French fries!

Mara

Which major fast food chain has the best fries?  

39 members have voted

1. 1. Which major fast food chain has the best fries?

• McDonald's
    • Burger King
    • Wendy's
    • Arby's

just a point on McDonalds fries. They are still ok, but they used to be awesome when they fried them in animal fat!!!! 1022.gif

Now they went to vegetable oil a few years back and they just don't have nearly the same flavor. eh.gif

QUOTE (tick @ Feb 20 2010, 10:24 AM)
just a point on McDonalds fries. They are still ok, but they used to be awesome when they fried them in animal fat!!!! 1022.gif
Now they went to vegetable oil a few years back and they just don't have nearly the same flavor. eh.gif

Agree 100%!

And I like mine the way the Belgians eat them: with mayo.

I picked McDicks by a close margin to the BK fries. Wendy's fries are just *putrid* and Arby's food in general is so putrid that I haven't been there in so long I can't even *remember* what their fries taste like.

I love the Simpsons episode, the play on Lord of the Flies where all the kids are stranded on an island and one of them says "I'm so hungry I could eat at ARBY's!"

laugh.gif

Edited by Godeater2112

QUOTE (Mara @ Feb 20 2010, 10:36 AM)
QUOTE (tick @ Feb 20 2010, 10:24 AM)

Agree 100%!

And I like mine the way the Belgians eat them: with mayo.

McDonalds are the fries I just like with nothing on them. Just greasy and salty works for me.

QUOTE (treeduck @ Feb 19 2010, 11:28 PM)
A local fish and chip shop...

trink38.gif

goodpost.gif

A good chippy MURDERS any of the above mentioned outlets with their horrible, cardboard-like lumps of crap that masquerade as food....

QUOTE (Fridge @ Feb 20 2010, 03:44 PM)

trink38.gif

goodpost.gif

A good chippy MURDERS any of the above mentioned outlets with their horrible, cardboard-like lumps of crap that masquerade as food....

new_thumbsupsmileyanim.gif

McD's used to be but we have Jack in the Box here and their fries are fresh cut like In-N-Out.

I haven't eaten McD's in a while as my daughter watched Super Size Me at school, and won't let any of us eat there biggrin.gif Hate to tell you all but McD's fries aren't even made from potatoes just a whole bunch of artificial crap-this comes directly from a former manager.

My daughter knows someone who works at Arbys as he told her that they receive blocks of frozen meat that is all parts of a cow and it all mushed together and then they put it on a slicer and shave it off. 062802puke_prv.gif

btw I make awesome home-made fries

QUOTE (Soni @ Feb 20 2010, 09:04 AM)
You know, fries aren't french... they come from belgium!!
Just like Hercule Poirot!
http://www.hfcc.edu/campus_life/campus_safety/images/Fuddruckers-logo.jpg

Fuddruckers burgers rock!

QUOTE (Fridge @ Feb 20 2010, 11:44 AM)

trink38.gif

goodpost.gif

Chip my ass, were talking about French Fries !!! 1022.gif

tongue.gif

QUOTE (Fridge @ Feb 20 2010, 10:44 AM)

trink38.gif

goodpost.gif

The rest of the world disagrees. There are approximately 16,000 McDonalds locations outside of the United States. Burger King has 5,000.

I don't care for fast food in general, but every once in a while I'll get hit with this craving and have something from there. I tend to think their stuff is cardboard-like lumps of crap, too. But somehow they make it taste good.

QUOTE (Pags @ Feb 20 2010, 10:36 PM)

trink38.gif

goodpost.gif

The rest of the world disagrees. There are approximately 16,000 McDonalds locations outside of the United States. Burger King has 5,000.

I don't care for fast food in general, but every once in a while I'll get hit with this craving and have something from there. I tend to think their stuff is cardboard-like lumps of crap, too. But somehow they make it taste good.

I only eat McD's when I'm drunk or hungover. It tastes the biz then... otherwise I think it's disgusting. Have you tried a good old British battered cod and chips? Eating them at the seaside or in front of a good film is awesome!

QUOTE (ADesignForRush @ Feb 20 2010, 10:40 PM)
QUOTE (Pags @ Feb 20 2010, 10:36 PM)

trink38.gif

goodpost.gif

I only eat McD's when I'm drunk or hungover. It tastes the biz then... otherwise I think it's disgusting. Have you tried a good old British battered cod and chips? Eating them at the seaside or in front of a good film is awesome!

I generally concur with this. Nothing quite like staggering into a Maccy D after chucking out time from the local boozer, and smelling that familiar Maccy D odour - deathburger & fries (especially the fries) go down a treat.

Unfortunately the same can't be said for BK where they tend to nuke their burgers & cremate the fries into burnt offerings more suited to carbon dating laugh.gif

QUOTE (Alex @ Feb 19 2010, 05:38 PM)
From that list, McDonald's.

Anyone here like Sweet Potato Fries?

Yes I do quite a bit. McDonalds are the worse they never deteriote but the best that's NOT in the poll is Five Brothers.

Peace

QUOTE (Alex @ Feb 19 2010, 03:38 PM)
From that list, McDonald's.

Anyone here like Sweet Potato Fries?

We have a "Designer Burger" joint out here in Walnut Creek called "The Counter." It's excellent.

They have sweet potato fries. I hated them, buy Wendy loved them.

Oh by the way, Wendy hates Wendy's fries. laugh.gif

QUOTE (Blenderhead @ Feb 23 2010, 05:45 PM)
I accidentally voted for McDonald's, but meant Arby's.

Arby's curly fries are some of the best fries I've tried ever. Mmmmm. trink36.gif

did you click on my link? It says Arbys curly fries are some of the worst fries for you. It called McDonalds the healthiest. Go figure?

No offense to those who like them, but I can't stand curly fries. Give me shoestring or steak fries. I don't do curly.

1. Arbys....mmmm...spicy curly fries.... smile.gif

2. McDonalds

3. Wendy's

4. BK - hate the "new" recipe (I know it's like 10 years old now lol)

QUOTE (tick @ Feb 23 2010, 06:09 PM)
QUOTE (Blenderhead @ Feb 23 2010, 05:45 PM)
I accidentally voted for McDonald's, but meant Arby's.

Arby's curly fries are some of the best fries I've tried ever.  Mmmmm. trink36.gif

did you click on my link? It says Arbys curly fries are some of the worst fries for you. It called McDonalds the healthiest. Go figure?

No offense to those who like them, but I can't stand curly fries. Give me shoestring or steak fries. I don't do curly.

Well, good thing I hardly ever eat them! Arby's is too expensive.

Curly fries are yum. What's the matter with you? atickhum.gif