The Human Centipede

Ya_Big_Tree

I found the first movie to be pretty conventional. When I watched the actually movie it was pretty tame compared to what I imagined it was going to be. In a lot of ways it was a parody on Horror movie cliches.

The sequel, however, seems to going too far.

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (ReRushed @ Jun 13 2011, 01:39 PM)
I found the first movie to be pretty conventional. When I watched the actually movie it was pretty tame compared to what I imagined it was going to be. In a lot of ways it was a parody on Horror movie cliches.

The sequel, however, seems to going too far.

There are actually 3 movies for this franchise planned with the 3rd slated to come out sometime next year.

If you guys watch the movie you'll realize it's like a "B" Movie. Def not a scary movie but the phenomenon is not something to just dismiss as South Park has already jumped on the bandwagon and parodied it in an episode called CentiPad that aired earlier this season.

Just because a movie is OTT (Over The Top) in terms of gore doesn't necessarily mean it's gonna suck or it's just gross for gross sake... I present Martyrs and High Tension as 2 fantastic movies that have a ton of gore.

It all depends on how it's presented to the audience... this film is OBVIOUSLY meant to be bad. So I suggest if you're curious, watch it. If the idea grosses you out then don't bother with it.

QUOTE (rushgoober @ Jun 13 2011, 06:22 PM)
Just because people can conceive of movies like this doesn't mean they should be made. Horribly disgusting, offensive and unnecessary IMHO.

That's the way I feel about Sex & the City! doh.gif

QUOTE (rushgoober @ Jun 13 2011, 03:22 PM)
Just because people can conceive of movies like this doesn't mean they should be made. Horribly disgusting, offensive and unnecessary IMHO.

Wondering if anyone bothered with my response/impression biggrin.gif

I could have just said something like this and added a couple of more lines.

QUOTE (RUSHHEAD666 @ Jun 14 2011, 03:08 AM)
Great movie although I wasn't shocked enough.

I am waiting for the "Squeakwell."  laugh.gif

Full disclosure, I've only watched clips of this movie. But if you weren't shocked enough by a movie where one person's mouth is stitched to another's anus, and where one person defecates into another person's mouth because of that connection, I can't conceive of a plot line that would shock you.

QUOTE (ReRushed @ May 25 2010, 09:16 PM)
Here's a clip where the good doctor explains his good intentions.

062802puke_prv.gif Beyond crass... 062802puke_prv.gif

...but somehow intriguing. ph34r.gif

My 15yo daughter just told me she's heard of it, and was told "...to never watch it..." by the boys on the bus.

For once I agree with them.

QUOTE (theredtamasrule @ Jun 14 2011, 10:05 PM)
I just breezed through it on Netflix...1 hour tooooooo long.

Not much gore at all, rather tame. Slow as hell. Rather boring except for the novel concept of sewing someone's mouth to someone else's ass.

Was the mad doctor character compelling, at least? In a demented sort of way?

QUOTE (1-0-0-1-0-0-1 @ Jun 14 2011, 08:15 PM)

Not much gore at all, rather tame. Slow as hell. Rather boring except for the novel concept of sewing someone's mouth to someone else's ass.

You should see it... it's pretty funny. In a "B" movie sorta way.

QUOTE (1-0-0-1-0-0-1 @ Jun 14 2011, 09:15 PM)

Dieter Laser was awesome as a weirdo sadist. But a rather slow moving, not in a big hurry, weirdo sadist.

And for halloween I predict lots of folks dressed in doctor coats wearing Ray Bans and sporting riding boots and crop. Your run of the mill "human centipede making mad scientist" garb.

One more thing: who the f**k were these actor's agents? Never in a million years will they be anything but "the human centipede"...careers over.

QUOTE (ReRushed @ Jun 15 2011, 09:24 PM)
QUOTE (invisible airwave @ Jun 13 2011, 02:11 PM)
Never seen it and don't plan to but the summary of it on Tosh.o is hilarious.

Warning: Spoilers! Enjoy!

Now that was worth watching!

laugh.gif

Ok, ok, ok...if you really want a gross, disturbing, over-the-top sick damn film then check out "SlaughteredVomitDolls" by Lucifer Valentine.

Disgusting and disturbing. I cruised through it on Netflix...couldn't actually watch the whole thing. Ew.

The Human Centipede is Mr. Roger's Neighborhood compared this.

QUOTE (theredtamasrule @ Jun 20 2011, 06:28 PM)
Ok, ok, ok...if you really want a gross, disturbing, over-the-top sick damn film then check out "SlaughteredVomitDolls" by Lucifer Valentine.

Disgusting and disturbing. I cruised through it on Netflix...couldn't actually watch the whole thing. Ew.

The Human Centipede is Mr. Roger's Neighborhood compared this.

Well, where it may be less disturbing, HC's idea is much more controversial.

I'm sure HC2 will take the best of both worlds (of SVD ad HC1) though.. With the barbed wire raping and all that good stuff..

http://www.haruhisuzumiya.net/haruhiforum/images/smilies/kyon-no-comment.gif