Neil shares insight into upcoming plans

Phantom

QUOTE (trenken @ Mar 26 2010, 09:01 AM)
I wont even read his stories on his site anymore. First of all its some of the most boring shit ive ever read, secondly he clearly has no desire to talk about Rush. I dont care about what this guy likes to do in his spare time, he's a nobody to me outside of what he does in Rush, so if he wants to be a dick outside the band, fine with me.

I'm only interested in his writings if they concern Rush too, but I don't think he's a dick or anything. He's entitled to live his life the way he wants it, and for those who do want more of him, he has written a zillion books and blogs, so it's not like he's secretive. He might be the most open member of the group. He just doesn't do meet and greets or many interviews. So? I only care about his music, so that's just fine with me.

• Replies 142
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I guess the reason he do so many book related interviews, is because his publishing house "force" him. Without publicity, your book dies within few weeks. I released a book in october last year, and i had no control over the book release at all. It`s expected that you do the interviews, signings etc you`re offered. He`s big in the music world, but small when it comes to books. I guess he`s doing what he told.

QUOTE (treeduck @ Mar 26 2010, 04:21 AM)
RUSH FAN: My God...what kind of man are you???
NEIL: I am a man, like any other...

goodpost.gif trink39.gif

I know somebody who forced himself upon Neil and said, "MAN! You're GREAT! You showed and taught me SO MUCH!!!!!!!!!!!!" Neil completely ignored him and looked straight ahead then said, "I showed you and taught you nothing."

Sorry folks, like it or not, that's how Neil is with his fans who he considers "strangers". yes.gif

QUOTE (Earthshine @ Mar 26 2010, 06:56 PM)

goodpost.gif trink39.gif

I know somebody who forced himself upon Neil and said, "MAN! You're GREAT! You showed and taught me SO MUCH!!!!!!!!!!!!" Neil completely ignored him and looked straight ahead then said, "I showed you and taught you nothing."

Sorry folks, like it or not, that's how Neil is with his fans who he considers "strangers". yes.gif

don't forget the guy who found out what hotel room neil was staying in and left him a 6 pack by his door. he than called neil's room and asked him if he got the beer. he told neil that they can be best friends now.

too many friggin weirdos out there and i can't say i blame neil for shunning the fans or not wanting to converse or get involved.

QUOTE (ReflectedLight @ Mar 26 2010, 07:00 PM)
QUOTE (Earthshine @ Mar 26 2010, 06:56 PM)

goodpost.gif trink39.gif

don't forget the guy who found out what hotel room neil was staying in and left him a 6 pack by his door. he than called neil's room and asked him if he got the beer. he told neil that they can be best friends now.

too many friggin weirdos out there and i can't say i blame neil for shunning the fans or not wanting to converse or get involved.

well, at least we "know" Neil well enough to not do any stupid crap like that...

QUOTE (Earthshine @ Mar 26 2010, 04:56 PM)

goodpost.gif trink39.gif

Maybe the key phrase in there is "forced himself upon Neil." Maybe he felt under those circumstances that he didn't have to be nice. confused13.gif

I'm just sayin'...

QUOTE (ReRushed @ Mar 25 2010, 02:24 PM)
QUOTE (oldphilly @ Mar 25 2010, 05:18 PM)
QUOTE (ReRushed @ Mar 25 2010, 04:10 PM)
Okay, I got out of hand!  I'm being totally sarcastic and facetious with some of my Neil Peart posts.  He gets ripped on by some on this board, so I post sarcastic responses agreeing with them.  But I don't!  Oh yeah, Neil Peart sucks!

Haha! Well then I apologize for my knee jerk curmudgeonly response.I get it now.

I had been wondering whether your anti-Neil post were tongue in cheek or not.

But seriously Neil Peart owes us nothing.In fact he's been pretty generous to his fans over the years.

Tongue planted firmly in cheek.

Cheek firmly planted in tongue.......................

QUOTE (RUSHHEAD666 @ Mar 26 2010, 10:10 PM)
Okay, I got out of hand!  I'm being totally sarcastic and facetious with some of my Neil Peart posts.  He gets ripped on by some on this board, so I post sarcastic responses agreeing with them.  But I don't!  Oh yeah, Neil Peart sucks!

Haha! Well then I apologize for my knee jerk curmudgeonly response.I get it now.

But seriously Neil Peart owes us nothing.In fact he's been pretty generous to his fans over the years.

How are those beers going down?

QUOTE (ReRushed @ Mar 26 2010, 10:16 PM)

laugh.gif

QUOTE (Earthshine @ Mar 26 2010, 07:56 PM)

goodpost.gif trink39.gif

"I can't pretend a stranger is a long awaited friend...." It's in the f**king lyrics! It should be no shock that Neil is the way he is!

...and I can't blame him!

For you guys who like to think that Neil's antisocial nature precluded him from ever wanting to fame in the first place- Do you think that if he knew (from his original audition) he'd become fabulously famous and wealthy he would never have signed on with Rush? He distinctly knew the world/lifestyle of a rockstar before ever becoming one. The problem is that he deeply desired all these "great" things and then once he got everything he yearned for he decided to change his tune.

QUOTE (rushgoober @ Mar 26 2010, 09:10 PM)
QUOTE (Earthshine @ Mar 26 2010, 04:56 PM)

goodpost.gif trink39.gif

Maybe the key phrase in there is "forced himself upon Neil." Maybe he felt under those circumstances that he didn't have to be nice. confused13.gif

I'm just sayin'...

Oh, I agree. trink39.gif

The guy forced himself upon him when Neil was trying to leave after a concert. It was very obvious that Neil wanted to get out of there and get out of there fast. And you should never force yourself on anyone.

QUOTE (ReRushed @ Mar 26 2010, 07:16 PM)

HAHAHAHA!! laugh.gif

This post is perfect proof that I really don't need to drink beer to play left field for Geddy's baseball team!

I didn't crack my first brewski tonight until after 8 pm!!! LOL!!

I just opened my fifth Pacifico right now though. Check the time.

wacko.gif tongue.gif wacko.gif

Time to get laid.........

I don't know why Neil even bothers to sit behind a kit any more. his fans are the hardest people on the planet to please and half of them think he's a dick.

QUOTE (RUSHHEAD666 @ Mar 27 2010, 01:57 AM)
QUOTE (ReRushed @ Mar 26 2010, 07:16 PM)

HAHAHAHA!! laugh.gif

This post is perfect proof that I really don't need to drink beer to play left field for Geddy's baseball team!

I didn't crack my first brewski tonight until after 8 pm!!! LOL!!

I just opened my fifth Pacifico right now though. Check the time.

wacko.gif tongue.gif wacko.gif

Time to get laid.........

Ooga Chaka Ooga Ooga, Ooga Chaka...

Archived