What made your day today? v.2

1-0-0-1-0-0-1

My past few days have been made by my working on learning La Villa. I took a look at the tabs a few days ago and printed them out just for the helluvit. I have to write over the numbers on tabs because they are so tiny... I was writing over the tabs of Lerxst in Wonderland and.... I picked up my lovely new guitar and struck a few notes. Played the first "phrase" and had to grin. Then I continued.... and I can play as far as the bit that starts with 1-17 (about 30 bars). So I moved on to other passages. The feeling this gives me - the sheer joy - is so wonderful. My favorite Rush song and I can half-assed play it! I'm still amazed ohmy.gif

And very, very happy. So I had to share with folks I know will understand wub.gif

QUOTE (Hatchetaxe&saw @ Feb 17 2011, 01:58 PM)
Ran 14 miles today! 12 to go......my legs are not talking to me.

ohmy.gif

QUOTE (HowItIs @ Feb 16 2011, 08:15 PM)
My past few days have been made by my working on learning La Villa. I took a look at the tabs a few days ago and printed them out just for the helluvit. I have to write over the numbers on tabs because they are so tiny... I was writing over the tabs of Lerxst in Wonderland and.... I picked up my lovely new guitar and struck a few notes. Played the first "phrase" and had to grin. Then I continued.... and I can play as far as the bit that starts with 1-17 (about 30 bars). So I moved on to other passages. The feeling this gives me - the sheer joy - is so wonderful. My favorite Rush song and I can half-assed play it! I'm still amazed ohmy.gif

And very, very happy. So I had to share with folks I know will understand wub.gif

Nice... hope to see you in chat later tonight. smile.gif I got a night off. common001.gif

Another 5" of new snow it was a powder day...

bncegrn.gif http://www.freesmileys.org/smileys/smiley-sport023.gif common001.gif http://www.freesmileys.org/smileys/smiley-sport023.gif common001.gif cool10.gif common001.gif http://www.freesmileys.org/smileys/smiley-sport023.gif common001.gif http://www.freesmileys.org/smileys/smiley-sport023.gif bncegrn.gif

My copy of A Work In Progress came today. Finally. biggrin.gif

Tery, you'll be happy to know that I ordered from the site you suggested for copper (in this case colored) jewelry, and the necklace and bracelet came today and look great with my blue Rush shirt with the copper glitter! I'm so psyched to wear these to the show...I'll take pics so all can see!

QUOTE (1 of the 7 @ Feb 17 2011, 09:50 PM)
Tery, you'll be happy to know that I ordered from the site you suggested for copper (in this case colored) jewelry, and the necklace and bracelet came today and look great with my blue Rush shirt with the copper glitter! I'm so psyched to wear these to the show...I'll take pics so all can see!

That's fantastic! I'm so glad you found some stuff you like there (not that I get a kickback or anything). laugh.gif

Can't wait to see the pictures!! common001.gif

I got my prom dress today; it's black with tiny white polka dots, and there's a hot pink flower on it. I love it, and it actually fits! No suffocating on the dance floor!

Gets better, though...

One, it was only $25. (Used, but the sponsors of the event today are dry-cleaners. Besides, prom dresses only get worn once anyways.)

Two, the money went to charity (Lydia House, which is an emergency shelter for women), instead of some overpriced slave-driver boutique.

Three, I picked up some coupons and entered into some prize contests while at the event. Saved money = more cash for shoes, jewelry, and prom night!!

QUOTE (luvrush @ Feb 19 2011, 07:42 PM)
Sounds lovely ... it's all about the accessories anyway, right? You'll have to take pictures at the big event and post them! smile.gif

Big event's not 'til May! laugh.gif But I certainly will when it comes.

Let's hope I get a date, though.. But I don't see why not. One of my guy friends has to be cool enough to like dancing, right? Right? (/crickets) I have a $30-off-a-tuxedo coupon!! (insert waving it around in the air enticingly) I'll help you pick out a matching tie!!

Anyways, day was made again when the guys' and the girls' basketball teams won their games! Both teams are now 22 - 3. Looks like we're going to Metros... State next, let's hope~ (I want to ride a coach bus down to the capitol!.. Even if it means I'm on the bus with the Pom Squad and their annoying boombox.)

Went cross-country skiing on my holiday off today at a place I hadn't been to in years, and was impressed at how they've upgraded it. Skied the easiest of the difficult trails for a total of almost six miles. Man, am I gonna be feeling it tomorrow, especially since I hurt my wrist a little. I'm glad I didn't take my boyfriend on this trail - he's not as experienced as I, and I had a hard go of it. I was thinking of lots of Rush songs for encouragement, and hoping that doing things like this now will get me in better shape for the show smile.gif

X-Files marathon... on my computer.

But it made me happy to sit down and just watch. God I love that series. I'm halfway through season seven; I hear it's "goodbye, Mulder" after this one. D; But "X-Cops" is the most hysterical episode ever. It's a parody of Cops and is side-splitting. xDD

New laptop! common001.gif

My Dell was 5 years old. Found this HP G62-407DX notebook at Best Buy (we'd gone to get a new wireless router) for under $400 so... yeah. It's got 280GB hard drive, 3GB memory. A DVD burner (man, we needed that!) and even an HDMI port.

It's a low end HP but it beats the pants of my 5-yr-old machine. biggrin.gif

Adobe Photoshop CS5 - for the WIN!

I just got it installed and it works like a charm. So many different menus and buttons but I love it. So much more expansive than regular ol' PS Elements. Can't wait to test it with my tablet and hopefully get back to making some photomanip things. new_thumbsupsmileyanim.gif

And also, found quite the gem while peeking into Hot Topic.

So I was at the mall today and decided, for some reason, to go into Hot Topic. Now, I'll just let you know, I rarely go in there. I hit Wet Seal and American Eagle, Aeropostale, etc.. all the time, but rarely HT (mainly because it smells funny in there). But I was hoping to find a RUSH t-shirt (first thought: "yeah, right") and then I did! It was a Moving Pictures tee and it's pretty epic. Just $15, too.

Quite an exciting find. HT is no longer on my "stores I avoid" list.. But Hollister and Abercrombie & Fitch still are. (Lol.)

QUOTE (CMWriter @ Feb 22 2011, 07:10 PM)
And also, found quite the gem while peeking into Hot Topic.
So I was at the mall today and decided, for some reason, to go into Hot Topic. Now, I'll just let you know, I rarely go in there. I hit Wet Seal and American Eagle, Aeropostale, etc.. all the time, but rarely HT (mainly because it smells funny in there). But I was hoping to find a RUSH t-shirt (first thought: "yeah, right") and then I did! It was a Moving Pictures tee and it's pretty epic. Just $15, too.
Quite an exciting find. HT is no longer on my "stores I avoid" list.. But Hollister and Abercrombie & Fitch still are. (Lol.)

Hey, weird coincidence! I ordered a Rush starman hoodie from their website last week, and got it today! It's very colorful and soft wub.gif That Moving Pics tee looked cool, too!

...and I sooo need to stop spending money!!! But it's 2.gif ! I've heard there's a blue Rush tee with the red explosion logo on it in the men's department at Walmarts in Canada, and I want to see if they have it here. Like I told my boyfriend, I so don't need another Rush shirt, but...