Rush getting paid $450,000

QUOTE (GotRush @ May 25 2010, 02:03 PM)
I don't think RUSH is going to do there typical 3 hour show @ the State Fair Gig.....

Somehow I don't think Rush would agree to compromise and shorten their set just to play the NY State Fair. They just aren't willing to do things like that.

Remember, they told the Vancouver Olympic Committee to get bent because they (Rush) didn't want to jump through all the required hoops in order to perform at the opening ceremonies.

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (GotRush @ May 25 2010, 01:03 PM)
QUOTE (Todem @ May 25 2010, 09:51 AM)
Ummmm talking about Rush here.....and on that note...Aerosmith puts on one hell of a live show...all energy and they also jam their ass's off be it not 3 hours....I believe you make as much as you can while the getting is good...who the hell are we to judge anyone in America on what they make...free country bro.

We all try to earn what we can. At least I know I work my ass off and try to make as much as I can as well in an honest manner. And there is nothing more honest than playing great music for your fans....it does not get any more honest than that.

Whether someone thinks a band has sucked since 1980 or not...it is quite obvious if Aerosmith can command a 1MM payday...they are doing something right.

I don't think RUSH is going to do there typical 3 hour show @ the State Fair Gig.....

Just cause Aerosmith can & get 1m for similar show doesn't mean they are doing anything right, just means they have kissed tons of ass to get universaly popular, they learned this trick during the late 80's & mtv era.

???

How much are tickets for this show ???

???

Here @ the state fair it's $ 12 .00 dollars & you get GA into the venue

They have about 1/3 reserved for like 20.00 extra

But RUSH isn't playing the Fair here . . . . .

Kissed ton's of ass? Ok then. I thought it was them selling millions of records...whether you like their music or not they have written a lot of hit songs since 1980 and have enjoyed their biggest commercial success in the late 80's and early 90's which has carried them this far.

I love their older material but some of the stuff starting with Permanent Vacation was pretty damm good. They have also written some total garbage....but every band has had some bad moments.

Again...they must be a draw to command that kind of money.

Edited by Todem

Aerosmith was good up to and including "Done with Mirrors". Anything from that shitty 1986 version of Walk This Way with Run DMC and after is terrible.

Hello,

It's all about commercial appeal and marketing. Records sold are one of a hundred ways to measure this, and it ties into their fee. Make no mistake: these fees are negotiated long in advance.

Needless to say, they are two totally different types of bands.

Who sells more beer? Bud or Dogfish Head?

I am not an Aerosmith fan. And Rush fans should acknowledge how Aerosmith shit on them in '70's.

As far as "no band is worth that much..." Wise up. Tell that to the thousands of rednecks who will be there.

There's always the "Walk This Way" video on tv...

wink.gif

Cheers!

QUOTE (upstateNYfan @ May 25 2010, 02:24 PM)
Hello,

It's all about commercial appeal and marketing. Records sold are one of a hundred ways to measure this, and it ties into their fee. Make no mistake: these fees are negotiated long in advance.

Needless to say, they are two totally different types of bands.

Who sells more beer? Bud or Dogfish Head?

I am not an Aerosmith fan. And Rush fans should acknowledge how Aerosmith shit on them in '70's.

As far as "no band is worth that much..." Wise up. Tell that to the thousands of rednecks who will be there.

There's always the "Walk This Way" video on tv...

wink.gif

Cheers!

I don't like the fact they shit on Rush....but they do have some great good old fashioned rock n roll.

Anywhoo.....it's all about Rush round these parts. And hell yes to getting a whopping 450K to jam...gotta love that.

I could never get into them. 1 million is impressive. Is that dancing nancy gonna be with them or is he still out after falling off the stage? Also, am I the only one who thinks that Joe Perry's guitar playing sounds like he is falling down the stairs while neutering a cat with a butter knife while neglecting a local anesthetic? I never understood the hype surrounding that guy.

QUOTE (LeaveMyThingAlone @ May 25 2010, 04:24 PM)
QUOTE (upstateNYfan @ May 25 2010, 03:01 PM)
It is documented in Contents Under Pressure. They were mocked and disrespected and generally shunned by slightly older Aerosmith, whereas KISS were classy all the way.

Kinda like what Rush did to Joan Jett? (allegedly)

I have a bit of a tough time believing Jett's account of that. She didn't enhance her credibility as a poor little picked-on struggling singer by bragging about peeing on Rush's equipment.

If that incident is indicative of her personality at the time, well, then, yeah. Don't expect all sweetness and light and offers of mentoring if you are behaving like a bitch.

I'm pretty confident they will do a full show at the NYS fair. The GS there has real seats and is pretty big. Have had big acts in the past, other than just the country acts. The fair has another free/GA stage inside the grounds for smaller acts and shorter shows. It's right by the Gianelli sausage stand -- which I highly recommend!!

QUOTE (iluvgeddy05 @ May 25 2010, 06:40 PM)
I'm pretty confident they will do a full show at the NYS fair.  The GS there has real seats and is pretty big.  Have had big acts in the past, other than just the country acts.  The fair has another free/GA stage inside the grounds for smaller acts and shorter shows.  It's right by the Gianelli sausage stand -- which I highly recommend!!

...across from the milk building (and between all the TV news setups). Really, that's the main area of the fair (where the main buildings are)

They have had some great shows at the free stage. I usually end up catching one a year.

I never knew how much they paid for the shows there, I never really cared. Rush is the first band that's interested me in a while there.

If I remember correctly the Grandstand can hold about 16,000 people or so. It starts at 8, so 3 hours would be about 11. I think the buses stop running at 11 (the ones that go to park and ride places scattered around CNY). The Fair closes at around midnight, I think (the buildings close at 10, everything else stays open for a while longer).

I doubt the set would have to be modified in any way. Especially since they have been advertising it as "An evening with Rush" like every other show.

Yeah, those Aerosmith tickets are insane. Most shows are $50/60 for the expensive seats.

QUOTE (iluvgeddy05 @ May 24 2010, 06:53 PM)
According to the Syracuse Post Standard:

http://www.syracuse.com/news/index.ssf/201...e_most_exp.html

Actually, the article is about Aerosmith being paid $1million to play the fair ohmy.gif but they list the other big acts.

Take it as you will. Personally, I feel they earn every penny but I know there are plenty others who think otherwise.

Not sure the dynamics of this "paycheck" and what they get from tickemaster, etc. No clue at all how it's broken up..

When I first saw the title of this thread, my first thought was, "That's all?!" Then I saw the Aerosmith reference and it made more sense. That's just how it goes in this industry. To someone like me, comparing the figures seem grossly unjust, but that's just how it is and I totally get it.

What pisses me off is that they're taking $450,000 to play at a fair, but passing on Indianapolis for the first time in their touring history. They added another show in Chicago too, and that frustrates me even more. We are about 300 miles south from there. Instead of adding another Chicago show, why not just play a show one state over? In a city you've been playing in your entire career? banghead.gif

And if I'm not mistaken, the Chicago venue is completely out in the open and on a lake. Again, I might be mistaken. What if there is a thunderstorm? Our venue is outside as well, but the pavillion has a roof at least. Score Out has mentioned in a previous thread that Indy isn't one of their bigger "draws" financially but still...

The Time Machine Tour is a big deal for some of us. I'm going regardless, but come on dude! I've read in one documentary where Indianapolis was one of their biggest draws at the beginning of their career and from what I've seen personally, the crowds haven't been dwindling over the years. Again, I love this band. Rush is MY band. Some of you might not see it my way. I guess I'm just frustrated.

I read a lot here. I read all the bitching and pissing and moaning about Rush just in it for a "paycheck". I always blow that shit off and I'll never believe that. Ever. But sometimes, I'll read some shit that makes me wonder. Any comments on this anyone? + or - , I'll take it....

QUOTE (Mara @ May 25 2010, 03:41 PM)
QUOTE (LeaveMyThingAlone @ May 25 2010, 04:24 PM)
QUOTE (upstateNYfan @ May 25 2010, 03:01 PM)
It is documented in Contents Under Pressure. They were mocked and disrespected and generally shunned by slightly older Aerosmith, whereas KISS were classy all the way.

Kinda like what Rush did to Joan Jett? (allegedly)

I have a bit of a tough time believing Jett's account of that. She didn't enhance her credibility as a poor little picked-on struggling singer by bragging about peeing on Rush's equipment.

If that incident is indicative of her personality at the time, well, then, yeah. Don't expect all sweetness and light and offers of mentoring if you are behaving like a bitch.

Personally we should all thank Joan Jett for that.

Legend has it that Alex picked up his guitar and- infuriated that it was now covered with every STD known to man- hit it as hard as he could, accidentally discovering his famous Hemispheres chord. And the rest is history.

So thank you, Joanie!

QUOTE (iluvgeddy05 @ May 24 2010, 05:53 PM)
According to the Syracuse Post Standard:

http://www.syracuse.com/news/index.ssf/201...e_most_exp.html

Actually, the article is about Aerosmith being paid $1million to play the fair ohmy.gif but they list the other big acts.

Take it as you will. Personally, I feel they earn every penny but I know there are plenty others who think otherwise.

Not sure the dynamics of this "paycheck" and what they get from tickemaster, etc. No clue at all how it's broken up..

Aerosmith 1Million?

Maybe Alex should do some heroin.

Oh, well, nice guys finish last, I guess.

QUOTE (Bonghitsforjesus @ May 26 2010, 09:05 PM)
QUOTE (New World Double Agent @ May 24 2010, 07:42 PM)
Rush should be getting the $1,000,000 instead of those homos.....

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA 2.gif

I'm sure not every homo is happy being compared to Aerosmith 062802puke_prv.gif

Anyway, Aeroshit was booked in The Netherlands for a venue of 40,000, but they had to move them because they sold only 7,000 tickets so far. laugh.gif

Rest my case.

I heard on XM radio that Aerosmith broke the record for a Payday at the fair. The record was Taylor Swift with $800,000 2 years ago rofl3.gif

QUOTE (metaldad @ May 24 2010, 06:19 PM)
That is a joke ,Aerosmith getting that payday

They're far more popular than Rush ever was though. It makes sense they would get paid twice as much as Rush, they'll draw a lot more ppl than Rush will.

QUOTE (trenken @ May 28 2010, 01:04 PM)

They're far more popular than Rush ever was though. It makes sense they would get paid twice as much as Rush, they'll draw a lot more ppl than Rush will.

It just gets me that they are really only in it for the money . They should try and hide it a little laugh.gif

It kind of looks like they get paid depending on how many people are in the band.

Rihanna is far more popular than Rush in todays music, and can easily draw a bigger crowd than them anywhere she plays, shes pretty much the new madonna, hit after hit for years now, yet shes getting 200k, because its just her and a bunch of no name musicians and dancers behind her. Rush is getting 450k for 3 guys.

Makes sense I guess.

QUOTE (metaldad @ May 28 2010, 01:05 PM)
QUOTE (trenken @ May 28 2010, 01:04 PM)

It just gets me that they are really only in it for the money . They should try and hide it a little laugh.gif

It's a job, they earned it whether you like them or not. You think Rush is going on tour because they love it? We know damn well Neil hates it, Geddy has said its not easy for him to pull his ass off the tennis court to go on tour.

They want to get paid. It's a business. They're still raking in 450k. That's a hell of a lot for 3 guys, even if it needs to be split up for other things, if they walk away with 50k each for 3 hours of work, thats a kick ass pay day.