Actors you just can't stand

Tick

QUOTE (Jack Aubrey @ Jan 8 2009, 08:26 AM)
QUOTE (librarian @ Jan 7 2009, 04:02 PM)
Gwyneth Paltrow and as Kathy Griffin would say, "and her big bag of bullsh#t"

If her parents weren't famous to start off with - (her father was Bruce Paltrow, Director, and her mother is Blythe Danner, Actress) she wouldn't have made it.

I've had it with Tom Cruise too, he can take a hike...

I can't stand Paltrow either. I kind of hate myself because I think she was hot in 'Iron Man'. Her voice still sounds like fingernails on a chalkboard, though.

I thinks she's good. I thought Shallow Hal was very funny. She is definetly not on a worst list imo.

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (tick @ Jan 8 2009, 07:51 AM)
QUOTE (1-0-0-1-0-0-1 @ Jan 8 2009, 02:28 AM)
QUOTE (tick @ Jan 7 2009, 03:17 PM)
QUOTE (Pags @ Jan 7 2009, 04:12 PM)
QUOTE (Storm Shadow @ Jan 7 2009, 03:02 PM)
Even though I think Keanu is shit, I love Bill & Ted and Freaked (he played a mexican dog boy in a freak show -- it's great!) too much to completely hate him.

Paul Walker, Julia Roberts, Tom Cruise, Josh Hartnett (good call), Affleck, Dane Cook (terrible comedian, terrible actor), Brendan Fraser.

That guy single-handedly destroys any movie he's in.

new_thumbsdownsmileyanim.gif new_thumbsdownsmileyanim.gif

He sure aint all that. Thats for sure. Walker is the worst though. I'm convinced. yes.gif

Walker is better than Keanu. Not by much, but he's better. Keanu is just that bad.

no.gif Reaves at least has been ok in the past. Bill and Ted was funny. Walker has never made a decent movie.

I still disagree. Saying Keanu was good in "Bill and Ted" when he was merely playing himself isn't saying anything. When he isn't going "Whoa" or "Excellent!" he's wooden and monotonous. He simply can't act, and he brings down almost every movie he's in. For instance, "Devil's Advocate" could have been a decent flick with someone other than him playing against Al Pacino.

And he DID make a decent movie: "The Matrix" was a quality sci-fi flick and was generally well-liked, and the only thing bad about it was Keanu. Somehow, he managed to not bring that movie down to his level.

Paul Walker made one good movie: "Eight Below." Yeah, it was a Disney kid's movie, but it was well-made and he was watchable in it -- watchable to the point where you didn't really notice he's a sucky actor. He was able to blend in with the other actors and be somewhat effective and natural.

QUOTE (1-0-0-1-0-0-1 @ Jan 8 2009, 08:26 AM)
Paul Walker made one good movie: "Eight Below." Yeah, it was a Disney kid's movie, but it was well-made and he was watchable in it -- watchable to the point where you didn't really notice he's a sucky actor. He was able to blend in with the other actors and be somewhat effective and natural.

ok--finally looked him up....never saw a thing he was in...save maybe for Who's the Boss or Highway to Heaven...but that was nearly 20 years ago...

Eddie Murphy. He made a horrible impression on me at the premiere and after party of Beverly Hills Cop 2. He had all these big security guys around him and every time a person of color approached him he would go out of his way to shake their hand. When it was a white person he would turn away.

There was a whole group of us watching this and it just changed how we felt about Eddie Murphy.

I have refused to see a movie he has been in since then.

Two more that suck.

Kiefer Sutherland

Wesley Snipes

QUOTE (1-0-0-1-0-0-1 @ Jan 8 2009, 09:26 AM)
QUOTE (tick @ Jan 8 2009, 07:51 AM)
QUOTE (1-0-0-1-0-0-1 @ Jan 8 2009, 02:28 AM)
QUOTE (tick @ Jan 7 2009, 03:17 PM)
QUOTE (Pags @ Jan 7 2009, 04:12 PM)
QUOTE (Storm Shadow @ Jan 7 2009, 03:02 PM)
Even though I think Keanu is shit, I love Bill & Ted and Freaked (he played a mexican dog boy in a freak show -- it's great!) too much to completely hate him.

Paul Walker, Julia Roberts, Tom Cruise, Josh Hartnett (good call), Affleck, Dane Cook (terrible comedian, terrible actor), Brendan Fraser.

That guy single-handedly destroys any movie he's in.

new_thumbsdownsmileyanim.gif new_thumbsdownsmileyanim.gif

He sure aint all that. Thats for sure. Walker is the worst though. I'm convinced. yes.gif

Walker is better than Keanu. Not by much, but he's better. Keanu is just that bad.

no.gif Reaves at least has been ok in the past. Bill and Ted was funny. Walker has never made a decent movie.

I still disagree. Saying Keanu was good in "Bill and Ted" when he was merely playing himself isn't saying anything. When he isn't going "Whoa" or "Excellent!" he's wooden and monotonous. He simply can't act, and he brings down almost every movie he's in. For instance, "Devil's Advocate" could have been a decent flick with someone other than him playing against Al Pacino.

And he DID make a decent movie: "The Matrix" was a quality sci-fi flick and was generally well-liked, and the only thing bad about it was Keanu. Somehow, he managed to not bring that movie down to his level.

Keanu was ok in Somethings gotta give. He was also ok in Constantine. He was ok in The Lake House. Paul Walker is lame. He has no personality whatsoever. Casting him and Alba together was painfull. They both look great to there respective species, but thats as far as it goes.

The following brilliant scene has benn posted in honor of 1001 ! Enjoy...

QUOTE (tick @ Jan 8 2009, 11:13 AM)
Two more that suck.
Kiefer Sutherland
Wesley Snipes

Also, somemore that suck...

Jake Gyllenhall

Ashton Kutcher

Topher Grace

Ryan Reynolds

QUOTE (ReRushed @ Jan 7 2009, 06:46 PM)
QUOTE (treeduck @ Jan 7 2009, 07:03 PM)
QUOTE (tick @ Jan 7 2009, 05:26 PM)
Burt Reynolds

Burt was good for a while in the 70s, Deliverance, Longest Yard, Semi Tough, Gator, then it all went wrong...

He was great in Boogie Nights.

Also pretty good in Mystery Alaska.

QUOTE (Steevo @ Jan 8 2009, 01:51 PM)
QUOTE (tick @ Jan 9 2009, 04:59 AM)

Jake Gyllenhall

Ashton Kutcher

Topher Grace

Ryan Reynolds

I cant see JG lumped in with those turkeys no.gif

Watch Bubble Boy...

eyesre4.gif

QUOTE (treeduck @ Jan 8 2009, 01:57 PM)

Jake Gyllenhall

Ashton Kutcher

Topher Grace

Ryan Reynolds

Watch Bubble Boy...

eyesre4.gif

Bubble Boy was god awful. 062802puke_prv.gif 062802puke_prv.gif 062802puke_prv.gif 062802puke_prv.gif 062802puke_prv.gif 062802puke_prv.gif 062802puke_prv.gif

QUOTE (iluvgeddy05 @ Jan 8 2009, 04:21 PM)
Vince Vaughn. He plays the same damn person in every movie!

Maybe so, but I can watch "Old School" and "Wedding Crashers" over and over... and he's a big part of both.

Tom Cruise - Not because he acts the same in every single movie even when he is a German but because of how he behaves in private or off-set situations, a real arse -

I lump him in with Tim Robbins/Susan Sarrandon/Sean Penn and not because they are left wing nut jobs but because i don't want any hollywood eliteist telliing me what i should think and do with my life -

Edited by alphseeker

QUOTE (Turn Me On Dead Man @ Jan 9 2009, 12:45 PM)
QUOTE (treeduck @ Jan 8 2009, 01:57 PM)

Jake Gyllenhall

Ashton Kutcher

Topher Grace

Ryan Reynolds

Watch Bubble Boy...

eyesre4.gif

Bubble Boy was god awful. 062802puke_prv.gif 062802puke_prv.gif 062802puke_prv.gif 062802puke_prv.gif 062802puke_prv.gif 062802puke_prv.gif 062802puke_prv.gif

I haven't seen it so I cant comment. What I have seen him in doesn't deserve that much hate.

Andie McDowell.

Everything she does makes me itch, gag and retch.

4 Weddings and a Funeral, she stank the place out.

Groundhog Day, she made a balls of it.

Multiplicity, thank God we had a shitload of Michael Keatons.

There's more, Green Card........dear God.

And those frigging ads!!! AAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHH!

Wow, reading through this thread, I like a good 80% or so of the people listed here ( unsure.gif ), although admittedly some of those people have been in some pretty crappy movies. It's entirely possible that I either have lower standards or am just more forgiving. tongue.gif

I think there's an important distinction between being a bad actor and just being in a movie that doesn't require a stellar performance. Like take Vince Vaughn as one example - I think he's great. I loved movies like Swingers and Wedding Crashers - neither required an oscar-winning kind of performance, and for what those parts were, I thought he did great. I guess with some actors I don't expect truly fantastic performances, but then again you wouldn't really see someone like Vince Vaughn cast in a role that would usually go to a Sean Penn, Russel Crowe or Philip Seymour Hoffman.

For me to think an actor is truly bad, I have to notice what seems to be a truly bad performance, and then see that consistently. Take Keanu Reeves in Much Ado About Nothing - a really awful performance IMHO. Then again, I thought he was awesome in the first Matrix. Was it a part requiring extreme emotional depth? No. I appreciated it for what it was.

There aren't a lot of actors/actresses I'll write off totally. Like take Drew Barrymore (mentioned earlier). I thought she was a pretty lousy actress growing up, but I think she got better and at some point became really good. Is she among the very best? Certainly not, but I've enjoyed several movies she's been in.

And then there are some (IMHO) truly great actors and actresses mentioned here as well, like Nicole Kidman, Leonardio Decaprio and Tom Cruise.

Maybe some people can't separate Tom Cruise's personal life from his acting now, but there was a time he was considered among the best with films like A Few Good Men, Born on the Fourth of July, Rain Man, The Color of Money, etc. Maybe some people didn't like him before his personal life got so public, but I thought he was generally considered great before that. I don't think his acting has become worse since then, although he hasn't been in a lot of great movies lately either, at least that I've seen. I did think he was great in Minority Report and The Last Samurai, and those weren't too long ago.

Anyway, all IMHO. Like I said before, it's entirely possible I just have lower standards, and if so, I'm ok with that. tongue.gif wink.gif

Edited by rushgoober

QUOTE (rushgoober @ Jan 10 2009, 11:09 AM)
Wow, reading through this thread, I like a good 80% or so of the people listed here ( unsure.gif ), although admittedly some of those people have been in some pretty crappy movies. It's entirely possible that I either have lower standards or am just more forgiving. tongue.gif

I think there's an important distinction between being a bad actor and just being in a movie that doesn't require a stellar performance. Like take Vince Vaughn as one example - I think he's great. I loved movies like Swingers and Wedding Crashers - neither required an oscar-winning kind of performance, and for what those parts were, I thought he did great. I guess with some actors I don't expect truly fantastic performances, but then again you wouldn't really see someone like Vince Vaughn cast in a role that would usually go to a Sean Penn, Russel Crowe or Philip Seymour Hoffman.

For me to think an actor is truly bad, I have to notice what seems to be a truly bad performance, and then see that consistently. Take Keanu Reeves in Much Ado About Nothing - a really awful performance IMHO. Then again, I thought he was awesome in the first Matrix. Was it a part requiring extreme emotional depth? No. I appreciated it for what it was.

There aren't a lot of actors/actresses I'll write off totally. Like take Drew Barrymore (mentioned earlier). I thought she was a pretty lousy actress growing up, but I think she got better and at some point became really good. Is she among the very best? Certainly not, but I've enjoyed several movies she's been in.

And then there are some (IMHO) truly great actors and actresses mentioned here as well, like Nicole Kidman, Leonardio Decaprio and Tom Cruise.

Maybe some people can't separate Tom Cruise's personal life from his acting now, but there was a time he was considered among the best with films like A Few Good Men, Born on the Fourth of July, Rain Man, The Color of Money, etc. Maybe some people didn't like him before his personal life got so public, but I thought he was generally considered great before that. I don't think his acting has become worse since then, although he hasn't been in a lot of great movies lately either, at least that I've seen. I did think he was great in Minority Report and The Last Samurai, and those weren't too long ago.

Anyway, all IMHO. Like I said before, it's entirely possible I just have lower standards, and if so, I'm ok with that. tongue.gif wink.gif

blah blah blah

eyesre4.gif

laugh.gif