Mick Mars Is Actually A Guitarist Born On Earth!

RUSHHEAD666

As A Skilled Guitarist, I Think that Mick Mars Is  

24 members have voted

1. 1. As A Skilled Guitarist, I Think that Mick Mars Is

• A Piece Of Shit!
    • A Very Average Guitar Player!
    • A Very Skilled Guitarist With Some Great Blues Chops! Totally Underrated!
    • Mick Mars? His Name Is Robert Deal! He Sucks..........
    • Primus Sucks!

It's been a while since being back in California, but I have a million polls and threads stored up inside my "Simple Mind." LOL!

Anyway, thanks to "Hot Tub Time Machine" I had to put on "Theatre Of Pain" tonight.

Some say this record was a BUST! Or simply put, a bomb.

I absolutely love it!

"City Boy Blues" is a great fukking tune!

Well, "Home Sweet Home" is in "Hot Tub Time Machine." So Is "Kickstart My Heart." confused13.gif

So growing up as a teen in the Eighties I was always a hardcore Crue fanatic but I always thought that Mick Mars, I mean Robert Deal was the "Weakest Link!"

Now my tune has totally changed. I think Mars is a great fukking guitarist who never got his due thanks to the other THREEGOS.

Mick was the oldest Cruester too, so he really didn't fit in with the other guys and their drug infused antics.

I feel sorry for Mick these days with that spinal cord fusion issue. At least Mick can still shred on the guitar with his fingers. It's just sad to watch him stand there like a zombie playing that six stringed serpent.

I would trade in all the money, wealth and pussy on the planet for a healthy spinal cord. Wouldn't you?

Glad to be part of this Forum to represent the OLD SCHOOL HARD ROCK AND METAL SHIT!

Somebody has to do it!

"KEEP YOUR EYE ON THE MONEY" BITCHES!!!

Time for another ice cold brewski!!!!

Motley Crue RULES!!!

trink39.gif

Earl!...welcome back dude!...this is what im talking about...who else would start a thread about Mick friggin Mars! laugh.gif ....i always thought he was a solid guitarist who wrote some cool hard rock riffs early on, but suffered after the first few albums. I think he would have had a more respectable career if he wasnt surrounded by all the insanity of the Crue.

QUOTE (Xanadoood @ Apr 11 2010, 10:12 AM)
Earl!...welcome back dude!...this is what im talking about...who else would start a thread about Mick friggin Mars! laugh.gif ....i always thought he was a solid guitarist who wrote some cool hard rock riffs early on, but suffered after the first few albums. I think he would have had a more respectable career if he wasnt surrounded by all the insanity of the Crue.

I agree...He never got the respect he desreved because of the band mates he was saddled with. By that I mean when you hear Motley Crue, the last name I think of is Mick Mars.

QUOTE (Ya_Big_Tree @ Apr 11 2010, 12:40 AM)
Mick Mars kicks f***ing ass and is TOTALLY underrated as a guitarist.

I agree.

The funny thing is: I grew up hating Crue until just a few years ago when I actually listened to their shit and not only appreciated but marvelled at Mick's mad fretboard skills.

I'd have to put him somewhere in my top 7 guitar players of all time list.

QUOTE (RUSHHEAD666 @ Apr 11 2010, 01:22 AM)
It's been a while since being back in California, but I have a million polls and threads stored up inside my "Simple Mind." LOL!

Anyway, thanks to "Hot Tub Time Machine" I had to put on "Theatre Of Pain" tonight.
Some say this record was a BUST! Or simply put, a bomb.
I absolutely love it!

"City Boy Blues" is a great fukking tune!

Well, "Home Sweet Home" is in "Hot Tub Time Machine." So Is "Kickstart My Heart." confused13.gif

So growing up as a teen in the Eighties I was always a hardcore Crue fanatic but I always thought that Mick Mars, I mean Robert Deal was the "Weakest Link!"

Now my tune has totally changed. I think Mars is a great fukking guitarist who never got his due thanks to the other THREEGOS.

Mick was the oldest Cruester too, so he really didn't fit in with the other guys and their drug infused antics.

I feel sorry for Mick these days with that spinal cord fusion issue. At least Mick can still shred on the guitar with his fingers. It's just sad to watch him stand there like a zombie playing that six stringed serpent.

I would trade in all the money, wealth and pussy on the planet for a healthy spinal cord. Wouldn't you?

Glad to be part of this Forum to represent the OLD SCHOOL HARD ROCK AND METAL SHIT!

Somebody has to do it!

"KEEP YOUR EYE ON THE MONEY" BITCHES!!!

Time for another ice cold brewski!!!!

Motley Crue RULES!!!

trink39.gif

I agree with you 100%. He and Nikki Sixx are the reason I listen to Crue. The whole of 'Dr. Feelgood' was underated as far as his playing went, and Nikki can write some real primal songs. Tommy Lee is passable, and Vince is passable. Great music to drink to, imho.

I think Mick is similar to Ace Frehley. Neither one is a fretboard wizard, but both were/are perfect fits for their bands. Micks riffs are a huge part of the Crue's songs and they wouldn't be the same without them. Same with Ace and KISS.

There is just something about the style of each guitarist that clicks with that particular band.

QUOTE (Snowdog @ Apr 12 2010, 04:27 PM)
I think Mick is similar to Ace Frehley. Neither one is a fretboard wizard, but both were/are perfect fits for their bands. Micks riffs are a huge part of the Crue's songs and they wouldn't be the same without them. Same with Ace and KISS.

There is just something about the style of each guitarist that clicks with that particular band.

yes.gif

QUOTE (Snowdog @ Apr 12 2010, 03:27 PM)

I dunno, after revisiting 'The Dirt' again, I have been listening to some Motley lately. Mick is better than I remembered him. I love old KISS, especially Ace, but Mick is better than Ace. To tell you the truth, Ace is a hack with a few cool tricks in his bag. Its funny we're discussing these two, becaue in 'The Dirt' Mick mentions a few times his utter hatred for KISS. He has always hated them.

QUOTE (GeddyLeeRoth @ Apr 13 2010, 06:10 PM)
Its funny we're discussing these two, becaue in 'The Dirt' Mick mentions a few times his utter hatred for KISS. He has always hated them.

Interesting, never knew that. I know Sixx loved them.

Motley Crue is candy ass bullshit. trink36.gif

sorry, I just find them extremely weak. atickhum.gif

but to each his own. trink36.gif

I like Mick. His skills are limited. He'll never be considered one of the greats, but he does what he does pretty well. I've nothing against the man or his playing...and I commend him for working hard despite all his physical ailments. That's admirable.

QUOTE (GeddyLeeRoth @ Apr 13 2010, 12:10 AM)
QUOTE (Snowdog @ Apr 12 2010, 03:27 PM)

I dunno, after revisiting 'The Dirt' again, I have been listening to some Motley lately. Mick is better than I remembered him. I love old KISS, especially Ace, but Mick is better than Ace. To tell you the truth, Ace is a hack with a few cool tricks in his bag. Its funny we're discussing these two, becaue in 'The Dirt' Mick mentions a few times his utter hatred for KISS. He has always hated them.

I think Ace has a more signature style though. I find it harder to pinpoint Mars, which isn't a bad thing at all. But I can pick out Ace anywhere and it has to do with his picking style and phrasing. It's unmistakable. Ace also has a far better guitar tone...(tho' no doubt Dr. Feelgood will kick my ass every time).

Edited by Presto-digitation

QUOTE (Steevo @ Apr 13 2010, 02:33 AM)
Its funny we're discussing these two, becaue in 'The Dirt' Mick mentions a few times his utter hatred for KISS. He has always hated them.

Gave them their break too. Mick might not like them, but Kiss has taken lots of bands out on their first jaunts....and ought to respect that.

QUOTE (Presto-digitation @ Apr 14 2010, 09:06 AM)

Gave them their break too. Mick might not like them, but Kiss has taken lots of bands out on their first jaunts....and ought to respect that.

Absolutely. Kinda strange to absolutely hate on them wacko.gif

QUOTE (Presto-digitation @ Apr 13 2010, 04:06 PM)

Mick Mars can suck my nuts. KISS > Motley Crue on KISS' worst day.

To my complete embarrassment, I had to Google this guy, thinking: "Who the heck is he?!" :o Then I realized he's from Mötley Crüe and I thought: " :facepalm: " !