What is your favorite Muse studio Album  

61 members have voted

1. 1. What is your favorite Muse studio Album

• Showbiz
    • Origin of Symmetry
    • Absolution
    • Black Holes and Revelations
    • The Resistance

Muse is a breath of fresh air amidst the 'music' being shoved down our throats these days. From what I have seen on TV, their stage show is amazing!

I saw them for the first time on their first leg of this tour...

It was amazing, the most elaborate setup for a show that I've ever seen, without sacrificing the music... in fact the setup enhanced it.

QUOTE (The Owl @ May 5 2010, 11:43 AM)
I saw them for the first time on their first leg of this tour...

It was amazing, the most elaborate setup for a show that I've ever seen, without sacrificing the music... in fact the setup enhanced it.

I agree, it was elaborate but not too obnoxious.

Best show I have ever been too. As far as stage set-up/performance went, it tops all so far.

1) Black Holes

2) Absolution

3) The Resistence

4) Origins

Never heard Showbiz...need to get that.

A brilliant band....I have yet to see them live (missed my chance when they were a support act for a band I don't remember and they played in Sunrise Florida). I really hope they find their way down into Florida because my wife and I will go anywhere in our home state to see them.

I can't stand the Radiohead comparison. Yes they have a similar approach to some songs and the such....but Muse are way more powerful. I loved 2 records from Radiohead...The Bends and OK Computer...then they went somewhere I did not want to go. Just got really drugged out wierd for the sake of being wierd...once they went away from guitar driven songs I had enough.

Muse on the other hand is an Epic band with big songs and amazing vocals and chops.

LOVE THEM!!!

Edited by Todem

QUOTE (nappy2112 @ May 5 2010, 07:48 PM)
I heard Muse on Pop radio today.

If it gets one or two listeners to go out and buy Origin of Symmetry and Absolution, I have no problem with it.

QUOTE (Ultra @ Apr 14 2010, 06:01 PM)
QUOTE (exciteable_one311 @ Apr 14 2010, 04:50 PM)
i really dont care for their new stuff,  but man gotta love their old albums

Showbiz is a great debut

Origin of Symmetry reminds me so much of Rage Against the Machine musically at times

and Absolution is just a masterpiece start to finish.  that album has so many highlights and climaxes.  i love listening to that album in the dark

so pissed I missed their tour this year

Don't feel too bad. They had to postpone their Denver show and indicated that the make up date will be on October 2nd. I highly doubt that they are going to fly all the way across the ocean to play a single US tourdate in the middle of Autumn unless they plan on putting on a fall tour.

I anticipate them coming back to the states later in the year.

http://muse.mu/news/article/634/denver-show-postponed/

Yeah and the change of venue sucks. They were supposed to play in a 3000 seat venue. The Pepsi Center is much bigger. 1287.gif

QUOTE (Mandalorian Hunter @ May 14 2010, 06:04 AM)
I know this is only a 30 second-clip, but Muse just lost me. Oh, Matt, where did it all go wrong. I blame it on your shameless 'we'll do anything to conquer America' quest. No offence, Americans. Stupid Twilight. I'm going to be raging for the rest of today now.

http://buzzworthy.mtv.com/2010/05/13/30-se...-video-eclipse/

Yea that was pure pop shit. At least they didn't release that song on an actual album. It makes me feel better that it was releases solely for the movie's sake. But I still wished it was never released at all lol. Those crappy twatlight movies exposing Muse to the wrong kind of 'fans' IMO

I'm waiting until they release the entire song to hear it. Like I've said before... hopefully one or two listeners go back and buy their back catalog. Sadly, the majority will just be all like MUSE <333333 for this one song. Oh well.

QUOTE (Xanadu93 @ May 14 2010, 04:48 PM)
I'm waiting until they release the entire song to hear it. Like I've said before... hopefully one or two listeners go back and buy their back catalog. Sadly, the majority will just be all like MUSE <333333 for this one song. Oh well.

Yea I don't want to judge the song too much until I hear the whole thing. And I agree hopefully SOME will buy their back catalog but sadly I doubt most will.

Edited by Xanadude69

QUOTE (tick @ Mar 14 2010, 06:06 PM)
don't even know who they are.

I didn't either until about eighteen months ago...now I'm a fan - especially after seeing them in concert - WOW! It's hard to describe their sound, but they definitely have Queen-type rock opera elements throughout - especially the newer stuff. One of the great things about seeing them live, aside from the spectacular lighting/graphics show they've become known for, is at the end of maybe 5 or 6 songs, they'll go off on a little 1.5-2 minute prolonged 'nasty' jam session that is just great to watch and listen to.

Like Rush, they take their music seriously, but not themselves and they like to have fun with it all. ONE OF THEIR HEADBANGERS 1022.gif

QUOTE (GeddyLeefan2112 @ Jun 23 2010, 10:28 AM)
Starlight: Great song OR greatest song?

Discuss.

(bump)

QUOTE (bigalfan @ Jun 23 2010, 09:35 AM)
QUOTE (tick @ Mar 14 2010, 06:06 PM)
don't even know who they are.

I didn't either until about eighteen months ago...now I'm a fan - especially after seeing them in concert - WOW! It's hard to describe their sound, but they definitely have Queen-type rock opera elements throughout - especially the newer stuff. One of the great things about seeing them live, aside from the spectacular lighting/graphics show they've become known for, is at the end of maybe 5 or 6 songs, they'll go off on a little 1.5-2 minute prolonged 'nasty' jam session that is just great to watch and listen to.

Like Rush, they take their music seriously, but not themselves and they like to have fun with it all. ONE OF THEIR HEADBANGERS 1022.gif

I have yet to see them but agree with the rest of the post.

Check them out Tick!

QUOTE (GeddyLeefan2112 @ Jun 23 2010, 03:28 PM)

Discuss.

Ok, coming from the perspective of a long-timer; where's the none of the above option?

Starlight is a good song, but it's the worst on BHaR and SHOULD have been dropped for any one of the B-Sides - Easily, Glorious or Crying Shame. To suggest that it's Muse's greatest song, well, that's just absurd. And before you counter with the opinion argument, opinion doesn't even come into it! To say Starlight is Muse's greatest song is wrong. Plain, flat-out wrong!!!

Of course, I'm typing slightly tongue-in-cheek above, but I am curious of the reasons you'd consider Starlight their greatest song, above the other songs universally recognised as awesome.

QUOTE (Mandalorian Hunter @ Jun 23 2010, 11:40 AM)

Discuss.

Ok, coming from the perspective of a long-timer; where's the none of the above option?

Starlight is a good song, but it's the worst on BHaR and SHOULD have been dropped for any one of the B-Sides - Easily, Glorious or Crying Shame. To suggest that it's Muse's greatest song, well, that's just absurd. And before you counter with the opinion argument, opinion doesn't even come into it! To say Starlight is Muse's greatest song is wrong. Plain, flat-out wrong!!!

Of course, I'm typing slightly tongue-in-cheek above, but I am curious of the reasons you'd consider Starlight their greatest song, above the other songs universally recognised as awesome.

Of course my post wasn't meant to be completely serious... I just happen to really be digging Starlight right now. My favorite song by Muse is probably Knights of Cydonia. cool.gif

I don't think there is a universally "greatest song ever" by any band. I think every individual person has their favorites.

QUOTE (GeddyLeefan2112 @ Jun 23 2010, 04:50 PM)
QUOTE (Mandalorian Hunter @ Jun 23 2010, 11:40 AM)

Discuss.

Of course my post wasn't meant to be completely serious... I just happen to really be digging Starlight right now. My favorite song by Muse is probably Knights of Cydonia. cool.gif

I don't think there is a universally "greatest song ever" by any band. I think every individual person has their favorites.

I think you misunderstood me. I didn't claim there was a universal 'greatest song ever' for Muse. Just that those songs that every Muse fan loves are also the songs that would be voted ahead of aforementioned song 90 to 95% of the time.

Besides, your question asked if it was the greatest which means we move away from opinions and into the realms of universal acclaim, majority votes and whatnot.

Plus, regardless of individual opinion, Starlight isn't the greatest Muse song. wink.gif

"Invincible" is probably my favorite Muse song right now, and one of their best.... Matt Bellamy owns the guitar in that song

and is it just me, or does the beginning of that song remind anyone else of Syd Barrett's guitar style

Edited by The Owl

Put simply, nothing gets better than Citizen Erased when it comes to Muse. It's near impossible to put into words how life-altering that song was to my 13 year old self.

The riff, the soft part at the end and the effect on the soft part, the lead part, the chorus, Matt's vocals. Gah, everything about this song screams 'Incredible'. That, along with Ruled By Secrecy, gets my vote for greatest Muse song.

Is "Starlight" the greatest Muse song ever? No, but I like it a lot, and it's amazing in concert. Hearing the entire crowd sing it in unision at the show blew my mind.

Anyways, I guess if I had to pick one favorite song, I'd pick "Butterflies and Hurricanes". Four others (so I can make it a top five) would be "Knights of Cydonia", "New Born", "Plug in Baby", and "Sunburn", I guess. BH&R is still my favorite album, followed by a tie between Origin of Symmetry and Absolution. However, Showbiz has edged out The Resistance because of the awesomeness of "Sunburn", the bluesy "Falling Down", the spookiness of "Showbiz", and the beauty of "Unintended".