What made your day today? v.2

1-0-0-1-0-0-1

I went to the library (yea, field trip!) and walked (sort of :) ) without crutches.

Slowly but surely. :)

Get well soon! :cheers:
  • Like 1

"Rain", by The BEATLES just turned up on my iTunes "Fun Songs" Playlist! http://i81.photobucket.com/albums/j223/OldRUSHfan/Music%20Smilies/Beatlessmilie.gif

Behold the smiley of awesomeness!!!
  • Like 1

I went to the library (yea, field trip!) and walked (sort of :) ) without crutches.

Slowly but surely. :)

Get well soon! :cheers:

Thank you so much!

I'll be ready to dance again by prom time. :)

Yay!!!

• Like 1

Bought a couple of plane tickets to see the Blaze clan in Florida in April.

Got word that my bro & his wife in Dallas will be flying in that weekend too. It's rare that all bros & wives are all together. Hasn't happened since our parent's 50th anniversary back in 2010. Sooo BigDaddyBlaze's 77th birthday bash this April is reaching epic proportions! Too awesome!

http://foto.scigacz.pl/gallery/spostrzezenia/ghost_rider_2.jpg

• Like 4

Went to another exam and got an A! :D

Yesterday I was so nervous and depressed thinking I would flunk, and somehow I managed to do a lot better. I was lucky in drawing a question for my examination: URL Routing in Asp.Net MVC.

Next is the re-examination of the first exam I flunked. When that one is passed I'm on to next semester. I tell you, these past weeks have been a bit of a roller coaster ride :scared:

• Like 4

1-0-0-1-0-0-1 helped me to find a way to change the "RUSH FREAKS UNITE" part of my sig! It was supposed to be a deeper pink than was represented. He showed me how to do that!!! It is now fuchsia, a much closer representation of the 'pink' on the First RUSH album cover!!! THANKS MAN!!!

Also found my file of THE ORIGINAL "The Lion Sleeps Tonight (Wimoweh)" by The Tokens in my iTunes, and added it to my "FunTunes" Playlist IMMEDIATELY! It's the first song I remember hearing on the radio when I was 3! [been playing that on REPEAT since this morining!!!

Finished my dishes this morning, and put away all the 'Fancy Feast' cat food cans,(in order for quickest service-OCD) ....now relaxing here.....LOL http://i81.photobucket.com/albums/j223/OldRUSHfan/Laughing/laugh3-smiley.gif

It snowed last night! (Not in San Francisco; I'm up in Lake Tahoe right now. Hi Goose, I'm in your state!)

I came up here with a group a friends but the weather was above freezing for most of the weekend, and we had been getting rain instead of snow.

• Like 3

Can I post two "what made my day"s in the same day? On my several hour drive back home from Lake Tahoe one of my friends was riding with me in the car. We have a lot of overlap in our musical tastes and he is a guitar player so we spent a lot of time geeking out about music. I was given an intro to King's X, we talked about Steve Harris' style of bass playing, I learned about palm muting, and we blasted Nevermore driving down the freeway. :haz:

I've got some pretty wonderful friends. :yes:

• Like 4

It snowed last night! (Not in San Francisco; I'm up in Lake Tahoe right now. Hi Goose, I'm in your state!)

I came up here with a group a friends but the weather was above freezing for most of the weekend, and we had been getting rain instead of snow.

Hey there! I hope you enjoyed your time in Tahoe. Saturday/Sunday were pretty windy and stormy. Yesterday around 10:00 AM it cleared to blue skies.

Did you do anything fun? How was the drive home over the Pass?

Edited by goose
  • Like 1

Can I post two "what made my day"s in the same day? On my several hour drive back home from Lake Tahoe one of my friends was riding with me in the car. We have a lot of overlap in our musical tastes and he is a guitar player so we spent a lot of time geeking out about music. I was given an intro to King's X, we talked about Steve Harris' style of bass playing, I learned about palm muting, and we blasted Nevermore driving down the freeway. :haz:

How many hours?

Edited by troutman

Hey there! I hope you enjoyed your time in Tahoe. Saturday/Sunday were pretty windy and stormy. Yesterday around 10:00 AM it cleared to blue skies.

Did you do anything fun? How was the drive home over the Pass?

We were up in Incline Village but only got a little snow on Sunday night. It rained a little on Saturday because it was too warm.

We did do some sledding which was pretty fun! I hadn't gone sledding in many years. I thought about skiing, but it's been 13+ years since I've gone, and my legs aren't in shape so I skipped it this time. (Still need to get back into that!) Each night we played games and that was great.

The drive out of Tahoe sucked. There was traffic all through the pass and it took two hours to go 80 miles. Oh well, the weekend was still worth it!

• Like 1

How many hours?

It was about 5.5 hours because of the traffic. But we had good music which made it better :D

• Like 1

How many hours?

It was about 5.5 hours because of the traffic. But we had good music which made it better :D

Cool,

Thats a long drive. But when you are having a good time. It's all worth it. Fish on!! :cheers:

Creating an "April Wine" channel on Pandora. That got me...

April Wine (duh!)

Scorpions

Judas Priest

AC/DC

Sammy Hagar

Def Leppard

RATT

All the stuff that was a staple during college house parties... "Hey, baby, wanna dance...?" :7up: :whipgirl:

• Like 2

April Wine (duh!)

Scorpions

Judas Priest

AC/DC

Sammy Hagar

Def Leppard

RATT

All the stuff that was a staple during college house parties... "Hey, baby, wanna dance...?" :7up: :whipgirl:

great stuff there.
  • Like 1

April Wine (duh!)

Scorpions

Judas Priest

AC/DC

Sammy Hagar

Def Leppard

RATT

:hail:

• Like 1

Before Christmas I posted about how I helped someone pay off several high interest loans. Well...that person wrote me a check for $1,000 today. She's back on her feet, ahead of the game.
  • Like 6

Before Christmas I posted about how I helped someone pay off several high interest loans. Well...that person wrote me a check for $1,000 today. She's back on her feet, ahead of the game.

Nice, in several ways!

• Like 1

The day a few days ago where everything was going RIGHT? I finished a lot of duties that needed to be done? The next day everything was going WRONG? Well, that day before, my first half of my order of new Diecast Car models arrived, and here they are:

http://i81.photobucket.com/albums/j223/OldRUSHfan/Me%20stuff/My%20Fleet-%20The%20Black%20Beauty%20from%20the%20Green%20Hornet%20TV%20show%20Front.jpg

The "Black Beauty" from the TV show "The Green Hornet" front,

http://i81.photobucket.com/albums/j223/OldRUSHfan/Me%20stuff/My%20Fleet-%20The%20Black%20Beauty%20from%20the%20Green%20Hornet%20TV%20show%20rear%20view.jpg

Same car, rear view

http://i81.photobucket.com/albums/j223/OldRUSHfan/Me%20stuff/My%20Fleet-%20The%2068%20Ford%20Mustang%20from%20the%20movie%20Bullit.jpg

The '68 Ford Mustang from the Movie "Bullit" came with Steve McQueen figure which SUCKED, so I didn't get the figure out.

http://i81.photobucket.com/albums/j223/OldRUSHfan/Me%20stuff/My%20Fleet-%20The%2077%20Checker%20Cab%20from%20the%20TV%20show%20Friends%20Phoebes.jpg

Phoebe's '77 Checker Cab from the "Friends" TV show. I WAS HAPPY!!!!!!! also thought I'd already made this post, but spent most of yesterday searching for it in futileness. Here it is, and if you want to see all the open stuff, here it is, from where I bought these: http://www.diecastmodelswholesale.com/movie-cars-models/?sort=newest

• Like 2