Losing It

Solitudeix

I think they should play it.

They could really jam out the solo part, and make it mega heavy too. There are really heavy chords in that song that would be even heavier were they to exploit the heaviness.

wub.gif

I would love to hear it, but it will never happen

Ben Mink's violin is just too important to play this song without it. It's all over the song, not just during the solo section. Sure, some parts could be sampled and triggered (which would be cheesy, IMO), but I don't see Alex replacing that violin solo with a guitar solo.

QUOTE (1-0-0-1-0-0-1 @ May 18 2010, 08:39 PM)
Ben Mink's violin is just too important to play this song without it. It's all over the song, not just during the solo section. Sure, some parts could be sampled and triggered (which would be cheesy, IMO), but I don't see Alex replacing that violin solo with a guitar solo.

yeah i agree. its one of my favorite Rush songs, but i dont think it will be done.

QUOTE (skalamander2112 @ May 18 2010, 11:09 PM)

yeah i agree. its one of my favorite Rush songs, but i dont think it will be done.

Eraserhead!!

QUOTE (1-0-0-1-0-0-1 @ May 18 2010, 09:39 PM)

It's mostly synth, so it could be done, but too B-side for it to be showcased.

QUOTE (mazyyz @ May 18 2010, 10:43 PM)
QUOTE (skalamander2112 @ May 18 2010, 11:09 PM)

Eraserhead!!

laugh.gif yep

I always wondered why they never had Ben Mink come out for a guest spot and do this song live on like a special occasion. Maybe they could've done it for the GUP live album or something. I wonder if that ever even occurred to them

I truely believe it's one of Rush's finest moments! The song could be done but it would take many triggers and much synchronization with Neil! But if they could pull of Time Stand Still, they could pull this off as well!

I will not rest till Rush Plays Losing it!

old.gif

QUOTE (Pause Rewind Replay @ May 19 2010, 12:46 PM)
It's a great song, but i don't want to hear it because it's soooo depressing.

Having a trio of nearly 60-year-old guys play a song about the inevitable disintegration of aging does not sound like a recipe for good vibrations.

I think that is an angle that could give so much more power to the song.

It is so realistic as to be edgy in a way that I dont think they have been in a long time ...if ever.

Especially if they push it to the limits of modern sound (heaviness and all that).

yes.gif

QUOTE (trenken @ May 20 2010, 09:01 PM)
This song is way too dull to play live. Half the place would hit the john or go on another beer run.

I would stay and love it.

I am not concerned with the concept of pumping a crowd when it comes to feeling that I would like to hear a certain song live or not.

Edited by Solitudeix

The bell tolls for thee - I would love to hear Losing It live. I wouldn't care how many triggers or gimmicks it would take to pull it off. Every song doesn't have to tear the roof off. Yes I like Rivendell too.

QUOTE (trenken @ May 21 2010, 03:01 AM)
This song is way too dull to play live. Half the place would hit the john or go on another beer run.

So you pay a lot of money to see a 2.gif concert, and when they play something extraordinary, you're going to take a piss???? banghead.gif