whos better grateful dead or rush???

reani14

The thing about both bands is that their concerts are completely different. When you see rush they come out and kick your aass right freom the start. The dead on the other hand is more mellow, but you never get that type a feeling at a rush concert. No where other then a dead concert will you see people dancing like they do their.

sorry but ...

jerry could play the heck out of his guitar

phil lesh is a very unique bassist - I dare you to truly listen!

mickey hart is a heck of a drummer- thanks to all who have pointed out the mutual respect between him and Peart

at any given time they could on spur of he moment play hundreds of songs. Can Rush do that? I don't know.

Half of you know less than half of what you are talking about.

and they are apples and oranges.

The both are REAL musicians, lets celebrate THAT in this plastic phony "music as entertainment" instead of ART culture that we've allowed to take root.

Its ok if you dont Ged them, you probably dont get avante or free jazz either. your loss though.

QUOTE (third hand grace @ Jul 28 2009, 06:13 PM)
sorry but ...

mickey hart is a heck of a drummer- thanks to all who have pointed out the mutual respect between him and Peart

at any given time they could on spur of he moment play hundreds of songs. Can Rush do that? I don't know.

The both are REAL musicians, lets celebrate THAT in this plastic phony "music as entertainment" instead of ART culture that we've allowed to take root.

Its ok if you dont Ged them, you probably dont get avante or free jazz either. your loss though.

Fu** the dead heads!!! they suck, there boring and not my style. Got it!! schla03.gif laugh.gif

Nothing personal biggrin.gif

QUOTE (rushgoober @ Jul 28 2009, 05:16 AM)
It's comparing apples and oranges.

I will say this, however:

Grateful Dead - best American group of all time
Rush - best Canadian group of all time

laugh.gif rofl3.gif

now you really are on drugs!!! z7shysterical.gif tongue.gif

QUOTE (troutman @ Jul 28 2009, 08:13 PM)
QUOTE (rushgoober @ Jul 28 2009, 05:16 AM)

laugh.gif rofl3.gif

now you really are on drugs!!! z7shysterical.gif tongue.gif

to each their own. the dead are magic. yes.gif

QUOTE (troutman @ Jul 28 2009, 08:12 PM)
QUOTE (third hand grace @ Jul 28 2009, 06:13 PM)
sorry but ...

Fu** the dead heads!!! they suck, there boring and not my style. Got it!! schla03.gif laugh.gif

Nothing personal biggrin.gif

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!

What's up TROUT?

Classic. THE DEAD ARE TRAGIC!!!!!!!!!

you spelling is incorrekt

maybe your head is dead

j/k :-)

1. There is (was) nothing like a Grateful Dead concert. Having seen both bands multiple times, I have to give the edge to the hippies on this one.

2. I will give the edge to Rush as far as being better musicians. Jerry, Phil, and Mickey are pretty damn good.

3. Robert Hunter is a wonderful lyricist. John Barlow ain't so bad either. My preference would be for Hunter over Peart.

4. There are plenty of other jam-band concerts where people dance like Deadheads.

5. Not only could the Dead play over a hundred different songs over a tour, they could also play them differently. Why the hell does Rush have to play the same frickin' setlist every night??? I could only imagine a Rush tour where over the course of a five night run, you'd get to hear 90% of their catalogue including all of the epics and no song repeats.

6. Nobody is as cool as Pigpen.

QUOTE (GeminiRising79 @ Jul 30 2009, 12:26 PM)
Some of you are really scraping the bottom of the bowl for things to post about. This, then the KC and the Sunshine band post? Are you guys on drugs, FFS?

Blame reani14.

And it appears that this is typical.

just the norm' in between tours/albums or basically frig all doin,shite gets posted unsure.gif

I am going to let this post slide since with the posting I made about Rush and the Grateful Dead that is quoted in Neil's book "Traveling Music" makes this legitimate.

However the posting about KC and The Sunshine and Rush is ridiculous. There is no connection whatsoever with both bands.

QUOTE (RushFanForever @ Jul 30 2009, 01:04 PM)
However the posting about KC and The Sunshine and Rush is ridiculous. There is no connection whatsoever with both bands.

That particular thread was a spoof on all of the other alleged connections between Rush and <X band>.

Frankly, I don't see the connection AT ALL between Rush and GD, but I have refrained from commenting much in this thread.

Edited by Rush Cocky

this might be the worst thread yet comp26.gif

QUOTE (Rush Cocky @ Jul 30 2009, 08:41 AM)
Some of you are really scraping the bottom of the bowl for things to post about.  This, then the KC and the Sunshine band post? Are you guys on drugs, FFS?

Blame reani14.

At this point I don't even blame reani14. He probably sits here laughing at all the people who take these threads so seriously.

QUOTE (rushgoober @ Jul 28 2009, 08:16 AM)

Totally agree (as both a Deadhead and a Rushian)

I didn't even open the KC & The Sunshine Band thread. Promise.

I have nothing against the Dead but I do find the music dull. (Sorry goober). I did have one "sort of" Dead experience in college when I accompanied a friend downtown so she could purchase and trade some bootlegs with the rich hippies in the Dead tent city. It wasn't a loss - I did come away with a cool tie-dye shirt. And everyone was quite nice.

After a couple of hours in "Deadville", I will say this for Rush fans: we are, on the whole, well-acquainted with soap and the other tools of personal hygiene. I got the feeling that pulling out a bar of Zest at a Dead show would cause mass panic, possibly a stampede of some sort.

QUOTE (Rush Cocky @ Jul 30 2009, 11:41 AM)
Some of you are really scraping the bottom of the bowl for things to post about.  This, then the KC and the Sunshine band post? Are you guys on drugs, FFS?

Blame reani14.

Yes, typical - but if you hold on long enough these ones sometimes will turn into something interesting..

rofl3.gif

Please guys!!! a new album SOON!!!

QUOTE (Mara @ Jul 30 2009, 03:56 PM)
I didn't even open the KC & The Sunshine Band thread. Promise.

I have nothing against the Dead but I do find the music dull. (Sorry goober). I did have one "sort of" Dead experience in college when I accompanied a friend downtown so she could purchase and trade some bootlegs with the rich hippies in the Dead tent city. It wasn't a loss - I did come away with a cool tie-dye shirt. And everyone was quite nice.

After a couple of hours in "Deadville", I will say this for Rush fans: we are, on the whole, well-acquainted with soap and the other tools of personal hygiene. I got the feeling that pulling out a bar of Zest at a Dead show would cause mass panic, possibly a stampede of some sort.

rofl3.gif