What is your favorite Muse studio Album  

61 members have voted

1. 1. What is your favorite Muse studio Album

• Showbiz
    • Origin of Symmetry
    • Absolution
    • Black Holes and Revelations
    • The Resistance

Absolution is where it's at. Every song is a gem, and it feels like a concept album.

QUOTE (The Owl @ Jun 6 2012, 07:51 PM)
Dubstep?  Awww Come on!

wtf.gif

goodpost.gif

I love Muse but I don't think I'm going to get this album. The Resistance is a good album and I understand that they don't want to repeat themselves but why the f**k would they want to play dubstep?? Seems like a cash grab to me since dubstep is popular right now. Oh well...

Guys, you have to remember that Muse are a band that continuously experiment. I don't think that you can conclude from a sample of one song what the whole album will be like. It might be all dubstep but I doubt that'll be the case. That said, the clip didn't excite me very much but Muse is one of my all-time favorite bands and I'm very eager to hear what this album is about.

QUOTE (adace1 @ Jun 7 2012, 03:10 AM)
Guys, you have to remember that Muse are a band that continuously experiment. I don't think that you can conclude from a sample of one song what the whole album will be like. It might be all dubstep but I doubt that'll be the case. That said, the clip didn't excite me very much but Muse is one of my all-time favorite bands and I'm very eager to hear what this album is about.

True. I'll give it a chance. I was just surprised that they'd venture into dubstep. It seemed like they were just doing it because its popular right now.

People are thinking the whole album's going to be dubstep based on a 30 second sample?! Reality check: There's 1:30 of some thrilling strings on the trailer. That's just as much an indication as the dub part.

Honestly, those 30 seconds sound exciting. Take out the robot and it just sounds like an outro riff the band would play live, and they do that at least five times a concert. The Resistance, as good as it was, sounded a little tired and stale as if Muse were going through the motions. Some fresh sounding riffs are going to be good. It's rock, with a little twist. Sounds a lot like a band we all know and love.

QUOTE (Mandalorian Hunter @ Jun 12 2012, 03:49 PM)
People are thinking the whole album's going to be dubstep based on a 30 second sample?! Reality check: There's 1:30 of some thrilling strings on the trailer. That's just as much an indication as the dub part.

Honestly, those 30 seconds sound exciting. Take out the robot and it just sounds like an outro riff the band would play live, and they do that at least five times a concert. The Resistance, as good as it was, sounded a little tired and stale as if Muse were going through the motions. Some fresh sounding riffs are going to be good. It's rock, with a little twist. Sounds a lot like a band we all know and love.

goodpost.gif

It's really not the end of the world if there's a bit of dubstep influence on the record, anyways. It's not like we're all strangers to the idea of a three-piece rock band experimenting with the electronic music motifs of the day.

QUOTE (toscanobarga @ Jun 12 2012, 08:10 PM)
Saw them live for the first time on their last US tour.

Meh.

Great music. Pretty lights. Zero stage presence.

Queen without the charisma.

As much as I loved seeing them two years ago, I have to agree. Dom was the only one who spoke to the crowd at all, and he didn't even say that much. Maybe they're more friendly at home in the UK...? That, or they wanted to get the hell out of Atlanta as soon as possible laugh.gif

It seems like the new song has had a really polarizing effect. People mostly either love it or hate it. I for one like it quite a bit despite its flaws (cliched/simplistic lyrics, the beginning part, the end part). It has a great Queen-like sound and some cool guitar work. It's probably their most over the top song yet, but it still sounds like Muse. If I had to compare to their previous work, I'd say it's a mix between The Resistance and Origin of Symmetry.

Didn't mind the Olympic song (not a fan but didn't hate it)

but the new track... "Madness" is terrible... is this really the same band that recorded "Origin of Symmetry" and "Absolution"?

Ill go ahead and post a link but here's your epic suck warning.

There's experimentation and not wanting to be stagnant as a band, and there's this garbage of a song. Changing is always welcome but then theres throwing everything you've done out the door. Muse releasing this song is like Rush releasing a Jazz album, Iron Maiden recording a synth pop track, Genesis doing Death Metal, or KISS doing a disco song (oh, wait that one did happen, and it sucked too)