Should Rush bring out Kim Mitchell for Battlescar?

Since Rush is celebrating the 30th anniversary of Moving Pictures, the song

was also performed on that particular tour.

I think Rush should bring out Kim Mitchell for the song at the Toronto show, since it is also 30 years and film it for a DVD extra.

Anyone agree?

QUOTE (RushFanForever @ Apr 15 2010, 12:13 AM)
The way I see it is that Rush and Max Webster did the song together in the studio, so why shouldn't Mitchell be brought out to do the song?

goodpost.gif new_thumbsupsmileyanim.gif Excellent idea! No doubt! I say go ahead even further and bring out the whole Max Webster band for Battlescar. Since it was on the Moving Pictures tour that Max Webster broke up (I know since I saw Rush and was told by a roadie that the reason Max Webster was not there was because they broke up the night before), they should invite the line-up of Kim Mitchell, Dave Myles, Terry Watkinson and Gary McCracken to open up the show (at least Toronto) and do an hour set. Would be great! common001.gif

QUOTE (Earthshine @ Apr 15 2010, 02:31 PM)
QUOTE (RushFanForever @ Apr 15 2010, 12:13 AM)
The way I see it is that Rush and Max Webster did the song together in the studio, so why shouldn't Mitchell be brought out to do the song?

goodpost.gif new_thumbsupsmileyanim.gif Excellent idea! No doubt! I say go ahead even further and bring out the whole Max Webster band for Battlescar. Since it was on the Moving Pictures tour that Max Webster broke up (I know since I saw Rush and was told by a roadie that the reason Max Webster was not there was because they broke up the night before), they should invite the line-up of Kim Mitchell, Dave Myles, Terry Watkinson and Gary McCracken to open up the show (at least Toronto) and do an hour set. Would be great! common001.gif

Don't think many folks would be interested in MW opening. However, it COULD work as a sort of warm-up thang...i.e. Kim Mitchell & gang playing for an hour (as you stated) at Lifeson's Orbit Room the night before the RUSH gig.

QUOTE (RushFanForever @ Apr 14 2010, 06:29 PM)
Since Rush is celebrating the 30th anniversary of Moving Pictures, the song 'Battlescar' was also performed on that particular tour.

I think Rush should bring out Kim Mitchell for the song at the Toronto show, since it is also 30 years and film it for a DVD extra.

Anyone agree?

I was joking on my last post. I think it would be pretty kewl if they did that! wink.gif

Whether you want to see them perform this live or not, I don't see it happening.

Kim apparently has some jealousy issues or something, on his radio show in Toronto apparently he's taken a few jabs at Rush. If I remember correctly someone even asked Geddy about this and Geddy said he had no idea WTF his problem could be.

Even on a CLASSICS tour, even IF they played nothing later that Power Windows there would still be awesome vintage Rush tunes they will not be able to make time for. That being said I'm against "wasting time" on Max Webster tracks or Alex & Geddy solo stuff for that matter.

*shrugs*

QUOTE (Godeater2112 @ Apr 15 2010, 01:54 PM)
Whether you want to see them perform this live or not, I don't see it happening.

Kim apparently has some jealousy issues or something, on his radio show in Toronto apparently he's taken a few jabs at Rush. If I remember correctly someone even asked Geddy about this and Geddy said he had no idea WTF his problem could be.

Even on a CLASSICS tour, even IF they played nothing later that Power Windows there would still be awesome vintage Rush tunes they will not be able to make time for. That being said I'm against "wasting time" on Max Webster tracks or Alex & Geddy solo stuff for that matter.

*shrugs*

well they could play one more song than usual and then no one is short changed?

i say any deviation from a rigid set list is to be encouraged. to be in attendance of a show where a song is played just once during the tour is cool with me.

while i am all for it think the chances of it occurring is zero.

QUOTE (tangy @ Apr 15 2010, 02:58 PM)

Kim apparently has some jealousy issues or something, on his radio show in Toronto apparently he's taken a few jabs at Rush.  If I remember correctly someone even asked Geddy about this and Geddy said he had no idea WTF his problem could be.

Even on a CLASSICS tour, even IF they played nothing later that Power Windows there would still be awesome vintage Rush tunes they will not be able to make time for.  That being said I'm against "wasting time" on Max Webster tracks or Alex & Geddy solo stuff for that matter.

*shrugs*

i say any deviation from a rigid set list is to be encouraged. to be in attendance of a show where a song is played just once during the tour is cool with me.

But what if they decide to alternate BATTLESCAR and SUMMERTIME BLUES!?

*shriek*

z7shysterical.gif

QUOTE (Godeater2112 @ Apr 15 2010, 02:05 PM)
QUOTE (tangy @ Apr 15 2010, 02:58 PM)

Kim apparently has some jealousy issues or something, on his radio show in Toronto apparently he's taken a few jabs at Rush.  If I remember correctly someone even asked Geddy about this and Geddy said he had no idea WTF his problem could be.

Even on a CLASSICS tour, even IF they played nothing later that Power Windows there would still be awesome vintage Rush tunes they will not be able to make time for.  That being said I'm against "wasting time" on Max Webster tracks or Alex & Geddy solo stuff for that matter.

*shrugs*

But what if they decide to alternate BATTLESCAR and SUMMERTIME BLUES!?

*shriek*

z7shysterical.gif

i would rather have them bust out bob and doug for take off than endure summertime blues again. cool10.gif battle scar is superior to anything on feedback imo.

QUOTE (Godeater2112 @ Apr 15 2010, 02:54 PM)

*shrugs*

I did not know about Kim Mitchell having some sort of closeted angst towards Rush. Huh. I have watched/listened to his interviews with all three of them several times and never saw any sign of underlying jealousy. Interesting.

Nah, they need to stick with Rush songs... but I was listening to Battlescar the other day and absolutely love the early 80s Rush sound that it has. What a great snapshot. Edited by greg2112

QUOTE (RushFanForever @ Apr 16 2010, 08:51 AM)
QUOTE (tangy @ Apr 15 2010, 12:08 PM)
wow, such a great song. its my recollection that all 3 members of rush played on that tune.  Sounds like an outtake from PW or MP.

It isn't an outtake. The song is on the album Universal Juveniles by Max Webster, which was the band's last album before they split up.

I am well aware of that. What I said is that it "sounds" like an outtake and I still think it does.