OFFICIAL Caravan and BU2B reaction thread

Presto-digitation

QUOTE (okiimatsu @ Jun 1 2010, 01:32 AM)
I hope there is better songs on this album than these. Guitars sound muddy, screechy, interfere with everything else. what the flying f**k.

Have you heard Vapor Trails?

• Replies 802
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I hope there is better songs on this album than these. Guitars sound muddy, screechy, interfere with everything else. what the flying f**k.

Really? That's not what I'm hearing. The songs sound very crisp and clear to me. Like previously mentioned, have you heard Vapor Trails?

I just finished listening to Caravan for the first time........... sounds great....

One criticism though....... You could easily tell this was a radio edit..... there are minute skips in the audio where you could tell music was cut out........

The edit was not that bad, but I could tell that it was one.......I just can't wait to hear the whole thing....

(Here's hoping the final version is around 10 minutes long)

QUOTE (The Owl @ Jun 1 2010, 01:41 AM)
I just finished listening to Caravan for the first time........... sounds great....

One criticism though....... You could easily tell this was a radio edit..... there are minute skips in the audio where you could tell music was cut out........

The edit was not that bad, but I could tell that it was one.......I just can't wait to hear the whole thing....

Where exactly are these edits you're hearing?

QUOTE (The Owl @ Jun 1 2010, 12:41 AM)

Just finished BU2B! I like it very much as well...........and the fact that this is an edited version as well is much less obvious.

I really think these are the complete songs. I think the whole "single version" simply refers to the fact that they're available separately from the album. We'll have to wait and see but I'll be really surprised if these aren't exactly what'll be on the album.

QUOTE (ReRushed @ Jun 1 2010, 12:35 AM)

Really? That's not what I'm hearing. The songs sound very crisp and clear to me. Like previously mentioned, have you heard Vapor Trails?

Screw the haters, and don't try to reason with them. They're going to be all over this board for the next couple of days like stink on sh*t.

I am completely blown away by these tracks. 1022.gif CA is going to be the best new Rush album since PoW or even GUP. 1022.gif

QUOTE (1-0-0-1-0-0-1 @ Jun 1 2010, 12:43 AM)
QUOTE (The Owl @ Jun 1 2010, 01:41 AM)

One criticism though.......  You could easily tell this was a radio edit..... there are minute skips in the audio where you could tell music was cut out........

Where exactly are these edits you're hearing?

Small cuts in the music were it feels like "I bet there was a bit more music there"... that you could tell were sacrificed for the radio edit....which is what we're hearing......

Not the Band's fault........and it's not even a grievance.......it's something I could just tell.

QUOTE (snowdog2112 @ Jun 1 2010, 01:45 AM)
I really think these are the complete songs. I think the whole "single version" simply refers to the fact that they're available separately from the album. We'll have to wait and see but I'll be really surprised if these aren't exactly what'll be on the album.

You're probably right, but maybe after playing these songs during rehearsals and eventually playing them on tour, they will add or re-arrange them. They will be going back into the studio after the tour. Who knows? Rush are shaking up the way they do things.

Ok, i like both tunes.

The little jam in Caravan is cool.

But it sounds like the production has gone back towards Vapor Trails.

I like the direction of the songwriting, ballsy, in your face stuff, but the production, IMO, was a lot more crisp on Snakes.

But i'm looking forward to hearing the rest of the album.

QUOTE (The Owl @ Jun 1 2010, 12:45 AM)
QUOTE (The Owl @ Jun 1 2010, 12:41 AM)

One criticism though.......  You could easily tell this was a radio edit..... there are minute skips in the audio where you could tell music was cut out........

Just finished BU2B! I like it very much as well...........and the fact that this is an edited version as well is much less obvious.

Haha did you hear the cut at 1:56 in "BU2B?" That one hurts. Odd choice to make an obvious cut at the end of a drum fill on a Rush album.

QUOTE (Xanadoood @ Jun 1 2010, 01:52 AM)
Ok, i like both tunes.

The little jam in Caravan is cool.

But it sounds like the production has gone back towards Vapor Trails.

I like the direction of the songwriting, ballsy, in your face stuff, but the production, IMO, was a lot more crisp on Snakes.

But i'm looking forward to hearing the rest of the album.

I'll bet they sound a lot better on the finished album. There's no way the boys will let this album get "Vapor Trailed" in post production. No way.

Just listened to both Caravan and BU2B...HOLY SH*T....i think these songs are better than anything off the last few albums! Seriously. They sound very "Counterparts"ish...which is AWESOME yes.gif 1022.gif

CAN'T WAIT TO HEAR THE REST OF Clockwork Angels! 653.gif

QUOTE (rushgoober @ Jun 1 2010, 01:13 AM)
It always takes awhile to really assess Rush songs and properly compare them to what came before.

That said, having listened twice to each song online, pretty damn great. Can't wait to hear these in CD quality! new_thumbsupsmileyanim.gif applaudit.gif

Hopefully these will be on your show Thursday!