Yes and Frampton touring together this summer.

QUOTE (Hatchetaxe&saw @ Mar 5 2010, 10:50 PM)
I saw the current line-up a couple of months back.

I went as a complete Suspicious Aloysius.

It was brilliant. Absolutely brilliant.
Jon's too old and just not up to the rigours of touring anymore. Make good with what you have.

Didn't Jon recently tour solo?

QUOTE (1-0-0-1-0-0-1 @ Mar 5 2010, 03:28 PM)
QUOTE (RUSHHEAD666 @ Mar 5 2010, 03:49 PM)
QUOTE (metaldad @ Mar 5 2010, 12:26 PM)
QUOTE (Jaye @ Mar 5 2010, 02:09 PM)
QUOTE (circumstantial tree @ Mar 5 2010, 06:25 PM)
No Jon Anderson.

Pass.

Not a fan of Drama huh........... wink.gif

"Into The Lens (I Am A Camera)" is one of the stupidest songs ever written.

Lyrically, it's a very dumb song. Musically, it's really good, with great bass work by Chris (the bass break in the middle is reminiscent of "The Fish").

I'll have to listen to that song again while trying to ignore those horrible lyrics.

Speaking of "The Fish," when was the last time any of you guys listened to Squire's solo album "Fish Out Of Water?" It's been years for me.

Maybe I need to explore that 1975 album again.

There's a difference to me between Drama and this current incarnation of Yes, and that's that in 1980 they didn't try to replace Jon with a soundalike...they got somebody who doesn't sound like him and went a different musical direction. That's cool to me. The idea of them finding some guy on youtube who sings in a Yes tribute band is just wrong. I don't care how much he sounds like Jon, they're basically a cover band now. I'll pass on this tour.

QUOTE (Jaye @ Mar 5 2010, 06:01 PM)

Jon's too old and just not up to the rigours of touring anymore. Make good with what you have.

Now that is something i will pass on tongue.gif

No thanks. Saw them a few weeks ago. Overall, it was a pretty good show, but they inexplicably decided to shorten the setlist by two songs, played many songs slow, and were pretty sloppy. I love Yes, but there was a slight feeling like they were mailing it in; and to be honest, this announcement kind of confirms that to me.

Without Jon Anderson, I'm not going. I am a big Chris Squire fan but no Jon, no me.

Yes is close to the edge of retirement and I sure hope they dont close the door on the band without having him back for a final album and tour.

I cant believe it's been almost six years since I last saw Yes.

I saw them 29 times from 1984-2004.

QUOTE (metaldad @ Mar 5 2010, 07:27 PM)
QUOTE (Jaye @ Mar 5 2010, 06:01 PM)

Now that is something i will pass on tongue.gif

+1

I feel sorry for all of you who don't like Yes without Jon Anderson. I have seen the band with and without Jon several times. Every time they were fabulous. Even without Jon. Also, Drama is a great album. I like it better than Tormato.

Looking forward to Yes carrying. I think they will last longer than Rush at this point. rofl3.gif

QUOTE (Earthshine @ Mar 5 2010, 11:40 PM)
I feel sorry for all of you who don't like Yes without Jon Anderson. I have seen the band with and without Jon several times. Every time they were fabulous. Even without Jon.

It's not like I don't like Yes without Jon Anderson, because I haven't even heard Yes with this line-up. It's just that I'm not interested.

Some band members are expendable, and some aren't. It'd be like seeing Rush without Geddy, but someone from a tribute band who sounds just like him - it's just not the same.

I believe that the concerts are great as people say, and I'm glad they enjoy them, but I wouldn't see them without Jon.

QUOTE (Jaye @ Mar 5 2010, 11:01 PM)

He did a couple of gigs here and there in tiny venues. That's about as much as he can muster. He's a doing a handful of Canadian gigs soon.

I saw him in Wolverhampton, and it was great to see him, but I don't think we'll ever see him belting it out in halls and arenas again.

QUOTE (metaldad @ Mar 5 2010, 06:14 PM)
QUOTE (RUSHHEAD666 @ Mar 5 2010, 03:50 PM)
Actually I would go to this show to see Frampton and then split.

cool10.gif

lol hmmm yeah

Saw Yes for their magnification tour here @ blossom..totally rocked, with the entire orig lineup

wanted to see frampton last time he blew thru town

no to yes yes to frampton

QUOTE (BeOhBe Bob @ Mar 6 2010, 09:14 AM)

cool10.gif

lol hmmm yeah

Saw Yes for their magnification tour here @ blossom..totally rocked, with the entire orig lineup

Ahh, yes to Yes! Ahh ahh to Yes!

QUOTE (1-0-0-1-0-0-1 @ Mar 6 2010, 10:23 AM)
QUOTE (BeOhBe Bob @ Mar 6 2010, 09:14 AM)

cool10.gif

lol hmmm yeah

Ahh, yes to Yes! Ahh ahh to Yes!

wondering about the price for tix..and just saw Tom Petty is going to be back in town in July!!

yes.gif yes.gif yes.gif !!!

Uhh, that was not even close to the original lineup on that tour.

Closer to the "Classic" lineup than anything. ( CTTE (tour)TFTO, GFTO, Tormato)

Original linup:

Anderson

Squire

Banks

Bruford

Kaye

"Classic" linup:

Anderson

Squire

Howe

White

Wakeman

Magnification tour lineup:

Anderson

Squire

Howe

White

Tom Brislin

And as was stated earlier on in this thread, Drama was done with a singer that was not a Jon Anderson "clone".

I can understand the rest of the bands' desire to keep on touring. It's their life, it's what they want to keep doing. You cant blame them for that.

But at this point, I wish that Jon was involved because the band needs to finish up on a positive note. Too many mixed feelings about this version of "Yes" for me and many others.

I have seen some of the recent concert vids of this latest lineup on youtube (and I don't need a pro recording) and I can say that they do sound a bit flat and somewhat tired. Squire is having more trouble singing his vocals. He does have parts that require singing even higher notes than Anderson (or David now) has to sing. He's winded.

I think Jon Anderson being in the band is more of a leader than Benoit David because Anderson was more demanding. David cannot instruct the band like Jon did and because of that they are Squire's band now and the looseness is apparent. Still great musicians, always will be, but just not the same at all.

I saw Frampton back in 2000, I think. It was great. He still sounded great and I'd like to see him again before it's over for his career, but I'll do that if he's by himself and it would be a full show.

Have fun at the "Yes" shows. Wish Jon was there. I would be too.

Pardon me, you're totally correct, classic lineup, sorry for the error

"Classic" lineup:

Anderson

Squire

Howe

White

Wakeman

And btw it was Steve Howe on guitar. Not only was he introduced before his Mood for a Day solo, he looked godawful...but his extended version for us that evening?

mindblowing!

Same here. I saw Frampton 2 years ago awesome show!! Everytime he has come since then I haven't been able to go.

Archived