How Is Everyone's Portfolio Doing?

JimboGames

QUOTE (GhostGirl @ Aug 28 2009, 03:28 PM)
Portfolio?

confused13.gif

Retirement investments. I can see were in the same boat GG. laugh.gif

QUOTE (tick @ Aug 28 2009, 03:11 PM)
QUOTE (GhostGirl @ Aug 28 2009, 03:28 PM)
Portfolio?

confused13.gif

Retirement investments. I can see were in the same boat GG. laugh.gif

Yeah, I knew what he meant, but the only portfolio I have is my Trapper Keeper.

yes.gif

So far so good: bought some stock on the UK-SE back in November 2008, and its since quadrupled in value since then.

Still a long way to go from its record peak in 2006, but I'm in for the long-term, so don't mind too much

I have a Roth IRA & Traditional IRA and so I put mutual funds from Franklin Templeton in the Roth and American Funds in the Traditional, this was bout 4 months ago. Did this for 2 reasons: One was to diversify among fund companies and 2nd was to compare fund performance between two top quality fund companies.

So far the Templeton funds are providing a positive result even with the last couple of weeks negative numbers. The American Funds, er, uh, funds are down ever so slightly which is fine because they're still producing nice dividends and reinvesting at a discount.

These are long term investments so whatever short term fluctuations I have don't really concern me but it is interesting to note the differences between two similar portfolios (balanced toward growth) comprised of similar groups of mutual funds (income, growth & income, growth, aggressive) as they move through time.

trink38.gif

I'm almost afraid to look at mine. All I have right now is a Roth-IRA from rolled over 401K's of past employers. I know they've gone up, but not sure how much.

Right now, I'm more concerned with a better ROI:

Paying off debts with higher interest rates than we're earning in our savings and investment accounts.

My IRA swung from a 24.5% gain in October 2007 to a 30% loss in late 2008/early 2009, and had climbed back to a 5% gain, but then the SEC threw that stinkbomb at Goldman Sachs, the poop hit the fan with the PIIGS, and now I'm down 3.8%.

QUOTE (Rolinda Bonz @ Oct 19 2009, 09:26 PM)
*woohoo* 18K for da Q! lips.gif
i'm rollin in da bonz, baby!

too bad i can't spend it for 30 years eh.gif

laugh.gif

You better get down the gym for the next 30 years, stay in shape, then you can take your money and go on a toy boy rampage!

laugh.gif

QUOTE (treeduck @ Jun 7 2010, 05:08 PM)
*woohoo*  18K for da Q! lips.gif

laugh.gif

You better get down the gym for the next 30 years, stay in shape, then you can take your money and go on a toy boy rampage!

laugh.gif

That's if what she spends on gym memberships, supplements, water, food, etc. doesn't exceed the money invested... eh.gif

QUOTE (JimboGames @ Aug 28 2009, 12:01 PM)
Mine is on a roller coaster ride.

I'm still way on top with my Apple stock but it is a roller coaster ride too.

Hell I thought the stock was going to hit the moon today when Jobs had that meeting about the new iphone.

Instead the stock slipped five bones.

It's all good though. Apple is no the biggest tech biz on the earth passing up Microsoft.

I'll drink to that!!

trink39.gif

QUOTE (ForceTen @ Jun 7 2010, 09:44 PM)
*woohoo*  18K for da Q! lips.gif

laugh.gif

laugh.gif

That's if what she spends on gym memberships, supplements, water, food, etc. doesn't exceed the money invested... eh.gif

Hmmm maybe she can try erobics and isometrics at home on her living room carpet, a couple of barbells too...

trink38.gif

Been a roller coaster ride for 2 plus years or so now. Have sold very little, just held on. Was down 50% last year and it has come back well and is holding now. I try not to look to much. wacko.gif wacko.gif wacko.gif

QUOTE (treeduck @ Jun 8 2010, 02:15 AM)
QUOTE (ForceTen @ Jun 7 2010, 09:44 PM)
*woohoo* 18K for da Q! lips.gif

laugh.gif

laugh.gif

Hmmm maybe she can try erobics and isometrics at home on her living room carpet, a couple of barbells too...

trink38.gif

Home gyms are worth their weight in gold. I have a very well setup home gym. smile.gif

QUOTE (TullSkull @ Jun 8 2010, 08:23 AM)
Been a roller coaster ride for 2 plus years or so now. Have sold very little, just held on. Was down 50% last year and it has come back well and is holding now. I try not to look to much. wacko.gif wacko.gif wacko.gif

That was a smart thing to do....to sell in times like these means absorbing the loss. We should see somewhat ups and downs from here on until the end of the year which may bring another 2008. If you can hold out till then, I would then put your monies into more conservative vehicles. The banks have yet to report their commercial losses plus inflation along with the inevitable rise in interest rates is imminent. Does not bode well for 2011.

It's not doing so good but I also have mostly conservative stocks.

Yesterday I got myself some VMWare stocks though (they are pretty big in cloud computing) that are a little more risky and focused on short-term growth.

I can only recommend this investment to anyone who is looking for short-term growth. Just look at the chart: http://finance.yahoo.com/q?s=VMW

I'm playing it risky right now. Most of my beans are in foreign stocks. I am not optimistic either. I think it is going to dip back down to 7,500 again in 2011. I believe it will take a decade or longer to recover all that I have lost.

Ding! Ding! The closing bell has rung for me this trading year, on this day of 2.gif 21/12/10. Although I still have some long term holdings, I am now done with day to day trading until 2011 and will enjoy my holidays until the market opens again on Jan. 3rd.

I remember it was last year this month, when I was in chat with Rolinda Bonz one Thursday night after one of Goober's shows, and telling her I was about to leave my current job and strike out on my own as a trader/ investor. Well, I pulled in over 6 figures this year, and made over 3 times what I would have made at my former job if had I stayed there, so it was well worth it. cool.gif

I'd like to mainly thank all the 'doom and gloom' propaganda people from the News Media that ran all those stories about how the market was going to collapse, and the Dow would be anywhere from 8,000 to 5,000 by year end. laugh.gif For running all those scare tactic stories, you allowed me to go against the herd, and that made my investing job so much easier! Thank you, thank you all! tongue.gif 1022.gif

Long live 2.gif!!! And long live The 2.gif Forum!!!

I bought some shares into a UK construction company. Currently their share price is almost rock bottom, but am convinced it will start to rise once the recession finally turns into growth. Historically the construction sector often climbs out of the abyss before most other sectors.

Here's hoping

We are doing okay. The Precious Metals fund is keeping us afloat. unsure.gif