Name Your Favorite Actor Of All Time:

RUSHHEAD666

I know I'm behind the times on here but Wendy and I finally saw GRAN TORINO on Blu-Ray!

I think it's one of the greatest movies of all time.

Seriously.

Forget "Million Dollar Baby" although that movie was damn good too, I just loved Clint's latest masterpiece.

Did this movie win any Oscars?

It should have, but then again this movie is way too good to get an award from that bunch of liberal millionaire lunatics in Lost Angeles.

Is Clint going to retire now?

I hope not.

Clint is the BEST. There is no one like him in Hollyweird and when he passes away I hope he gets the respect that he deserves.

"GO AHEAD, MAKE MY DAY!"

Clint Eastwood is a five tool player.

Actor

Director

Writer

Producer

Singer?

HAHAHA!

Clint can do it all you guys! He is "Every Which Way But Loose!"

I have been brainstorming, trying to come up with someone who is better than Clint when it comes to film and I can't.

I come up empty.

I keep shooting blanks.

I must offer Clint

My sincere thanks.

Sincerely,

"THE GOOD, THE BAD, THE UGLY"

trink39.gif

This beer is for you Clint Eastwood. Please make one more Dirty Harry film before you retire. 1022.gif

waffen093.gif

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'd have to go with Harrison Ford.

I mean in addition to Han Solo and Indiana Jones, he's played the President, defended the President in every Tom Clancy movie to hit the screen, and also had some other good roles in moveis that I like (e.g. Frantic, Witness).

Edited by GeddyRulz

watch SCARFACE.

QUOTE (goose @ Jun 15 2009, 03:58 PM)
QUOTE (ReRushed @ Jun 15 2009, 08:37 AM)
Paul Newman

...and Steve McQueen.

The Kings of cool.

Speaking of Gran Torinos and FORD, there is no doubt that "BULLIT" rules too just like Mustangs! I've owned four of them in my life and they were all F irst O n R ace D ay. Not F ound O n R oad D ead. LOL!

Probably the best car chase scene in any movie with regards to "The French Connection."

Sincerely,

Gene Hackman

Man...this is tough...Eastwood, Depp (hated him in Pirates though), Morgan Freeman, Gene Hackman...It's too tough to single one out.

QUOTE (metaldad @ Jun 15 2009, 02:15 PM)
watch SCARFACE.

This reminds me of once watching a top100 best films to see before you die or something like that and some talking head went "If you haven't seen Scarface you haven't lived!" To which my bf responded "I once watched Scarface and I almost died!" biggrin.gif Well, didn't grab him apparently.

As for fav actor of all time, it's a tought one. Apart from all the great ones already mentioned, Christopher Walken has always been a personal favourite of mine.

Gary Oldman is great too.

QUOTE (HisCounterpart @ Jun 16 2009, 06:46 AM)
QUOTE (metaldad @ Jun 15 2009, 02:15 PM)
watch SCARFACE.

This reminds me of once watching a top100 best films to see before you die or something like that and some talking head went "If you haven't seen Scarface you haven't lived!" To which my bf responded "I once watched Scarface and I almost died!" biggrin.gif Well, didn't grab him apparently.

As for fav actor of all time, it's a tought one. Apart from all the great ones already mentioned, Christopher Walken has always been a personal favourite of mine.

Gary Oldman is great too.

Gary Oldman is my pick, easily my favorite actor, I dont think theres a role he cant play.

Gotta go with Keanu Reeves

rofl3.gif

I'll answer this in 3 categories:

Most underrated actor:

John Cusack-I think he really just needs that one breakthrough role that will put him in the next level, but I think he's great

Best performance of all-time:

Tie between Val Kilmer as Jim Morrison and Heath as The Joker of course or Daniel Day Lewis in Gangs of New York

Best overall Actor:

Daniel Day Lewis

Just watch Gangs of New York!

QUOTE (Presto-digitation @ Jun 16 2009, 03:24 PM)
Marlon Brando and Al Pacino come to mind instantly. I also think Daniel Day Lewis can do no wrong.

Al pacino of the 70's and 80's, yes. But he's really gone downhill IMO. Movies like 88 minutes and Insomnia were not good moments for ol Al

QUOTE (LeaveMyThingAlone @ Jun 16 2009, 03:35 PM)
Gotta go with Keanu Reeves

rofl3.gif

So glad you're joking! I honestly think he's the very worst actor in America. yes.gif

QUOTE (LeaveMyThingAlone @ Jun 16 2009, 03:35 PM)
Best performance of all-time:
Tie between Val Kilmer as Doc Holliday and Heath as The Joker of course or Daniel Day Lewis in Gangs of New York

Fixed! cool.gif

I don't really have a favorite actor. There is no one that I rush out to see just because they are in a film, but here are some actors who have made more than a few films where I thought they gave a brilliant performance.

Edward Norton (Ever see American History X?)

Robert De Niro

John Cusack

Robin Williams

Tom Hanks

Russell Crow

Jason Segel

Steve McQueen.