irritating commercials

circumstantial tree

For those in Central NYS:

The A&ES Surgery Center commercials.

Every. Goddamn. Morning. during the news, they have been playing these commercials for years now. It's for cosmetic surgery and they show these twits on the beach (man and women) with glistening smoothed and tan skin, and I swear they look like brother and sister (yuck!). Every friggin commercial break, they are on with that damn music in the background. Makes me want to scream every time I see them!

Tons of them f'ers on t.v. now'a days.....

I try not to pay much attn. to all that bull-sheet.

Tons of them f'ers on t.v. now'a days.....

I try not to pay much attn. to all that bull-sheet.

This may seem cruel of me but I gotta say it.

There's a commercial showing a woman named Martha Borst talking about rheumatoid arthritis. In the commercial, she's up onstage giving a pep talk to an audience. The camera every now and then focuses on an audience member who keeps shaking their head in approval to what Martha is saying. Is she that enlightening?!

Anyway, I feel like taking a hammer to the hands of that Martha woman to permanently rid her of her damned affliction! angry.gif

Two summer car commercials need to die, like, 5 weeks ago:

1. Mazda summer sales event! (sung to Grease song and full song and dance)

2. G*damn Mike Rowe and his Ford commercials, flipping burgers, all that crap.

GO. AWAY.

QUOTE (iluvgeddy05 @ Jan 25 2012, 12:44 PM)

Every. Goddamn. Morning. during the news, they have been playing these commercials for years now. It's for cosmetic surgery and they show these twits on the beach (man and women) with glistening smoothed and tan skin, and I swear they look like brother and sister (yuck!). Every friggin commercial break, they are on with that damn music in the background. Makes me want to scream every time I see them!

laugh.gif

I know the commercials you mean. Have you seen how Alexander and Catalano, The Heavy Hitters, have ripped of the DirecTV ("Don't End Up in a Roadside Ditch")commercials? Those ambulance chasers have the most annoying commercials.

Fuccillo "HUGE!!!!" commercials are another set that I am tired of.

QUOTE (HowItIs @ Jan 18 2012, 09:53 AM)
QUOTE (treeduck @ Jan 17 2012, 03:23 PM)
QUOTE (Mara @ Jan 17 2012, 05:08 PM)
QUOTE (treeduck @ Jan 17 2012, 05:43 PM)
Redundant thread: all commercials are irritating!

MOST are irritating. But a few of them are funny as hell. Like Allstate's "Mayhem". I have a crush on him.

The UK has some of the best TV spots going, from what I've seen.

Yeah but one thing that always annoys me is the VOLUME! Commercials always seem to be twice as loud as the TV show/movie, which often means scrambling for the mute button when you're dying to go to the loo... wacko.gif

Compression. The FCC made a rule that commercials couldn't be any louder than the loudest sound in the shows. Damned admen took that to mean the whole ad could be that loud. Kind of like Vapor Trails... wink.gif laugh.gif

That Flo chick looks just like the b*itch who stole my Les Paul Anniversary. I mean EXACTLY like her. It's freaking scary! And, no it can't be her because she's over 70 now... Still... 062802puke_prv.gif

I love the Allstate's "Mayhem"! ads - only on YouTube though..! new_thumbsupsmileyanim.gif

QUOTE (KenJennings @ Aug 22 2012, 01:46 PM)
I HATE FLO!

yeah, she needs to go.

I don't like the recent WalMart ads with this Mr. Personality type guy giving people steaks and then telling them it was WalMart steak.

It's not that it's Walmart. It's just the guy in those commercials.

QUOTE (Gompers @ Aug 22 2012, 11:04 AM)

Every. Goddamn. Morning. during the news, they have been playing these commercials for years now.  It's for cosmetic surgery and they show these twits on the beach (man and women) with glistening smoothed and tan skin, and I swear they look like brother and sister (yuck!).  Every friggin commercial break, they are on with that damn music in the background.  Makes me want to scream every time I see them!

laugh.gif

I know the commercials you mean. Have you seen how Alexander and Catalano, The Heavy Hitters, have ripped of the DirecTV ("Don't End Up in a Roadside Ditch")commercials? Those ambulance chasers have the most annoying commercials.

"don't get 53 pizzas".

QUOTE (Gompers @ Aug 22 2012, 11:04 AM)

Every. Goddamn. Morning. during the news, they have been playing these commercials for years now.  It's for cosmetic surgery and they show these twits on the beach (man and women) with glistening smoothed and tan skin, and I swear they look like brother and sister (yuck!).  Every friggin commercial break, they are on with that damn music in the background.  Makes me want to scream every time I see them!

laugh.gif

You know I thought Fuccillo would've stopped with the commercials by now. He opened a dealership in my area ten years ago and his adds still run to this day. They run less then they used to but it's still enough to annoy me.

I guess buisness must be good for him though otherwise he wouldn't be able to pay for all the advertising he does.

I forget the particular brand, but there is one about some chocolate drops. People in an office start dancing around and eating the chocolate. I never care for commercials that have office people going nuts.

A local pizza restaurant called Double Pizza has the most annoying radio jingle. One listen and you never forget their phone number, I can still hear it and it's been a long time since I've listened to a local radio station.

Double pizza! Double your pizza!

514-343-0343

GET IT OUT OF MY HEAD

I have never, ever opened a bag of potato chips, took a whiff of the potato chip gas, and found the smell irresistably good - Sorry I don't think so! Bunch of horse feathers!!! L*y's potato chips, folks.

I've discovered I hate the :musicnote: Go compare! :musicnote: commercials. There's several of them, with the male opera singer singing that everyone should compare insurances. It started out funny, then over time it got annoying as hell.

The Jimmy Kimmel (hate him anyway) Capitol One ads with the ugly annoying baby. I hit "pause" the second those start, wait 30 seconds, then "view live TV".

And the latest OMG-people-will-fall-for-any-weight-loss-scheme-that-doesn't-involve-eating-less-and-moving-more ad? The Tummytuck Bellyband. I am astounded.

The Jimmy Kimmel (hate him anyway) Capitol One ads with the ugly annoying baby. I hit "pause" the second those start, wait 30 seconds, then "view live TV".

And the latest OMG-people-will-fall-for-any-weight-loss-scheme-that-doesn't-involve-eating-less-and-moving-more ad? The Tummytuck Bellyband. I am astounded.

Do you mean Jimmy Fallon???

I can't even imagine what Pepsi is going to do with Pepsi Special - How would they advertise that, with a roll of TP stuck to the cap?