The Big Bang Theory

VampireBiscuits

QUOTE (ILSnwdog @ Jan 12 2012, 03:53 PM)
QUOTE (EmotionDetector @ Jan 12 2012, 01:54 PM)
QUOTE (ILSnwdog @ Jan 12 2012, 02:45 PM)
QUOTE (EmotionDetector @ Jan 12 2012, 09:27 AM)
I think I may need to start picking up the DVD's so that I can actually follow the show in order, and watch every episode.

I did that. I have the first three season. I need to get season four, because I've worn out the first three seasons. biggrin.gif

ohmy.gif There's already that many seasons??! ph34r.gif

They're currently airing season 5. Still just as funny as the first.

It's rare that shows keep their charm for this long. Creds to the writers!

QUOTE (Earthshine Emmeline @ Jan 18 2012, 05:31 PM)
QUOTE (ILSnwdog @ Jan 12 2012, 03:53 PM)
QUOTE (EmotionDetector @ Jan 12 2012, 01:54 PM)
QUOTE (ILSnwdog @ Jan 12 2012, 02:45 PM)
I think I may need to start picking up the DVD's so that I can actually follow the show in order, and watch every episode.

I did that. I have the first three season. I need to get season four, because I've worn out the first three seasons. biggrin.gif

ohmy.gif There's already that many seasons??! ph34r.gif

They're currently airing season 5. Still just as funny as the first.

It's rare that shows keep their charm for this long. Creds to the writers!

yes.gif

Also adding in the characters of Bernadette and especially Amy have helped kept the laughs going. In fact, I think Amy have has given some great material and provided some of the biggest laughs for me in season four. I like how the show has made small changes with each character but it's not enough to ruin the characters or destroy the shows original premise and appeal.

I've read it's been renewed up through season seven. Some shows lose their way a bit when they go for that long. But so far this show has given me no reason to believe that they will.

Such a funny show.

"Bazinga!"

"Soft kitty, warm kitty, little ball of fur. Happy kitty, sleepy kitty, purr, purr, purr."

laugh.gif I have all four seasons and watch season five on CBS.com because I don't know how to set up bunny ears, although I think my TV is too old for bunny ears (a good section of it is turning green).

QUOTE (Unattractive Truth @ Jan 18 2012, 10:09 PM)
I agree, especially about Amy. She's hilarious, and a perfect foil for Sheldon.

You mean Shamy! Awwww... tongue.gif

QUOTE (pedro2112 @ Jan 13 2012, 12:09 AM)
QUOTE (ILSnwdog @ Jan 12 2012, 12:45 PM)

In the middle of season three right now.

I just picked up season four yesterday. The season four opener is classic. The computerized arm getting stuck on Howard is hysterical! laugh.gif

QUOTE (ILSnwdog @ Jan 23 2012, 01:12 PM)

I just picked up season four yesterday. The season four opener is classic. The computerized arm getting stuck on Howard is hysterical! laugh.gif

I gotta pick that up! I saw season four back when I bought season three. There was the Blu-Ray, and then the regular DVD had a T-Shirt with it.

Did you get the T-Shirt?

QUOTE (pedro2112 @ Jan 23 2012, 10:59 PM)
QUOTE (ILSnwdog @ Jan 23 2012, 01:12 PM)

I gotta pick that up! I saw season four back when I bought season three. There was the Blu-Ray, and then the regular DVD had a T-Shirt with it.

Did you get the T-Shirt?

No. I didn't get a shirt. It was cheap as hell. I think the DVD was only $15 at Target.

QUOTE (EmotionDetector @ Jan 24 2012, 01:51 PM)
My wife and I are getting more and more addicted to this show everyday.

We have started watching it at dinner time every weeknight.

Great, Great show! Time to get those DVD's...

Get yourself to the closest Target in your area, if there are any. They've got the DVDs of each season on sale for 15 bucks each this week.

Edited by J2112YYZ

QUOTE (danielmclark @ Jan 24 2012, 09:40 PM)
I'm not going to read the thread to this point, I'm just dropping in to say that I just finished watching season one (took me three days wink.gif) so, count me as a fan. The show's awesome.

Welcome aboard!!! Now get to watching the next three seasons wink.gif

It's my <CENSRORED BY SOPA> anniversary with my girlfriend soon. We agreed to keep it small, so aside from a romantic evening I have planned, I bought her this: http://www.thinkgeek.com/geektoys/plush/ea67/?icpg=bise

Thoughts?

Edited by USB Connector

QUOTE (USB Connector @ Jan 24 2012, 10:14 PM)
It's my <CENSRORED BY SOPA> anniversary with my girlfriend soon. We agreed to keep it small, so aside from a romantic evening I have planned, I bought her this: http://www.thinkgeek.com/geektoys/plush/ea67/?icpg=bise

Thoughts?

new_thumbsupsmileyanim.gif

Do they have a recording of Kaley singing it or is is just some other voice?

QUOTE (J2112YYZ @ Jan 24 2012, 10:17 PM)

Thoughts?

As I understand it it's Penny's voice. I can't confirm because it hasn't come in the mail yet.

QUOTE (USB Connector @ Jan 24 2012, 10:19 PM)

Thoughts?

As I understand it it's Penny's voice. I can't confirm because it hasn't come in the mail yet.

I just checked the page again and they have a video. It does sound like her voice.

QUOTE (J2112YYZ @ Jan 24 2012, 11:25 PM)
QUOTE (USB Connector @ Jan 24 2012, 10:19 PM)

Thoughts?

I just checked the page again and they have a video. It does sound like her voice.

Hmmm I can see it now

wife: (a la Holowitz's mom) Bob why are you sleeping downstairs again?

from the guest room (softly): soft kitty sleepy kitty purr purr purr

rofl3.gif

Raj is a shitty character with a shitty fake annoying half assed accent. He's JUST like fez in that 70's show. Half of his punchlines relate to his ethnicity. Not funny, not progressive, not interesting, just annoying

f**k you Raj.

http://i.imgur.com/RywvP.png

Bazinga.

Edited by Ovningskora

QUOTE (Ovningskora @ Jan 27 2012, 01:54 AM)
Raj is a shitty character with a shitty fake annoying half assed accent. He's JUST like fez in that 70's show. Half of his punchlines relate to his ethnicity. Not funny, not progressive, not interesting, just annoying

f**k you Raj.

http://i.imgur.com/RywvP.png

Bazinga.

I find myself caring less and less about Raj as the show goes. The main thing with the Raj character that I think is getting old is when he mopes around about not having anybody and wondering why women aren't into him. It's because you can't talk to them you idiot laugh.gif

QUOTE (J2112YYZ @ Jan 27 2012, 01:10 PM)
I find myself caring less and less about Raj as the show goes. The main thing with the Raj character that I think is getting old is when he mopes around about not having anybody and wondering why women aren't into him. It's because you can't talk to them you idiot laugh.gif

I've been saying for two or three seasons now that they need to give Raj something more. All the characters have their quirks; Raj's quirk - that he can only talk to women when he's drinking/drunk - is old and overplayed. (Not to mention, Kunal is getting stiffed on dialogue because his character seldom speaks.) One other trait they've kinda-sorta been playing with is making Raj a sensitive girly-man Romantic: reading a "Twilight" book ("Bella, can't you see? Edward only pushes you away because he loves you!"), watching Bridget Jones' Diary again ("I'm crying already!"), Eat Pray Love, The Notebook, Sex and the City, etc. I just think, overall, he needs to be developed more.

BTW, I like Amy's quasi-lesbian thing for Penny. Amy has shown herself to be straight (for example, when she swooned over Penny's ex-boyfriend), but also voices excessive admiration for Penny's physical allure. Maybe they could amplify this Amy trait in future episodes.

Season Four was a little weak, in my opinion, and the trouble may lie in the fact that the characters (other than Raj) all had steady relationships. They're funnier when single, particularly Howard. I didn't care for the Priya character, but I do like Bernadette and Amy Farrah Fowler... so I wouldn't necessarily say I'm in favor of Howard and Sheldon de-coupling from their partners. I don't know what the answer is, but I want to have Bernadette around while also having a single Howard Wolowitz.

Edited by GeddyRulz

QUOTE (GeddyRulz @ Jan 27 2012, 03:20 PM)
BTW, I like Amy's quasi-lesbian thing for Penny. Amy has shown herself to be straight (for example, when she swooned over Penny's ex-boyfriend), but also voices excessive admiration for Penny's physical allure. Maybe they could amplify this Amy trait in future episodes.

Yes, preferably on cable or, better yet, a pay movie channel.

Speaking of "Fun with Flags" is Chuck "dumbing down" Sheldon to build a wider less intellectual leaning fan base, or is he running out of shit for Sheldon to make us laugh....or am I mistaken.

Keep in mind before you answer, my wife actually AGREED with me,(and she's NEVER wrong) Sheldon IS getting dumberer, but I do believe there may be an opposing point of view

tongue.gif

QUOTE (BeOhBe Bob @ Jan 28 2012, 02:03 AM)
Speaking of "Fun with Flags" is Chuck "dumbing down" Sheldon to build a wider less intellectual leaning fan base, or is he running out of shit for Sheldon to make us laugh....or am I mistaken.

Keep in mind before you answer, my wife actually AGREED with me,(and she's NEVER wrong) Sheldon IS getting dumberer, but I do believe there may be an opposing point of view

tongue.gif

I don't think Sheldon is getting dumber, but the fun with flags thing was kind of stupid. Although it's exactly the odd kind of thing he would do. But when you've got Sheldon and Amy in a scene together and it's not working then something's not right since those two have such good chemistry together.

The show has established how smart Sheldon is, so they don't need to do that as much anymore. The show became a hit because of him, so I don't see why dumbing him down would do anything at this point. I think his circle of friends and especially Amy have got him thinking about more things than just science now which may create the illusion that he's getting dumber. But I see it as Sheldon becoming slightly human and realizing there's more things to focus on than thinking about work all the time. Whenever you get a chance to re-watch the current season you'll see that he is still Sheldon.

Edited by J2112YYZ