Kings or Queen?

Earthshine

Your favorite and why?  

33 members have voted

1. 1. Your favorite and why?

• Led Zeppelin
    • Queen

I think Queen were more creative, but Zep was more of a powerhouse band overall.

Zep had a better run of strong albums than Queen.

Freddie was the superior vocalist though. Just amazing, and a great showman. Plant was always hit or miss live, IMO.

Led Zeppelin.

As much as I like Queen (I like them a lot), I think they're a bit too superfluous and superficial. Their albums are all over the map.

I like EVERY Led Zeppelin album. I can't say that about Queen.

QUOTE (PuppetKing2112 @ Jan 21 2010, 11:25 PM)
Queen's albums are too inconsistent.

The Mighty Zeppelin were very consistent, however what happened to the second side of "LED ZEPPELIN III?"

Very acoustic.

"In Through The Outdoor" was the obvious end.

I will say that I do love "CODA."

Signed,

"Walter's Walk"

Bit of a tough call- Queen had some great songs, and their live shows were always dynamic and entertaining. They also had a supreme singer/frontman in Freddie, who was always good value.

However, when it comes to albums, then it has to be the Big Z!

It's already been said several times, but I'll add my voice to the chorus:

Queen are awesome. I love them! But in comparison to Led Zeppelin? Come on! fing.gif

What's next? The Beatles vs. Styx?

QUOTE (Earthshine @ Jan 22 2010, 02:25 AM)
QUOTE (Silas Lang @ Jan 22 2010, 12:04 AM)
There's maybe 10-15 other bands that were on Zep's level and Queen's not one of them.

That many?! Who?

I went with Led Zeppelin. To me, there is no comparison.

No comparison? So why start a poll? biggrin.gif

Led Zeppelin, to me, are far and above better than Queen.

I do like some songs by Queen. I like one called "My Faerie King" which is on one of their earlier albums. And I like some of the early 80's pop tunes such as "Another One Bites the Dust" and "Body Language".

But I HATE WITH UTTER PASSION "BOHEMIAN RHAPSODY".

Queen were never that big in America, especially after the 70s and most people see them as a singles band, so it's not really a fair comparison on a mostly American forum...

I will say that I think Brian May is a better player overall than Jimmy and never blatently ripped any blues guys off either...

wink.gif

QUOTE (treeduck @ Jan 22 2010, 06:31 PM)
Queen were never that big in America, especially after the 70s and most people see them as a singles band, so it's not really a fair comparison on a mostly American forum...

I will say that I think Brian May is a better player overall than Jimmy and never blatently ripped any blues guys off either...

wink.gif

I also think Brian is an amazing guitarist, often overlooked. trink39.gif

Hell... I even have his Star Fleet Project album (with Eddie Van Halen) and also owned his first truly "solo" CD, Back to the Light. I eventually sold the latter to a used CD store, but I still play "Star Fleet."

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/d/d7/Starflet3pq.jpg

QUOTE (GeddyRulz @ Jan 22 2010, 07:43 PM)
QUOTE (treeduck @ Jan 22 2010, 06:31 PM)

wink.gif

I also think Brian is an amazing guitarist, often overlooked. trink39.gif

Hell... I even have his Star Fleet Project album (with Eddie Van Halen) and also owned his first truly "solo" CD, Back to the Light. I eventually sold the latter to a used CD store, but I still play "Star Fleet."

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/d/d7/Starflet3pq.jpg

Star Fleet kicks ass . I got it the day it came out

Archived