What made your day today? v.2

1-0-0-1-0-0-1

The question is, do you think that I honestly believe that I'm quite dim?

See, my humour doesn't translate. Everyone elses does in some manner. It's a character flaw of mine but I tend to embrace it. God knows why.

I have watched that particular film many times but dim as I am, I don't equate films to reality. It's a failure to connect or something?

Anyhow, painting may appear, or may not. :huh: I hate it today.

• Like 2

The question is, do you think that I honestly believe that I'm quite dim?

See, my humour doesn't translate. Everyone elses does in some manner. It's a character flaw of mine but I tend to embrace it. God knows why.

I have watched that particular film many times but dim as I am, I don't equate films to reality. It's a failure to connect or something?

Anyhow, painting may appear, or may not. :huh: I hate it today.

You being dim never crossed my mind. When you said that I thought you were being self deprecating OR just being too self conscious

• Like 1

First painting done in the new flat. Jackson Pollock eat yer heart out :outtahere:

Well let's see her!

Maybe. Its been some time since I've painted seriously. I liked it yesterday and I'll hate it today, so I always give it a week or so and if its still palatable then, might post it.

What a jip

:hail:

Yep. That's me.

Good for YOU, Dweezil!

http://i81.photobucket.com/albums/j223/OldRUSHfan/Banana%20World/banana%20with%20hammer.gif

Like my BFF used to say, "Do What You Wanna Do."

http://i81.photobucket.com/albums/j223/OldRUSHfan/Banana%20World/bananaJackson.gif

Thanks. I don't want to feel I'm "gypping" anyone. Maybe if I painted it for the public or a client and then wouldn't show it to the intended recipient, that would be "gypping", I don't know.

I'm not cheating or swindling people. I do it for myself and it makes me happy.

Maybe I need to not share. Or maybe it's the bipolar. Who knows. I'm being bitchy. But so what. Not hurting anyone. Or am I? :oops:

If your not revealing your painting bugs them, TOUGH SH*T TO THEM!!! I blame THEM for hurting YOU by WHINING!!!

http://i81.photobucket.com/albums/j223/OldRUSHfan/Banana%20World/banana%20splatTTTT.gif

First painting done in the new flat. Jackson Pollock eat yer heart out :outtahere:

Well let's see her!

Maybe. Its been some time since I've painted seriously. I liked it yesterday and I'll hate it today, so I always give it a week or so and if its still palatable then, might post it.

What a jip

Yep. That's me.

Good for YOU, Dweezil!

http://i81.photobucket.com/albums/j223/OldRUSHfan/Banana%20World/banana%20with%20hammer.gif

http://i81.photobucket.com/albums/j223/OldRUSHfan/Banana%20World/bananaJackson.gif

Thanks. I don't want to feel I'm "gypping" anyone. Maybe if I painted it for the public or a client and then wouldn't show it to the intended recipient, that would be "gypping", I don't know.

Maybe I need to not share. Or maybe it's the bipolar. Who knows. I'm being bitchy. But so what. Not hurting anyone. Or am I? :oops:

It was a joke. In fact, I was thinking of that scene in Pulp Fiction when Travolta says "What a jip" to Uma Thurman after she wouldn't tell her joke from Fox Force Five. If you're able to follow all that then you'll know I'm serious...about joking that is. :hail:

No, not able to follow stuff. I'm quite dim actually.

But I LIKE THE FACT that you're EXTREMELY HONEST!!!

http://i81.photobucket.com/albums/j223/OldRUSHfan/Banana%20World/banana%20riding%20train.gif

• Like 1

This Site ROCKS!!!

http://i81.photobucket.com/albums/j223/OldRUSHfan/Banana%20World/Banana%20with%20Headphones%20and%20vinyl%20album.jpeg

• Like 2

Well let's see her!

What a jip

Yep. That's me.

Good for YOU, Dweezil!

If your not revealing your painting bugs them, TOUGH SH*T TO THEM!!! I blame THEM for hurting YOU by WHINING!!!

http://i81.photobucket.com/albums/j223/OldRUSHfan/Banana%20World/banana%20splatTTTT.gif

• Like 2

Well let's see her!

So how about posting a photo of one of your previous paintings - one that you feel positive about

• Like 2

In observing the eighteenth anniversary of my rape, I was very gratefully not alone. This was a wonderful reminder of the care that I have been fortunate to both give and receive over the years. The outpouring of thoughtfulness was heartwarming; a dear person donated to RAINN in my honour, and some truly kind words and anniversary wishes were sent my way. I even heard from a fellow survivor who had attended workshops at which I presented. It was so touching to be remembered on a personally significant day. :wub: Luckily, I was afforded some self-care through painting in my studio, too.

I am so thankful for life and for healing. I am also well aware that for some, support systems are severely lacking. Knowing that there are others among us who are healing from sexual assault or supporting loved ones in their own recovery process, I am compelled to reiterate my offer of support. If you are reading this message--no matter how far in the future--and need someone to listen, please know that you are quite welcome to reach out.

Wow... this post...

:hug2:

• Like 3

In observing the eighteenth anniversary of my rape, I was very gratefully not alone. This was a wonderful reminder of the care that I have been fortunate to both give and receive over the years. The outpouring of thoughtfulness was heartwarming; a dear person donated to RAINN in my honour, and some truly kind words and anniversary wishes were sent my way. I even heard from a fellow survivor who had attended workshops at which I presented. It was so touching to be remembered on a personally significant day. :wub: Luckily, I was afforded some self-care through painting in my studio, too.

I am so thankful for life and for healing. I am also well aware that for some, support systems are severely lacking. Knowing that there are others among us who are healing from sexual assault or supporting loved ones in their own recovery process, I am compelled to reiterate my offer of support. If you are reading this message--no matter how far in the future--and need someone to listen, please know that you are quite welcome to reach out.

Wow... this post...

• Like 3

Wow... this post...

Bean, I just saw this ..... You are an inspiration - a survivor and not a victim .... From my perspective, it is obvious that you have accomplished one of the most courageous and strong things a person can do in life: you've taken something unwantedly thrown at you and you have turned it into something positive with your strength ..

you will never be the same .... that's right, I'll be even better

Edited by Lucas
  • Like 5

Well let's see her!

What a jip

Johnny "Travolta" Blaze?
  • Like 1

Wow... this post...

Bean, I just saw this ..... You are an inspiration - a survivor and not a victim .... From my perspective, it is obvious that you have accomplished one of the most courageous and strong things a person can do in life: you've taken something unwantedly thrown at you and you have turned it into something positive with your strength ..

Aww Lucas, thank you so much for your very kind words! They certainly mean a lot to me :)

• Like 3

Wow... this post...

Aww Lucas, thank you so much for your very kind words! They certainly mean a lot to me :)

a friend in need's a friend indeed

• Like 2

Wow... this post...

a friend in need's a friend indeed

And what a pure morning! :fistbump:

• Like 2

Well let's see her!

What a jip

Johnny "Travolta" Blaze?

• Like 1

Well let's see her!

So how about posting a photo of one of your previous paintings - one that you feel positive about

I would but. I sold most of my stuff in a shop in Dawson Yukon. 11 years ago I moved from Canada to the UK with 2 suitcases. No photos just some sketches of stuff. Lost an established client base and shop to sell them in. Didn't paint much for the last 10 years (as posted previously) and only now being on my own with lots of time to kill am I starting to paint again.

I only said it made my day to finish my first painting in my new flat and new life, not posting telling everyone how awesome I am, just happy that I am once more creative. I didn't know that posting something that made my day would create such a hullabaloo and that I would have to post the damn painting. And for the record, I usually hate most of my work and feel rotten charging people money to buy them. However, I want to paint and need to paint and somehow it has to pay for materials. Thankfully none of my clients have come to their senses and demanded their money back.

Plus I'm mental.

In conclusion, it is a subject best left alone and I will not post about it again.

Only 15 more days till I see my best friend face to face in a video chat!! :)

Me: You are better than everyone else I have met.

My Meme: Oh my god aw.

Me: What is it? Awaw.

My Meme: You're so sweet.

Me: So are u meme. You are the best person ever. :heart: Best Friends always.

My Meme: Awawaw you're great :heart: :heart:

Me: You are also :heart: :heart:

Edited by GotNeilPeart?
  • Like 1

Only 15 more days till I see my best friend face to face in a video chat!! :)

Me: You are better than everyone else I have met.

My Meme: Oh my god aw.

Me: What is it? Awaw.

My Meme: You're so sweet.

Me: So are u meme. You are the best person ever. :heart: Best Friends always.

My Meme: Awawaw you're great :heart: :heart:

Me: You are also :heart: :heart:

That sounds weird to me--but then again I had a friend I never actually ended up seeing :LOL:

Seeing DoL face to face IRL was something special

Oh hey, I'm doing that again next month :)

• Like 5

Playing arcade games from high school in the arcade in Asbury Park and walking the boardwalk.

I'd give anything sometimes to walk the boardwalk again and take a whiff of that salt air and hear the ocean waves crashing on the shore. How I miss it!!

• Like 2