Neil shares insight into upcoming plans

Phantom

• Replies 142
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This article shows exactly why Neil Peart sucks.

"It would matter a lot to our fans for us to have that validation. It doesn't matter to me. I've got the success and respect that we've had, and the opportunity to do exactly what we wanted for 35 years, do we need them to make us feel better? No, not at all."

Can you believe this is the attitude he has about his fans? So ungrateful...

By Neil saying "Do we need them..." he's not referring to the fans, but the RRHoF...

I think Neil is stating that he's vindicated by the bands success -- which is only measured by us, the fans.

So who needs the RRHOF? Certainly not us and certainly not Rush.

Just my 2 cents.

QUOTE (Jag2112 @ Mar 25 2010, 03:48 PM)
By Neil saying "Do we need them..." he's not referring to the fans, but the RRHoF...

I think Neil is stating that he's vindicated by the bands success -- which is only measured by us, the fans.

Just my 2 cents.

You are totally correct. Hes talking about the Hall, not the fans.

QUOTE (Jag2112 @ Mar 25 2010, 03:48 PM)

Just my 2 cents.

Exactly.

QUOTE (ReRushed @ Mar 25 2010, 03:53 PM)
Why are you guys sticking up for Neil Peart?

because he is a part of Rush. and he is cool because he drives motorcycles and does drums solos and he looks like Keanu Reeves in this picture:

http://www.cygnus-x1.net/links/rush/images/albums/vaportrails-a.jpg

thats basically it

QUOTE (ReRushed @ Mar 25 2010, 03:53 PM)
Why are you guys sticking up for Neil Peart?

Because you misinterpreted his words and made him out to be a d***head when he's clearly talking about the RRHOF and NOT the fans.Seriously do you lose sleep over the fact that Neil Peart doesn't think about you when he's drifting off to sleep.

Neil owes you shit.

Okay, I got out of hand! I'm being totally sarcastic and facetious with some of my Neil Peart posts. He gets ripped on by some on this board, so I post sarcastic responses agreeing with them. But I don't! Oh yeah, Neil Peart sucks!

In fact, he says the band plans to do pre-production on two new songs in the coming weeks, with a tour possibly following.

"We're going to put those (songs) together and if they turn out well, we'll maybe even release them (on their own)," he said. "We're saying, what if we do a little songwriting and then a little touring to play those songs, and then get back to the songwriting again? It would be an interesting way to shake up our usual way.

"There's nothing I can confirm yet ... these things are immensely complicated and so much involved, all I can say is that we're considering that."

QUOTE (ReRushed @ Mar 25 2010, 04:10 PM)
Okay, I got out of hand!  I'm being totally sarcastic and facetious with some of my Neil Peart posts.  He gets ripped on by some on this board, so I post sarcastic responses agreeing with them.  But I don't!  Oh yeah, Neil Peart sucks!

Haha! Well then I apologize for my knee jerk curmudgeonly response.I get it now.

I had been wondering whether your anti-Neil posts were tongue in cheek or not.

But seriously Neil Peart owes us nothing.In fact he's been pretty generous to his fans over the years.

QUOTE (Tony R @ Mar 25 2010, 02:16 PM)
In fact, he says the band plans to do pre-production on two new songs in the coming weeks, with a tour possibly following.

"We're going to put those (songs) together and if they turn out well, we'll maybe even release them (on their own)," he said. "We're saying, what if we do a little songwriting and then a little touring to play those songs, and then get back to the songwriting again? It would be an interesting way to shake up our usual way.

"There's nothing I can confirm yet ... these things are immensely complicated and so much involved, all I can say is that we're considering that."

Yeah, F*CK the RRHOF thing.

TWO SONGS? WE'VE BEEN WAITING ALL THIS TIME FOR TWO F*CKING SONGS?

If they turn out well, they MAYBE release them? Jeez, don't do us any favors guys. sarcasm.gif

God, I hope that's not true - MONUMENTALLY dissapointing if it is. 3 years since the last album, and then we get TWO songs before another tour?

Two words:

CASH GRAB!

QUOTE (oldphilly @ Mar 25 2010, 05:18 PM)
QUOTE (ReRushed @ Mar 25 2010, 04:10 PM)
Okay, I got out of hand!  I'm being totally sarcastic and facetious with some of my Neil Peart posts.  He gets ripped on by some on this board, so I post sarcastic responses agreeing with them.  But I don't!  Oh yeah, Neil Peart sucks!

Haha! Well then I apologize for my knee jerk curmudgeonly response.I get it now.

I had been wondering whether your anti-Neil post were tongue in cheek or not.

But seriously Neil Peart owes us nothing.In fact he's been pretty generous to his fans over the years.

Tongue planted firmly in cheek.

Note to Neil:

f**k releasing two tracks. Preview a few new songs and ideas on the road, get back into the studio in the Autumn (Fall) and gives us a nice 40 minute album for the New Year. Then do a full tour including Europe.

QUOTE (ReRushed @ Mar 25 2010, 05:10 PM)
Okay, I got out of hand! I'm being totally sarcastic and facetious with some of my Neil Peart posts. He gets ripped on by some on this board, so I post sarcastic responses agreeing with them. But I don't! Oh yeah, Neil Peart sucks!

Y'know, I knew this. I wanted to see how far it would go before someone else got it and called you out on it! laugh.gif

SLAM on Joan Jett!

Alexisonfire drummer Jordan Hastings says he figures it's inevitable.

"I wouldn't be surprised if it happened within the next couple of years," he said. "I mean, Joan Jett's in the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame. I don't know why the hell she's there. I would say Rush definitely deserves to be there more than she does.

Guess she's going to have to hit up one of the tour venues this summer and pee on more of Rush's equipment.

Greedy Lee suggested they had six new songs they "are happy with" in that interview the other day, so why only toss out two?

...and echoes with the sounds of salesmen....

QUOTE (ReRushed @ Mar 25 2010, 01:46 PM)
This article shows exactly why Neil Peart sucks.

"It would matter a lot to our fans for us to have that validation. It doesn't matter to me. I've got the success and respect that we've had, and the opportunity to do exactly what we wanted for 35 years, do we need them to make us feel better? No, not at all."

Can you believe this is the attitude he has about his fans? So ungrateful...

laugh.gif

His attitude SUCKS!

Just like his drumming........

QUOTE (daveyt @ Mar 25 2010, 03:09 PM)
i would be ok if rush released two songs and did a little tour.

Some possible names for this tour:

MP3 DOWNLOAD TOUR

THREE YEARS ONLY TWO SONGS TOUR

CASH GRAB 2010-2011 TOUR

SNAKES & ARROWS TOUR - 2010 LEG

QUOTE (ReRushed @ Mar 25 2010, 09:10 PM)

Oh really? I never noticed biggrin.gif

QUOTE (Jag2112 @ Mar 25 2010, 08:48 PM)

Just my 2 cents.

whoosh!

Archived