixar is not really interested in doing sequels (as a general rule). They like to make films that stand on their own.

And this was 3.5 years ago....

http://www.comingsoon.net/news/movienews.php?id=21218

I think I originally voted for 'Finding Nemo' but after seeing 'Cars' I think that's my new favorite. I put off watching it for the longest time because I thought I'd find nothing interesting about it. My oldest would sit and watch that movie all day over and over again if I let him.

I love Mater. "Like tuh-mater but without the tuh."

It was Monsters, INC, until I saw Up. Like My Life as a Dog, Up is just... beautiful on so many levels. It's like the entire text of Derrida's Learning to Live Finally rolled up into a gorgeous film. Edited by garbo