*POSSIBLE SPOLIER* The Camera Eye Will Be...

QUOTE (Solitudeix @ May 3 2010, 08:06 PM)
boooooo....

eh.gif

but yeah, its better than no Camera Eye...

I hope, like previously stated, that Jacob will still have mostly all of his Ladder and that all the light will stream down in bright unbroken beams so I can follow mens eyes as they look to the skies.

unsure.gif

I want the intro, the verse, the guitar solo, the jam with an awesome taurus pedal riff in the background, a fade, the synth part in the middle with the unbroken beams, the palm muted guitar riff, the build-up to the awesome F# hits, and then the ending. NO LESS! (and I want all the repeats in there too)

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Last time I heard it, it was the shortened version on the New World Tour, and it was fantastic. That and the great, shorter version theyve done with NS in the past leads me to believe everything will be just fine this time around biggrin.gif Edited by greg2112

QUOTE (jesse2112 @ May 3 2010, 06:45 PM)
so they lied to us when they said they'd play Moving Pictures in its entirety

Yes. And No.

If you want to be a legalistic, word parsing geek... yes, A, G, N lied.

If you want to be realistic and realize that all studio songs are changed so that they translate well into the live performance... You'll hear a live version of Moving Picture in its entirety.

File this under "get over it"

QUOTE (hazlnut @ May 3 2010, 07:54 PM)

1022.gif

yeah I don't really care about it too much, I know that they're not big on playing this song live and they did give us what we want so we should still be grateful

I honestly expected The Camera Eye to be a little shortened, so Im not all that bummed out. Either way, it IS The Camera Eye, and even trimmed up a bit, it's STILL gonna rock! 1022.gif Hell...it worked for Natural Science, didn't it? wink.gif

I had that same thought! If they cut parts out of the song then they have NOT played MP in its entirety. In all fairness I don't think that is nick picking. It's just the truth. I hated the way they shortened Natural Science and now I expect I'll hate how they shorten TCE.

How about cutting the drum solo down by a couple minutes?! Seriously! It's enough already! (I may be in the minority on this one.)

QUOTE (TheBluePhoenix @ May 4 2010, 08:53 AM)

I had that same thought! If they cut parts out of the song then they have NOT played MP in its entirety. In all fairness I don't think that is nick picking. It's just the truth. I hated the way they shortened Natural Science and now I expect I'll hate how they shorten TCE.

How about cutting the drum solo down by a couple minutes?! Seriously! It's enough already! (I may be in the minority on this one.)

You are. Be thankful you're getting it at all. And it's nitpicking, not nick picking.

QUOTE (hazlnut @ May 3 2010, 08:54 PM)

applaudit.gif

Excellent post.

Seriously, who gives a damn. I doubt it will be shortened THAT much. Plus, I would rather them trim a bit off of it, and help make way for another 3 minute classic to be played, like say...

SOMETHING FOR NOTHING!

IMO, this is no big deal. It's still going to be played, and I will enjoy every shortened minute of it! 1022.gif

QUOTE (TheBluePhoenix @ May 4 2010, 09:53 AM)

Clearly, abridging TCE should be an offense punishable by firing squad. eyesre4.gif

QUOTE (spitball @ May 4 2010, 09:33 AM)
I've always loved TCE, but this is one song I prefer abridged a bit live. The Signals tour version is very good...except it was played a little too fast.

Agreed. They'll probably just Natural Science it. It's one of their best songs but at times it plods along. I wouldn't mind them doing it the way they did on the Signals Tour or pulling a Natural Science. If it makes room for more music, then so be it.

People need to get a grip. They'll piss and moan now, hear it on Opening Night, and then say how incredible it sounds.

Like metaldad so eloquently put it, "get over it."

They nip and tucked Digital Man as well for the S&A tour and I didn't hear too many complaints. Also, for years they played 2112 abridged only to finally play it in it's entirety 20 years later on the T4E tour. I'm sure what they do to TCE will be fine and most fans will love it.

I remember seeing them on the New World tour in Birmingham England and TCE was great, even though it was shorter. Though as said before, it was played too fast.. Alex had a terrible time coming out of the solo and had to stop and wait to pick up the beat again.

Matt

QUOTE (KillerInstinct @ May 5 2010, 08:44 PM)
Who cares, its the Camera Eye. And anyway, you only really notice the difference if you pay attention. So, don't pay to much attention to it wink.gif

goodpost.gif

QUOTE (shaun3701 @ May 5 2010, 02:52 PM)
I'll have to hear it first... if its butchered too much, I'll be pretty disappointed.

And i am Sure the band will be very upset that you are not happy

QUOTE (metaldad @ May 5 2010, 09:02 PM)
QUOTE (shaun3701 @ May 5 2010, 02:52 PM)
I'll have to hear it first... if its butchered too much, I'll be pretty disappointed.

And i am Sure the band will be very upset that you are not happy

yeah, we already know they don't give a shit about their fans!