What is your favorite Muse studio Album  

61 members have voted

1. 1. What is your favorite Muse studio Album

• Showbiz
    • Origin of Symmetry
    • Absolution
    • Black Holes and Revelations
    • The Resistance

QUOTE (CygnusGal @ Oct 16 2012, 06:13 AM)
I like the new album very much and more with each listen. Fantastic.

I put Panic Station on my phone and I'm driving everyone crazy with it. I can't get enough of that song. I'm still making my way through the albums so I can't pick a favorite yet.

I have to say that after several listens, the track "Madness" has grown on me slightly....SLIGHTLY..

I hated the song when I first heard it, now I can say that I "don't particularly care for" the track... (difference between a "2" and a "4.5")... though the last 3rd of the song is very good, and keeps the track from being an outright skip.

I got my Muse tickets in the mail the other day. I'm really excited about the show, even though it isn't until April.

I need to do lots of homework on this band so I know the material at the show. I'm looking forward to my lessons.

smile.gif

My wife and I love Muse.....we landed 2 awesome seats for the show in Sunrise Florida right on the side of the stage 20 rows up. Perfect spot!

We are very pumped to see them for the very first time live.

After initially not liking the first few early release tracks I must say I love the new album.

Love it!

Even Madness. Yes....even Madness. Muse does it again. That is 4 in a row for me. 4 great albums from a tremendous band.

Can't wait to see them live.

Finally!!!

Lately, I'm really enjoying Supremacy - I can't get the song out of my head; the strings are phenomenal. 2nd Law: Unsustainable was a little too synthy at first for me, but it has really grown on me.

Enjoy the show, Hatchetaxe&saw. default/smile.png

Lately, I'm really enjoying Supremacy - I can't get the song out of my head; the strings are phenomenal. 2nd Law: Unsustainable was a little too synthy at first for me, but it has really grown on me.

Enjoy the show, Hatchetaxe&saw. default/smile.png

WHAT A SHOW!!!!!!!!! Oh my God, it was amazing. Best stage set-up I've ever seen. Insane. Crowd was also insane. Insane.

WHAT A SHOW!!!!!!!!! Oh my God, it was amazing. Best stage set-up I've ever seen. Insane. Crowd was also insane. Insane.

I'll be seeing MUSE in the spring, it will be my first time, and I can hardly wait. Hey Hatchetaxe&saw, if you have time please give more info. Was it just Muse performing, or were there other musicians involved? How much 2nd Law did they do? What about the rest of their repetoire? Thanks for any comments.

I've been watching a few videos of Muse lately, and all I can say is that Matt Bellamy is a freakin' monster. I love watching the guy preform. He's a fantastic musician.

I'll be seeing MUSE in the spring, it will be my first time, and I can hardly wait. Hey Hatchetaxe&saw, if you have time please give more info. Was it just Muse performing, or were there other musicians involved? How much 2nd Law did they do? What about the rest of their repetoire? Thanks for any comments.

SPOILER!!! SETLIST!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Awesome setlist, Panic Station is NUTS live! Support act was Everything Everything, they were ok. On stage for Muse were the 3 guys, embellished by Morgan Nicholls on keyboards and some percussion. They played for 2 hours.

• Like 1

That setlist and show sound fantastic. I am *so* looking forward to April.

Thanks for the information.

Giving the thread a bump for the Grammy nom yesterday (2nd Law and Madness). I hope they both win.

:bump:

:bump:

What with the Grammy's coming up, I thought I'd give some love to a three piece band that I *love* that didn't get shut out http://www.freesmileys.org/smileys/smiley-sad017.gif

And here's a metal groove for treeduck. Kicks in at 3:36-ish.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WnJz4eUV5qM

I saw Muse last October, and they were incredible! However, I was diappointed with the new album, with two exceptions: Survival and Unsustainable, the latter of which they opened with and was the highlight of the show. Here's how I'd rank the albums:

1. Black Holes And Revelations

2. The Resistance

3. Absolution

4. Origin Of Symmetry

5. Showbiz

6. The 2nd Law

The Resistance is so unfairly treated. It's amazing beyond words!

Muse just posted this video yesterday. It is a time lapse film showing the stage setup while Supremacy is playing. I thought it was really cool.

Next month for me! :haz:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nX7xNCwrRZM

I first heard Muse on a top 40 station playing "Uprising" and dug it. I bought The Resistance and a couple of older tunes (supermassive black hole, hysteria) on I Tunes after seeing their seaside concert from England on Palladia. My oldest daughter fell in love with "Madness" and bought 2nd Law, and I"ve been listening to it ever since. A fantastic album! Anyway, on Sunday my daughter told me that Muse was playing at the United Center in Chicago the next day, so, on a whim, I bought some tix on stubhub and we went on one days notice! A spectacular concert! The best live show I've seen since Vapor Trails in Milwaukee.

if anyone gives a rats ass, tickets for the second leg of the tour went on sale today. got mine for the car lot show.

Muse have added dates to The 2nd Law World Tour:

September 3 | Charlotte, North Carolina | Time Warner Cable Arena | Get Tickets

September 4 | Atlanta, Georgia | Gwinnett Arena | Get Tickets

September 6 | Nashville, Tennessee | Bridgestone Arena | Get Tickets

September 8 | Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania | Consol Energy Center | Get Tickets

September 9 | Philadelphia, Pennsylvania | Wells Fargo Center | Get Tickets

September 11 | Washington, District of Columbia | Verizon Center | Get Tickets

September 17 | Denver, Colorado | Pepsi Center | Get Tickets | Get Tickets

September 19 | Salt Lake City, Utah | EnergySolutions Arena | Get Tickets

So, I saw the concert in Boston last night. I don't go to many concerts these days, Rush is about it. I really have no interest in seeing nostalgia acts, so it was very interesting to see a concert crowd for a current band. There were many enthusiastic, young faces. The crowd was far less...er...fragrant than Rush's audience. Certainly, a lot less grey hair than you see at a typical Rush show. The openers were good. They were from Scotland and had a folksy feel incorporated into some hard driving and straight ahead rock and roll. I don't recall their name.

Muse puts on a fantastic show. There were "tips of the hat" to Zeppelin (Heartbreaker), The Animals (House of the Rising Sun), Simon and Garfunkel (The 59th St. Bridge Song). The sound was typical for an arena. We were straight back from the stage on the lower balcony at stage height and had an excellent view of the breadth of the show. The stage was large and open with a drum riser and a riser on each side of the stage. The stage is astounding as it is one giant video screen made up of many components. My favorite visual of the evening was Matt Bellamy's grand piano with a clear top displaying LED lights for the notes he was playing. Watching the progression of the chord forms through the songs was mesmerizing. :o

All in all, it was a wonderful show and one that is definitely worth seeing. :ebert:

• Like 1