What are you reading?

Jack Aubrey

indeed

I'm especially surprised that more rock fans dont know of him...don't they ever want to know what hawkwind and blue oyster cult are singing about?

plus, cirith ungol got their first 2 album covers from michael whelan elric art

oh and I believe blind guardian also have songs about the eternal champion

and not to mention the NWOBHM band tygers of pan tang

moorcock influence is everywhere

:yes: Stormbringer's coming, time to die. He's got nothing you need. He's gonna make you bleed. :haz:

:notworthy: Ritchie :notworthy:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9vUbqx6Wzb8

yeah that's actually how I first found out who moorcock was because on wikipedia on the deep purple stormbringer page it's like DID YOU MEAN MICHAEL MOORCOCK'S blah blah blah and I was like oh this looks neat

yeah that's actually how I first found out who moorcock was because on wikipedia on the deep purple stormbringer page it's like DID YOU MEAN MICHAEL MOORCOCK'S blah blah blah and I was like oh this looks neat

I found him through friends back in the late 70s/early 80s who were into D&D.

yeah it seems like D&D fans are the only people who know moorcock and even then it's that late 70s/early 80s player you're talking about

I don't play D&D but I know people who play it and the younger fans are into all the boring new fantasy stuff that just rips off tolkien, when I mention moorcock or le guin or anything they just stare at me

http://images-eu.amazon.com/images/P/0330484559.02.LZZZZZZZ.jpg

A Heartbreaking Work of Staggering Genius, by Dave Eggers

Just started this.. .can't put it down. I found the beginning stuff kind of annoying, and mildly funny, but when the story actually started I am enjoying it. I find this is kind of like how Catcher in the Rye should have been.

Stephen King's 'It'.

Great book...I read this when it first came out...love the mini-series...it might be time to revisit this one.

I've got to the part where both the future and past versions of themselves are in the sewers.

Edited by Babycat
  • Like 1

Stephen King's 'It'.

Great book...I read this when it first came out...love the mini-series...it might be time to revisit this one.

I've got to the part where both the future and past versions of themselves are in the sewers.

I read it sometime between the Fall of 1986 and the Spring of 1987. I borrowed my college roommate's copy. Loved it.