Actor David Carradine found dead in Bangkok

Tom Sawyer

QUOTE (Mrs. Huck Rogers @ Jun 4 2009, 11:25 PM)
QUOTE (goose @ Jun 5 2009, 01:40 AM)
QUOTE (Inthend @ Jun 4 2009, 08:24 PM)
Sad to hear.

Kung Fu is one of the all-time greats.

Interesting he was in Bangkok.

It is beautiful there.

Good posts goose. I'd never heard that about him.

How someone who has so much can suffer from such depression is beyond me, and very sad.

Your elephant, on the other hand, is very amusing. I can't stop watching it. smile.gif

Depression is not cause by lack of wealth.

It's a medical condition and all the ice cream and cake in the world won't make it go away.

Very true.

Goose, money doesn't buy happiness.

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Tom Sawyer @ Jun 4 2009, 08:55 PM)
He was so unique. I remember first learning that he was the son of John Carradine, you older folks (like me) might remember him best as Ga-ga Mr. Gateman on the Munsters. I really took a shine to John even before I started watching David. Robert Carradine was his half-brother. (Revenge of the nerds and and the father of Lizzie McGuire) and half-bro of Keith Carradine.

The talent will continue; I'm sure.

Thanks for a lot of great entertainment Dave. Godspeed!

I once met John Carradine. He was in town performing 'The Runner Stumbles' for a local dinner theater. I was a seventeen year old kid who was active in the high school drama club so I had a million questions for him. He was very patient and kind and answered all of my questions. What a class act. When I told him I enjoyed watching his son in 'Kung Fu' he enthusiastically replied "Oh, I do too!"

QUOTE (RUSHHEAD666 @ Jun 5 2009, 12:31 AM)
Unfortunately this reminds me of when Brad Delp decided to have a BBQ inside his bathroom.

Damn, what a way to snuff it. Totally depressing and David might have been suffering from the same thing.

Very sad. Bottom line.

more like the dude from INXS.

strange shit indeed.

QUOTE (Prince Sphinc-Tor @ Jun 5 2009, 05:33 AM)
QUOTE (GhostGirl @ Jun 4 2009, 04:57 PM)
QUOTE (1-0-0-1-0-0-1 @ Jun 4 2009, 03:56 PM)
QUOTE (GhostGirl @ Jun 4 2009, 04:55 PM)
QUOTE (Prince Sphinc-Tor @ Jun 4 2009, 03:49 PM)
QUOTE (Soni @ Jun 4 2009, 02:10 PM)
Uma finally got him sad.gif

No...bad poon.

Classy.

new_thumbsdownsmileyanim.gif

You expected different?

True.

Plenty of places for "funny" stuff elsewhere. Jeez.

OK....I didn't get it exactly right...but I was close. (My theory was he was with a Thai prostitute when he died)

BTW does this make it better?

R.I.P. DC rose.gif

No.

QUOTE (GhostGirl @ Jun 5 2009, 11:03 AM)

No...bad poon.

Classy.

You expected different?

True.

OK....I didn't get it exactly right...but I was close. (My theory was he was with a Thai prostitute when he died)

R.I.P. DC rose.gif

No.

See, THAT ^^^ was funny...

(sorry).

I'll go away now...

My wife told me the news on the phone last night. I said, 'I bet he was jerkin off'. She responded, 'Thats terrible'. I was like, 'No seriously, wait for more of this to come out'. Suicide didn't make sense, and I heard he was getting ready to go to dinner with some friends. Its too bad, but apparently he was the master of another art. RIP David.

QUOTE (GeddyLeeRoth @ Jun 5 2009, 11:58 AM)
My wife told me the news on the phone last night. I said, 'I bet he was jerkin off'. She responded, 'Thats terrible'. I was like, 'No seriously, wait for more of this to come out'. Suicide didn't make sense, and I heard he was getting ready to go to dinner with some friends. Its too bad, but apparently he was the master of another art. RIP David.

Bet you wouldn't treat it so lightly if it were someone you knew.

And suicide never makes sense, except to the person committing the act. Within the context of his chronic depression, it fits.

QUOTE (Mara @ Jun 5 2009, 10:34 AM)
My wife told me the news on the phone last night.  I said, 'I bet he was jerkin off'.  She responded, 'Thats terrible'.  I was like, 'No seriously, wait for more of this to come out'.  Suicide didn't make sense, and I heard he was getting ready to go to dinner with some friends.  Its too bad, but apparently he was the master of another art.  RIP David.

And suicide never makes sense, except to the person committing the act. Within the context of his chronic depression, it fits.

But he wasn't trying to commit suicide. Or so it is sounding like from recent reports. I think it really was a sex act gone wrong. Hopefully this whole thing passes quickly. Both for his friends and his family.

QUOTE (Jack Aubrey @ Jun 5 2009, 09:23 AM)
QUOTE (Cowtothesky @ Jun 5 2009, 08:43 AM)

No...bad poon.

Classy.

You expected different?

True.

R.I.P. DC rose.gif

Why don't you just keep your idiotic thoughs to yourself. No one wants to hear your sick theories on the death of a great actor.

Carradine was one of my favorite actors of all time. I watched The Long Riders last night. RIP David Carradine.

The Long Riders

Is that available on DVD? I've heard good things about it but I've never seen it.

Yes -

I own the DVD. I bought it a couple years ago because I loved the movie. It is awesome and I highly recommend it, especially if you like westerns. It isn't exactly historically accurate, but it sure is entertaining. I always thought David Carradine's version of Cole Younger was great. Lots of gun action, which I'm sure you will love. Great cast as well - Christopher Guest plays one of the Ford brothers, which is unusual. If you remember, he was the guitarist from Spinal Tap.

BTW, I have a David Carradine story. 3 or 4 years ago, I went to the Golden Globes with my wife and we got in the after party at the Beverly Hilton. David Carradine was sitting alone on one of the couches. He really looked kind of pissed off for some reason, so I didn't bother him. But, my sister (who is a pretty forward person) sat down next to him and said the stupidist thing ever. She said, "I just wanted to let you know that I loved you in Kung Fu". LOL - what an idiot. Carradine looked at her with a 'go to hell' look and then looked away. I thought it was funny. He was apparently not in a good mood that night and didn't seem like he wanted to be there. It never changed my opinion of him though - I just thought it was a dumbass thing to say to him and got all over my sister for that.

Edited by Cowtothesky

QUOTE (Mara @ Jun 5 2009, 12:34 PM)
My wife told me the news on the phone last night.  I said, 'I bet he was jerkin off'.  She responded, 'Thats terrible'.  I was like, 'No seriously, wait for more of this to come out'.  Suicide didn't make sense, and I heard he was getting ready to go to dinner with some friends.  Its too bad, but apparently he was the master of another art.  RIP David.

Yep. His post was tasteless but I do agree with him on one thing. The suicide doesn't makes sense. There's something fishy about it. The timing of it is very strange.

QUOTE (Cowtothesky @ Jun 5 2009, 03:24 PM)
QUOTE (Jack Aubrey @ Jun 5 2009, 09:23 AM)
QUOTE (Cowtothesky @ Jun 5 2009, 08:43 AM)

No...bad poon.

Classy.

You expected different?

True.

R.I.P. DC rose.gif

Why don't you just keep your idiotic thoughs to yourself. No one wants to hear your sick theories on the death of a great actor.

Carradine was one of my favorite actors of all time. I watched The Long Riders last night. RIP David Carradine.

The Long Riders

Is that available on DVD? I've heard good things about it but I've never seen it.

Yes -

I own the DVD. I bought it a couple years ago because I loved the movie. It is awesome and I highly recommend it, especially if you like westerns. It isn't exactly historically accurate, but it sure is entertaining. I always thought David Carradine's version of Cole Younger was great. Lots of gun action, which I'm sure you will love. Great cast as well - Christopher Guest plays one of the Ford brothers, which is unusual. If you remember, he was the guitarist from Spinal Tap.

BTW, I have a David Carradine story. 3 or 4 years ago, I went to the Golden Globes with my wife and we got in the after party at the Beverly Hilton. David Carradine was sitting alone on one of the couches. He really looked kind of pissed off for some reason, so I didn't bother him. But, my sister (who is a pretty forward person) sat down next to him and said the stupidist thing ever. She said, "I just wanted to let you know that I loved you in Kung Fu". LOL - what an idiot. Carradine looked at her with a 'go to hell' look and then looked away. I thought it was funny. He was apparently not in a good mood that night and didn't seem like he wanted to be there. It never changed my opinion of him though - I just thought it was a dumbass thing to say to him and got all over my sister for that.

Yeah, I love Westerns. I like Christopher Guest a lot, too. I liked him in 'Spinal Tap' but my favorite of his roles was as Count Rugen in 'The Princess Bride'.

Thanks for the info, I'll pick up the DVD.

QUOTE (tangy @ Jun 5 2009, 07:56 AM)
QUOTE (RUSHHEAD666 @ Jun 5 2009, 12:31 AM)
Unfortunately this reminds me of when Brad Delp decided to have a BBQ inside his bathroom.

Damn, what a way to snuff it.  Totally depressing and David might have been suffering from the same thing.

Very sad.  Bottom line.

more like the dude from INXS.

strange shit indeed.

Yep I was thinking the exact same thing. Could be another Michael Hutchence accident, not a suicide like Brad Delp.

That's not the way I want to be remembered. Fokk that.

Sincerely,

"Suicide Blonde"

Edited by RUSHHEAD666

QUOTE (Janie @ Jun 6 2009, 08:12 AM)
Not suicide. Sex act gone wrong.

If you're into cutting off your air supply during orgasm, make sure you have a partner there.

You'd think a 72-year old would know this.

QUOTE (Mara @ Jun 6 2009, 06:53 AM)
QUOTE (Janie @ Jun 6 2009, 08:12 AM)
Not suicide. Sex act gone wrong.

If you're into cutting off your air supply during orgasm, make sure you have a partner there.

You'd think a 72-year old would know this.

wink.gif

Edited by Janie

Hmm, maybe someone else was there also but is too afraid to admit it for fear of being convicted of a crime? Haven't heard anything yet though if there was another person there or not. confused13.gif Supposedly he was in a closet, and maybe the door was closed so it would be dark, to get that sensory deprivation effect? The plot thickens... Edited by SiriusRushFan

QUOTE (HisCounterpart @ Jun 4 2009, 06:27 PM)
"I'm a murdering bastard, you know that. And there are consequences to breaking the heart of a murdering bastard."

How I loved him in Kill Bill!
That dialogue is one of the most exciting scenes I've ever seen.

That dialogue is a favorite of mine on YouTube. yes.gif

QUOTE (RUSHHEAD666 @ Jun 6 2009, 04:38 PM)
A buddy of mine just told me that this tragedy is now a murder.

I KNEW IT!

I told somebody the other day that it was a murder that was made to look like a suicide!!!

QUOTE (SiriusRushFan @ Jun 6 2009, 04:07 PM)
Hmm, maybe someone else was there also but is too afraid to admit it for fear of being convicted of a crime? Haven't heard anything yet though if there was another person there or not. confused13.gif Supposedly he was in a closet, and maybe the door was closed so it would be dark, to get that sensory deprivation effect? The plot thickens...

Supposedly his wrists were bound as well, which would seem to indicate another participant.