*POSSIBLE SPOLIER* The Camera Eye Will Be...

...cut. Yes, that's right. Boasting to play Moving Pictures "in its entirety" is now indirectly deemed false by Alex himself.

Here's a clip from an interview with Alex Lifeson on 93.3 WMMR, Allentown:

QUOTE (Alex Lifeson)
... The problem with 'Camera Eye' is it's a very long song and it takes up a great deal of time; but we've reconciled that by including it in this presentation. I think we might do a little bit of nip-and-tucking. We've been listening to it and there are areas where we can drop one cycle of this particular part or that part and it would really be missed, and just streamline it a little bit. Having listened to it, it's not difficult. It's incredible how quickly these things come back -- you make it up to be such a big obstacle until you actually sit down and play it, and your hands just naturally go to their proper positions after a few times through. It'll be fun putting it together for sure. ...
http://i168.photobucket.com/albums/u195/Number-4/Icons/winamp.gif Listen Here

He basically reiterates the same thing is this interview from 95.1 WZZO:

QUOTE (Alex Lifeson)
... We listened to 'Camera Eye' and ... we've never really been into it. It's a long song, takes up about 10 minutes, so we've kind of avoided that. We thought with this kind of presentation, obviously we have to include it. We went back and listened to 'Camera Eye' and we did a little bit of nip-and-tucking, because after 30 years, we feel it could use it. It'll make it a little more interesting for us to play, and I really doubt that fans will notice much of a difference. ...
http://i168.photobucket.com/albums/u195/Number-4/Icons/winamp.gif Listen Here
Edited by Show Don't Tell

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I wanted to hear the whole song in its entirety as well... I will notice any cutting done to it despite what they say. However, I'm guess I'm just satisfied with the fact that they are playing it all...

Well, in all the times I heard Natural Science, I don't remember Geddy singing the verse "Art as expression..." Maybe he did, but sure not on any of the last 4 tours.

Check your DVDs...how many of you missed it? I did, because that is one of my favorite verses. But, I still almost had the big "O" when I heard it live the first time! ohmy.gif Which I am sure will be the case when I hear TCE!

The only way it would be better is if I didn't know it was coming! wink.gif

Edited by Rushchick10

QUOTE (Rushchick10 @ May 3 2010, 04:48 PM)
Well, in all the times I heard Natural Science, I don't remember Geddy singing the verse "Art as expression..."  Maybe he did, but sure not on any of the last 4 tours.

They did that verse (I believe) back when they originally played it, but it's been cut ever since they brought the song back on the Test for Echo tour. However, they also repeated "wheels within wheels" unlike the studio version or the older live versions, which I don't completely understand. I still don't know why they dropped that verse, unless Alex can't play the solo, which I don't think is the case.

boy Al really likes that nip tuck phrase doesn't he?

I'm a little bothered, but it may just be a here and there type of thing. I'll notice, but it'll still be awesome. 1022.gif

QUOTE (Rushchick10 @ May 3 2010, 04:48 PM)
Well, in all the times I heard Natural Science, I don't remember Geddy singing the verse "Art as expression..." Maybe he did, but sure not on any of the last 4 tours.

Check your DVDs...how many of you missed it? I did, because that is one of my favorite verses. But, I still almost had the big "O" when I heard it live the first time! ohmy.gif Which I am sure will be the case when I hear TCE!

The only way it would be better is if I didn't know it was coming! wink.gif

I do miss it! I love that verse and it sucks that they don't play it anymore. (They did back in the 80's) But it's alright, they kind of make up for it by adding another "wheels within wheels" verse and playing the intro chords another time before the verse starts. It's not bad.

But with the Camera Eye.... sad.gif I was really looking forward to hearing the entire song. Big BIG let-down.

And god I really hope they don't f**k with Jacob's Ladder too much scared.gif

DAMMIT! This is yet another case of Rush NOT listening to their fans. Who cares if THEY dont like playing it? It's about us, the fans! Not them and what they enjooy

Those bastards.....so selfish.

I bet NEIL has something to do with this, just because he hates us

Edited by LeaveMyThingAlone

QUOTE (LeaveMyThingAlone @ May 3 2010, 04:34 PM)
DAMMIT! This is yet another case of Rush NOT listening to their fans. Who cares if THEY dont like playing it? It's about us, the fans! Not them and what they enjooy

Damn right! Neil is such a prick. I bet it was his idea to shorten it in the first place.

QUOTE (LeaveMyThingAlone @ May 3 2010, 05:34 PM)
DAMMIT! This is yet another case of Rush NOT listening to their fans. Who cares if THEY dont like playing it? It's about us,  the fans! Not them and what they enjooy

Neil from the documentary: "No, you can't tell us what to do, and no, we don't care. wink.gif"

Nip and Tuck is better than No Camera Eye at all

Wrong Alex. The fans will notice and they will come here and unload about all the nipping and tucking abuse to their favorite song.

I knew that it would be circumcised somehow, just as long as they keep the epic guitar solo I can (and will) allow them to continue their heresy of "touching up" classics like Natti Sci and TCE.

trink38.gif

QUOTE (metaldad @ May 3 2010, 05:03 PM)
Nip and Tuck is better than No Camera Eye at all

yes.gif

Come on...we all know that they REALLY didn't want to play that song, and the fact that they are doing the whole Moving Pictures thing JUST to play that song is a testament to their devotion to their fans. Sure, I would LOVE to hear TCE unabridged, but I agree...nip-and-tuck beats no TCE at all!

QUOTE (fonzbear2000 @ May 3 2010, 05:10 PM)
They played the all of 2112 which is twice as long. I don't see why they have to cut this short.

Because Neil hates you cool.gif

QUOTE (fonzbear2000 @ May 3 2010, 05:10 PM)
They played the all of 2112 which is twice as long. I don't see why they have to cut this short. Oh well, it'll still be great to see it live.

they enjoyed playing 2112...they clearly are not big fans of TCE, and are doing it because as Alex says "they have to" as part of the concert schtick

boooooo....

eh.gif

but yeah, its better than no Camera Eye...

I hope, like previously stated, that Jacob will still have mostly all of his Ladder and that all the light will stream down in bright unbroken beams so I can follow mens eyes as they look to the skies.

unsure.gif