• Showbiz
    • Origin of Symmetry
    • Absolution
    • Black Holes and Revelations
    • The Resistance

QUOTE (The Owl @ Mar 20 2010, 10:08 PM)
This is cool

MUSE - Live At SXSW Presented By Myspace Music
After a week-long promotion of on-air teases on the FOX show "Human Target," it was announced during the show tonight that Muse will be playing a show presented by MySpace Music at the South by Southwest music festival in Austin, Texas. The show is this Friday, March 19 at Stubb's. Doors open at 7:30 PM and Metric will open.

The show will be open to SXSW badge holders and MySpace Music will additionally provide a replay of the concert on myspace.com/muse beginning on Sunday, March 21st.

This will mark the most intimate venue that Muse will play on their current tour. If you can't be there, be sure to check back to myspace.com/muse  on Sunday for footage from this once-in-a-lifetime event.

I am defiantly checking this out tomorrow, I think alot of you should too....don't know how long it will be up

they are showing a 16 minute clip now at that site. rolling stone has the setlist up on its site as well.

QUOTE (tangy @ Mar 21 2010, 10:17 AM)
QUOTE (The Owl @ Mar 20 2010, 10:08 PM)
This is cool

MUSE - Live At SXSW Presented By Myspace Music
After a week-long promotion of on-air teases on the FOX show "Human Target," it was announced during the show tonight that Muse will be playing a show presented by MySpace Music at the South by Southwest music festival in Austin, Texas. The show is this Friday, March 19 at Stubb's. Doors open at 7:30 PM and Metric will open.

The show will be open to SXSW badge holders and MySpace Music will additionally provide a replay of the concert on myspace.com/muse beginning on Sunday, March 21st.

This will mark the most intimate venue that Muse will play on their current tour. If you can't be there, be sure to check back to myspace.com/muse  on Sunday for footage from this once-in-a-lifetime event.

I am defiantly checking this out tomorrow, I think alot of you should too....don't know how long it will be up

they are showing a 16 minute clip now at that site. rolling stone has the setlist up on its site as well.

They were supposed to have the whole show......but a disclaimer before the vid said their audio f*cked up............bummer sad.gif

But it said they will have a full show from the tour on the site later on......that's cool

QUOTE (tangy @ Mar 14 2010, 02:35 PM)
I have recently bought Absolution and The Resistance. I really have not fully digested either disc yet but voted for the resistance. Definitely like both of them though.

I still like the resistance but after several more listens now prefer absolution.

QUOTE (The Owl @ Mar 13 2010, 06:02 PM)
Surprised to see there is no official MUSE thread here yet, with all the love the band gets........so I made one.......

I am saddened that I am as of only a few months ago just discovering this amazing band........but am glad I am seeing them in just a couple of days biggrin.gif biggrin.gif

--------------------------------------------

My favorite album is so far "Absolution", just utter fantastic! (BH&R is a close second) Though I still need to pick up their first album, and the live album.

Good for you Owl!

I won't read your review until after I see then out here in Oakland next month.

So far I know nothing about the set or the stage!!

"The Resistance" is IT for me!

Hope you had a mindblowing experience.

Earl

QUOTE (RUSHHEAD666 @ Mar 27 2010, 06:03 AM)
Surprised to see there is no official MUSE thread here yet, with all the love the band gets........so I made one.......

I am saddened that I am as of only a few months ago just discovering this amazing band........but am glad I am seeing them in just a couple of days  biggrin.gif  biggrin.gif

My favorite album is so far "Absolution", just utter fantastic! (BH&R is a close second)  Though I still need to pick up their first album, and the live album.

Good for you Owl!

Earl

I'll give you a spoiler on the stage set-up;

IT.

IS.

AWESOME.

QUOTE (Mandalorian Hunter @ Mar 27 2010, 09:43 PM)
QUOTE (RUSHHEAD666 @ Mar 27 2010, 06:03 AM)

I am saddened that I am as of only a few months ago just discovering this amazing band........but am glad I am seeing them in just a couple of days  biggrin.gif  biggrin.gif

My favorite album is so far "Absolution", just utter fantastic! (BH&R is a close second)  Though I still need to pick up their first album, and the live album.

Good for you Owl!

Earl

I'll give you a spoiler on the stage set-up;

IT.

IS.

AWESOME.

This is true. yes.gif

I just bought HAARP... very good live album, the DVD was really great as well (though the video editing I didn't care too much for, minor grievance)...

I still need Showbiz, Hullabaloo soundtrack

QUOTE (The Owl @ Apr 14 2010, 05:10 PM)
I just bought HAARP... very good live album, the DVD was really great as well (though the video editing I didn't care too much for, minor grievance)...

By video editing you mean constant cutting? If so, get used to that because Muse love it, even on the special videos they usually send out to fans.

QUOTE (Mandalorian Hunter @ Apr 14 2010, 12:53 PM)

By video editing you mean constant cutting? If so, get used to that because Muse love it, even on the special videos they usually send out to fans.

It didn't bother me that much, but when you are in the middle of a guitar solo, I would expect at least 30 seconds on the guitarist without cutting away...

Not the guitarist, the drummer, the audience, wideshot, extreme closeup, outside the venue, then back to the guitarist all within the 30 second span.....

Cutting is not that bad, but way overused on the HAARP dvd.

QUOTE (The Owl @ Apr 14 2010, 03:58 PM)
QUOTE (Mandalorian Hunter @ Apr 14 2010, 12:53 PM)

It didn't bother me that much, but when you are in the middle of a guitar solo, I would expect at least 30 seconds on the guitarist without cutting away...

Not the guitarist, the drummer, the audience, wideshot, extreme closeup, outside the venue, then back to the guitarist all within the 30 second span.....

Cutting is not that bad, but way overused on the HAARP dvd.

yea I hate when any band does that. As a guitarist I especially like long close ups on the guitarist, especially during solos.

i really dont care for their new stuff, but man gotta love their old albums

Showbiz is a great debut

Origin of Symmetry reminds me so much of Rage Against the Machine musically at times

and Absolution is just a masterpiece start to finish. that album has so many highlights and climaxes. i love listening to that album in the dark

so pissed I missed their tour this year

QUOTE (exciteable_one311 @ Apr 14 2010, 04:50 PM)
i really dont care for their new stuff, but man gotta love their old albums

Showbiz is a great debut

Origin of Symmetry reminds me so much of Rage Against the Machine musically at times

and Absolution is just a masterpiece start to finish. that album has so many highlights and climaxes. i love listening to that album in the dark

so pissed I missed their tour this year

Don't feel too bad. They had to postpone their Denver show and indicated that the make up date will be on October 2nd. I highly doubt that they are going to fly all the way across the ocean to play a single US tourdate in the middle of Autumn unless they plan on putting on a fall tour.

I anticipate them coming back to the states later in the year.

http://muse.mu/news/article/634/denver-show-postponed/

The more I think about it, and the more I listen I think I want to change my vote to "The Resistance"

as mentioned previously "Absolution" has some of the best tracks in Muse history right at the beginning, but the last few tracks give an otherwise spectacular album a lackluster finish.

"Origin of Symmetry" is a solid album, but there are only a few "standout" tracks IMO

"BH&R" is a great album, with an occasional bump, and one massive pothole (I cannot stand Supermassive Blackhole WTF were they thinking there?) Listening to this album is like driving a Lamborghini at 100 down a barren desert road, and having to slow down every so often when your police radar detector goes off.... The drive was great, but the small things got away from making it a perfect experience.

"The Resistance" is the most solid and consistent album they have IMO, every song is solid, and none I would label "Bad" they went musically where they have not before.... and there are far fewer standouts than in other albums, there is no slow down either, no real bumps in the road.... and is the most uniform album... therefore grabbing my vote change.

Yeah, but apart from Exogenesis, The Resistance is just that: Solid. MK and Unnatural are good, but they're the best of a lacklustre bunch, and the other songs wouldn't have got onto the first three albums at all.

Owl, think carefully. Yeah, it's consistent, but there are no strong songs like PIB, SS, New Born, B&H etc on this album!

New North American tour dates, in case you guys haven't seen them.

Sept. 22 - Viejas Arena, San Diego, California

Sept. 23 - Honda Center, Anaheim, California

Sept. 25 - Staples Center, Los Angeles, California

Sept. 28 - Arco Arena, Sacramento, California

Oct. 1 - Santa Ana Star Arena, Rio Rancho, New Mexico

Oct. 2 - Pepsi Center, Denver, Colorado

Oct. 5 - Target Center, Minneapolis, Minnesota

Oct. 6 - Bradley Center, Milwaukee, Wisconsin

Oct. 8 - Ford Center, Oklahoma City, Oklahoma

Oct. 21 - Pepsi Coliseum, Quebec City, Quebec

Oct. 23 - Nassau Coliseum, Uniondale, New York

Oct. 24 - Prudential Center, Newark, New Jersey

Oct. 26 - RBC Center, Raleigh, North Carolina

Oct. 27 - John Paul Jones Arena, Charottesville, Virginia

Nov. 2 - Sprint Center, Kansas City, Missouri

Nov. 3 - Scottstrade Center, St. Louis, Missouri

Nov. 5 - Schottenstein Center, Columbus, Ohio

Nov. 6 - US Bank Arena, Cincinnati, Ohio

http://muse.mu/tour-dates/

QUOTE (Xanadu93 @ Apr 30 2010, 05:50 PM)
New North American tour dates, in case you guys haven't seen them.

Sept. 22 - Viejas Arena, San Diego, California
Sept. 23 - Honda Center, Anaheim, California
Sept. 25 - Staples Center, Los Angeles, California
Sept. 28 - Arco Arena, Sacramento, California
Oct. 1 - Santa Ana Star Arena, Rio Rancho, New Mexico
Oct. 2 - Pepsi Center, Denver, Colorado
Oct. 5 - Target Center, Minneapolis, Minnesota
Oct. 6 - Bradley Center, Milwaukee, Wisconsin
Oct. 8 - Ford Center, Oklahoma City, Oklahoma
Oct. 21 - Pepsi Coliseum, Quebec City, Quebec
Oct. 23 - Nassau Coliseum, Uniondale, New York
Oct. 24 - Prudential Center, Newark, New Jersey
Oct. 26 - RBC Center, Raleigh, North Carolina
Oct. 27 - John Paul Jones Arena, Charottesville, Virginia
Nov. 2 - Sprint Center, Kansas City, Missouri
Nov. 3 - Scottstrade Center, St. Louis, Missouri
Nov. 5 - Schottenstein Center, Columbus, Ohio
Nov. 6 - US Bank Arena, Cincinnati, Ohio

http://muse.mu/tour-dates/

Totally going to the Cincinnati show! 1287.gif common001.gif cheer.gif

Well, there are no dates anywhere near me (one date in North Carolina; nothing in South Carolina, Georgia, or Florida, which is shocking) so I won't be able to see them unless they add another date. But I got to see them two months ago so I can't really complain too much. I'm jealous of the people in the LA area who are able to see them in Anaheim and LA, as well as San Diego if it's manageable.